Backgroud Apps Automatticaly Shut down After Lolipop Update

ranjanbawa

May 20, 2015
Visit site
Backgroud Apps Automatticaly Shut down After Lolipop Update....

when i was download something from play store then when i switch to another app like whatsapp or else

when i switch back to play store its restarted and downloadings of apps are automatically shut down :( please help me to solve this problem

lisaquach

May 14, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
please do a factory reset, and there is another update of around 315MB. That has addressed the autoring down bug.
After this update tell me what is the result?

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Backgroud Apps Automatticaly Shut down After Lolipop Update....

when i was download something from play store then when i switch to another app like whatsapp or else

when i switch back to play store its restarted and downloadings of apps are automatically shut down :( please help me to solve this problem

Android is designed to shut down background applications if there is an overload on the phone and it needs resources. Do the following...

1. Wipe the cache partition, as per #1.3 of S5 Lollipop Update Problems - Dummies Guide

2. Check what running applications you have by going to...

Settngs > Application manager > Running

Check to see if you have a lot of apps running in the background, that shouldn't be. You could consider de-bloating your phone, as per #1.9 of the above guide.

Hi,
please do a factory reset, and there is another update of around 315MB. That has addressed the autoring down bug.
After this update tell me what is the result?

You are assuming that the O.P.'s Galaxy S5 is the same as yours! There are currently 40 different models and over 300+ Lollipop firmwares for them. See...

40 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide

This starts with the headline...

"Think that everyone's Samsung Galaxy S5 is the same as yours...
Think again!
"

Last edited:

autiger

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I am having this same exact problem. Mine is a Verizon S5 running the BOC4 build.

One of the first problems I noticed after the Lollipop update was that updates from the Play store would slow everything down, often hang and would still be churning hours later after I left my wifi (download only on wifi selected). It now constantly shuts down everything in the background including reloading the launcher icons and will even stop a video if I'm watching one while it's updating apps. I turned off automatic updates so now I can at least control when it slows down my phone.

I have done 3 factory resets since the Lollipop update (1 since the latest update) and too many cache wipes to count. The overheating/battery drain is not as bad as before the last update, but it is still there. I have been documenting the apps as I reinstalll after a reset to see if these issues are caused by anything in particular. I find that everything runs smoothly with everything installed for about a week then everything goes south.

My latest problem is it has starting freezing up about once a day, but not at the same time or doing the same thing. It will just show my wallpaper and I can't do anything with it but pull the battery. Could this all be related to the same memory leak problem I'm hearing about on the S6?

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I am having this same exact problem. Mine is a Verizon S5 running the BOC4 build.

One of the first problems I noticed after the Lollipop update was that updates from the Play store would slow everything down, often hang and would still be churning hours later after I left my wifi (download only on wifi selected). It now constantly shuts down everything in the background including reloading the launcher icons and will even stop a video if I'm watching one while it's updating apps. I turned off automatic updates so now I can at least control when it slows down my phone.

I have done 3 factory resets since the Lollipop update (1 since the latest update) and too many cache wipes to count. The overheating/battery drain is not as bad as before the last update, but it is still there. I have been documenting the apps as I reinstalll after a reset to see if these issues are caused by anything in particular. I find that everything runs smoothly with everything installed for about a week then everything goes south.

My latest problem is it has starting freezing up about once a day, but not at the same time or doing the same thing. It will just show my wallpaper and I can't do anything with it but pull the battery. Could this all be related to the same memory leak problem I'm hearing about on the S6?

Bottom line... Verizon's firmware is so old and on such a low changelist that it lacks any of the performance and battery enhancements and bugfixes of the numerous later, higher changelist, versions of Lollipop. See post #1 of Lollipop release. Massive update!!! Also, the heavy extra Verizon bloatware that comes with it, doesn't help either

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
yes but phone still like sameee can i downgrade is kitkat is better then lolliop

Personally, I would not go back to KitKat. Can you try closing all open apps by using the recent apps button and then try d/l something from the Play Store and open, say, Whatsapp, to see if the d/l stops.

ranjanbawa

May 20, 2015
Visit site
i tried but its not stopped when i was downloaded small app its stopped or larger apps like games i was downloaded BIA3 game its stopped again :(

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
i tried but its not stopped when i was downloaded small app its stopped or larger apps like games i was downloaded BIA3 game its stopped again :(

What signal are you downloading over, 2G/Edge/3G/HSDPA/HSPA or Wi-Fi?

Go to... Settings > About device > Status > ... and give your Signal strength, (-dBm and asu), and Mobile network type and Service state