More than 2 water damage indicators?

2jzgte

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
Hi all.

My indicator on the battery is pink, but the indicator on the phone itself (the square in the battery compartment) is white. The screen is messed up (touch screen still works, but colors are off, so it's unusable). Phone has been in rice for 4 days now, but I guess the damage is irreversible.

I have another S5 laying around that's never seen water, so I was thinking about just switching batteries and sending the damaged phone in for repair (still under warranty).

I don't wanna be sermonized on whether I'm being dishonest or not, because I find it quite dishonest that Samsung would advertise this : "Water-resistant and dustproof based on IP67 rating, which tests submersion up to 1 meter for up to 30 minutes." yet refuse to cover water damage under warranty (according to what I've read on different forums). I'm just trying to dodge a bullet here.

My question is the following : I heard there are other water damage indicators inside the phone... is that true?

Thanks.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Water Damage on Galaxy S5 : Are there more than two water damage indicators?

Hi all.

My indicator on the battery is pink, but the indicator on the phone itself (the square in the battery compartment) is white. The screen is messed up (touch screen still works, but colors are off, so it's unusable). Phone has been in rice for 4 days now, but I guess the damage is irreversible.

I have another S5 laying around that's never seen water, so I was thinking about just switching batteries and sending the damaged phone in for repair (still under warranty).

I don't wanna be sermonized on whether I'm being dishonest or not, because I find it quite dishonest that Samsung would advertise this : "Water-resistant and dustproof based on IP67 rating, which tests submersion up to 1 meter for up to 30 minutes." yet refuse to cover water damage under warranty (according to what I've read on different forums). I'm just trying to dodge a bullet here.

My question is the following : I heard there are other water damage indicators inside the phone... is that true?

Thanks.
Welcome to Android Central!

I took a look at iFixit's teardown and only see the two indicators. However, I've seen references online indicating that there may be a third inside the frame.

systemofadown1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Re: Water Damage on Galaxy S5 : Are there more than two water damage indicators?

I'd bet there is a hidden indicator internally also.
50/50 chance its not "tripped" if it does exist....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch