Are you happy with your s6 Active

mj0528

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
0 lag on mine now 2 months +

Posted from my Samsung S6 Active
I know I'm not in the minority. I love these phone but sometimes, often times, I feel like I'm using an galaxy s2. The only thing that really keeps me from selling it is there camera. So nice! Thinking of a point and shoot with the nexus 6. Perfect combo!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Perx

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I have had the S6 and I definitely like it better. Same camera, much better battery life. I got tired of the finger print sensor after a while so don't miss that. The only thing that's been bugging me is I keep wakinf the device by hitting the hardware buttons, need to find out a way to disable them at times like when I'm running or when it's in a pocket.

Posted via the Android Central App

dasupaman23

Nov 24, 2008
Visit site
Just got my Active last Friday when I pre ordered my Note 5. I've been more happy with this version of the S6 rather than the Edge I had. Plus its nice to just throw a glass screen protector on and not worry about a case. That can be an expensive habit.

Looks like I still may get the Note but just to resell and pay this phone off.

Sent from my S6 Active

Phoneguy108

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I have had the S6 and I definitely like it better. Same camera, much better battery life. I got tired of the finger print sensor after a while so don't miss that. The only thing that's been bugging me is I keep wakinf the device by hitting the hardware buttons, need to find out a way to disable them at times like when I'm running or when it's in a pocket.

Same here. Always turning the phone on by accident

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Well my son is now the proud owner of my s6 Active. I have enjoyed it immensely for the last 2 months.

I have 14 days to decide on my new note 5 and see if I can loose the nagging fears I have on most other phones of them getting wet or having to baby them and not having the physical buttons and activity button to use,or how loud and clear that single rear speaker is on it.

If I can't, then I will just go and get another Active and be done with it.

kobrapack99

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
How is everyone dealing with the lag? I have the s6 active and its so laggy. I picked up the nexus while I wait for updates that fix this broken phone with an amazing camera (if it's still pics)

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

When mine lagged I restarted it. I think it's good to do just like a computer.

Tarah Sorber

Trusted Member
Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
I just got an active today. I switched from Verizon to AT&T due to having a lot of issues with Verizon signal the past few months. So far I love this phone. The physical buttons are nice and the screen and camera are nice. The battery seems to be doing very well too.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I just got an active today. I switched from Verizon to AT&T due to having a lot of issues with Verizon signal the past few months. So far I love this phone. The physical buttons are nice and the screen and camera are nice. The battery seems to be doing very well too.

Thank you Tarah - I thought I was the only one. I've been with Verizon since well before cell phones were main stream (over 20 years) and have never considered switching. However, for this last year, I have experienced the same issues as you. I'm ready to jump to AT&T and tradein my Note 4. Debating Note 5 or S6 Active.

Tarah Sorber

Trusted Member
Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Thank you Tarah - I thought I was the only one. I've been with Verizon since well before cell phones were main stream (over 20 years) and have never considered switching. However, for this last year, I have experienced the same issues as you. I'm ready to jump to AT&T and tradein my Note 4. Debating Note 5 or S6 Active.

I couldn't even send a text from my living room. My signal would flop between 1 bar of 4G then 3g then 1x. And I had 3 different phones and they all did the same thing. Verizon coverage map said i was in a full 4g area. I've had zero issues with at&t so far and my bill is cheaper !!! I don't know what happened with Verizon but I had to go. I can't see spending 190 a month for 3g and 1x

♡~Live life,love life~♡

AGee

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
exactly (on the iPhone users)

i traded in my Note 4 for the s6 active and i love it... idk why some people say its ugly looking, i actually thing it looks great and feels amazing in my hands...

Rod Weinand

Aug 16, 2015
Visit site
. The Absolutely worst repair customer service EVER! I've had 4 Samsung phones, 2 tablets, 1 gear watch, TV, and a camera. My S6 active overheated while charging, Damm near burning my hand. I send to Samsung, they decided to repair the Whole phone. Can't get parts. Average hold time 31 minutes on 3 calls. Promises to call me back. 'Not.' The music loop while on hold is pitching S5s. Then they (recording)' You've reached the Presidents line leave a message ' Would a 12 year old believe that? Absolute worst experience since AT&T 15 years ago (know their great). I going to take all my Samsung products to the North Austin chip factory Smash em all and YouTube it.

Phoneguy108

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
. The Absolutely worst repair customer service EVER! I've had 4 Samsung phones, 2 tablets, 1 gear watch, TV, and a camera. My S6 active overheated while charging, Damm near burning my hand. I send to Samsung, they decided to repair the Whole phone. Can't get parts. Average hold time 31 minutes on 3 calls. Promises to call me back. 'Not.' The music loop while on hold is pitching S5s. Then they (recording)' You've reached the Presidents line leave a message ' Would a 12 year old believe that? Absolute worst experience since AT&T 15 years ago (know their great). I going to take all my Samsung products to the North Austin chip factory Smash em all and YouTube it.
That's BS. I hate dealing with customer service

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I just got an active today. I switched from Verizon to AT&T. So far I love this phone. The physical buttons are nice and the screen and camera are nice. The battery seems to be doing very well too.
Tarah, six days in - how do you like the phone? What was your last phone? I'll be switching from a Galaxy Note 4 - thought about doing the Note 5 but hearing too many issues on here. Let me know what you think please - I'm switching the week after Labor Day weekend so I have time to look around! Thank you... enjoy the weekend!

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I've had the Note 5 for a week now and thought I would post some things that I have noticed.

WiFi strength on the same networks at home and work.. Much stronger reception and download speed with the Note 5 along with cell reception being better, not that it was terrible with the Active, but the Note 5 is better.

The display.. The Note is clearer and brighter and again the Active wasn't bad in anyway.

Battery life.. Right now after applying the great tweaks for the Active, I'm getting roughly the same for the Note 5 now, so I can only say if the Active Note does get made and keeps the same size battery it's going to be one killer phone in this regard. The battery management improvement is pretty great.

No lag with the Note 5, and I didn't have any with my Active.

The camera with the full pro settings and tweaks they did on the Note 5 is much better all around on dry land...

Larger internal memory.. 64 gigs on the Note 5 vs 32 on the Active.

Fingerprint scanner..

Louder speaker...and then the Active is as well but the Note is that much Louder

S-pen.

Now the negatives.

No waterproofing No dust proofing No Activity buttons The glass back as opposed to the ruggedized case (IMHO) No IR blaster No MHL out on this

For myself I prefer holding the Active and carrying the Active. It's just a pure joy to not have to worry about it. The Note 5 naked is a slippery beast.

That being said both are really is a fantastic phones and I don't think a person can go wrong with either one. My son is just loving the Active I had and that makes me really happy with giving it to him. When my wife gets ready to upgrade I'll get her one too since she's not a tech head like myself. If they get a Active Note out, I won't hesitate on getting one, but for now I will hang on to this one for a while and just be careful with it.

There is always going to be trade offs choosing a smartphone, but in all honesty unless you need the extra storage and S-pen the Active is a awesome phone to own and doesn't cost as much.

Posted from my Galaxy Note 5

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
There are always going to be trade offs choosing a smartphone, but in all honesty unless you need the extra storage and S-pen, the Active is an awesome phone to own and doesn't cost as much.

MDM, I read your post over twice and decided to settle on using the last sentence as my guide! I have read so many good and bad things about the Note 5, I feel safer sticking with the S6 Active. Although, if I hadn't had to wait for my wife's contract to expire and been able to buy the day the Note 5 came out, I'd probably HAVE one right now. Forums can be good and bad... :)

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
MDM, I read your post over twice and decided to settle on using the last sentence as my guide! I have read so many good and bad things about the Note 5, I feel safer sticking with the S6 Active. Although, if I hadn't had to wait for my wife's contract to expire and been able to buy the day the Note 5 came out, I'd probably HAVE one right now. Forums can be good and bad... :)

You always have to do what is best for you.

Like I said I really like my Note but I really liked my Active too. My Spigen case came in today's mail, and it has eliminated the slippery aspects of the phone completely. I know it doesn't make it waterproof though .... Ha ha...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699