Galaxy S8 / S8 + Battery Life Thread

steven Hadjez

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
It might help a bit but not to the extent of doubling your screen on. Your S8+ seem to be getting SOTs of my regular S8.
Well what I heard is that the s8 and s8+ have very similar sot time (about 30 mins difference only) so you should be worried about your battery life cause if you're getting like me you're getting half of what the others get

steven Hadjez

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
22% left and just 3 hours of SOT. Crap battery. And that's with WiFi on, Bluetooth off, auto brightness off, location off, etc....

396f6665273b84457bbfa7723c47b6aa.jpg

Last edited:

steven Hadjez

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Can you show the apps consuming the battery?

For a more detail analysis I would recommend using something like 3C Toolbox. That will give you further information.

E.g. I found Samsung clipboard service was consuming quite a bit of battery so I disabled it.
Here you go. Will download 3C Toolbox now to see what it's about ..

c242b60b117a5a9a93a793509df6ebdd.jpg

waveuk

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site

m3lover1

Trusted Member
May 4, 2010
Visit site
Quite interesting. Before i had quite a bit of packages disabled via package disabler pro. Overnight standby drain was pretty good, but nothing to write home about. Usually about 4% battery discharge from when i go to sleep and wake up.

So to test i decided to re enable most of the packages back, and just leave a few disabled that i know i don't want, such as lockout, some Samsung duplicate apps. One test so far, but last night it dropped 0% overnight. Will check and see if it's the same for tonight.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Nothing has been working so far for me. No matter what I try I get only 4 hours of sot. Do you guys think a black tbeme would help ?

Well, a couple of days ago I explained to you what happened with another forum user last year with the S7 and her experience of changing her phone's firmware to match her region's bands and frequencies and how much it helped her with the battery drain she had.

If you have tried everything you can, if you had the same issue with a previous phone and still in same conditions (Foreign SIM card used on Roaming all the time) I think you should simply consider what I mentioned, learn about Odin and how to flash a new ROM, I told you 2 of them, the first one would be your regional one and if that doesn't work try the one from the SIM card's (provider) region.

Sadly, as you have experienced already, nothing else will work, if you don't try something new, then you should only learn to live with the drain or try another brand, maybe the LG G6, maybe their radios for Band and frequencies are different.

y2jdmbfan

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
My routine is simple. I use the phone the night after I charge it, and it's usually it's at about 85-90 percent when I'm done screwing around. So I set all my alarms and put the phone down till the morning. My alarms go off now stop because I never wake up the first time. So they repeat themselves a lot. I'll shut them off finally and get ready and go. Phone looses some battery from standby and the alarms.

But I don't charge overnight. It's usually at 85-95 like I said, when I put it down for the night.

Then the next day usage throughout that morning and evening I'll use a ton of YouTube and Chrome browser. That's my main OST. I'm a power user too. I use around 25-30 gigs a month of data so I'm constantly on the phone. Usually I'm getting 4 bars of 4glte. And obviously I mix some WiFi in. I make some calls here and there. Sometimes a long one but rarely. Usually it's around 30 mins to an hour the most during the day of call time if that. Sometimes only a few mins. Most of my communication is texting. I text a lot throughout the day.

I take some pictures and once and a blue moon I'll upload a couple, but I'm not on Facebook alot anymore. I'll check some stuff here and there. Very little. I use apps like tap to talk a lot and other small apps like a Guitar tuner. Amazon and ebay apps I use a lot. And I'll use store to download some icon or widget packs etc. Nothing crazy.

Sometimes I use location for maps but on the of I need to. So usually it's a short time, 15 mins or so.

I close all my apps down when I done with them and my browser. I donr leave stiff open. And I use CCleaner twice a day.

That's about it.

I get home and charge the phone of it needs it. I also try and charge if I'm at 40 percent now instead of letting it drain all the way down. Sometimes that's not possible because i go under that by the time I get home.
Forgive my asking, but what kind of job do you have that allows you to be actively using your phone with the screen on for 9 or 10 hours a day?

steven Hadjez

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Do you have significant time on screen in those apps as Instagram, Follower Chief or Neutrino+?

I have the feeling that they consume quite a lot in the background but not much time on screen or you you just check them for a few seconds very regularly.
Neutrino and followers chief run in background but I've had those apps since today only so it's not the problem. Instagram is probably half of my sot. I spend about 2 hours on it. Could it be the reason why ?

steven Hadjez

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Well, a couple of days ago I explained to you what happened with another forum user last year with the S7 and her experience of changing her phone's firmware to match her region's bands and frequencies and how much it helped her with the battery drain she had.

If you have tried everything you can, if you had the same issue with a previous phone and still in same conditions (Foreign SIM card used on Roaming all the time) I think you should simply consider what I mentioned, learn about Odin and how to flash a new ROM, I told you 2 of them, the first one would be your regional one and if that doesn't work try the one from the SIM card's (provider) region.

Sadly, as you have experienced already, nothing else will work, if you don't try something new, then you should only learn to live with the drain or try another brand, maybe the LG G6, maybe their radios for Band and frequencies are different.
Hello my friend. I actually paid attention to what you said cause it's a very interesting theory you had.
After looking into it I quickly realised that I already have the right rom. I bought the phone on Samsung France and I have a French sim card the reason why I roam with it is because I have a job in Belgium. (By the way Belgium and France share the same room). As far as my network, they don't have their own rom available for download but I don't know if it would make a big difference. The other day I used the phone all day on airolane mode and I only got 30 minutes more sot than normal. I feel like the problem comes from else where than the network.

I know Odin pretty well. I actually just rooted my s8+. Not sure how that's gonna help my battery, but I did make my phone soooooo much more useful.

Thanks a lot for thing to help anyway.

hydrofarmer

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm a heavy user and going all day strong. I always power cycle a few times a day. Just a habit. I also charge when I sleep so I start out completely full every morn.