The Samsung Galaxy S8 has a random reboot problem and nobody knows why.

y2jdmbfan

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Well i returned mine to Best Buy yesterday for a exchange and that was brutal for a hour and a half i was there till they could figure out how to do it. Finally left with a new 1 as i returned mine die to 2 lock ups and 1 time it froze and had to hold power button and volume button till it rebooted. just a hour ago while on charger it rebooted and i have not even put a SD card in it yet. I think i am going to put my 256G card in it and see what happens. But i do not plan on another 90 minute trip to Best Buy unless it does it again a few times.

Was this within 14 days?

JLD94

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
its the apps installed on sd, put them back on internal and no reboots. ****ty though... rather have all my stuff on the sd card to save space for computing...

That's my problem with this.... you reason to yourself that may 'fix' it but then it's not really a fix because someone has to use it to a way contrary to the way it was designed or the way you use it.

It's like saying 'the a/c in my house feels like it's coming out when I shut all the vents but one'

dego locsta

May 9, 2017
Visit site
That's my problem with this.... you reason to yourself that may 'fix' it but then it's not really a fix because someone has to use it to a way contrary to the way it was designed or the way you use it.

It's like saying 'the a/c in my house feels like it's coming out when I shut all the vents but one'

I agree, although I have submitted and took all my apps off the sd card because I felt like between that and the sd card card mounting and unmounting, it was eating away at my battery, they really need to find a fix for this A.S.A.P.

So far so good since I took my apps off the sd card earlier today.

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site

Have you been to my house?

boricuacaddy

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Well, I was not having a restart problem until yesterday when I moved apps to the SD card. So, far it restarted twice. If it continues, I will move the apps back. But to me this defeats the purpose on having an SD card. Hopefully Samsung sends out an update that will fix this bug.

JLD94

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
Well, I was not having a restart problem until yesterday when I moved apps to the SD card. So, far it restarted twice. If it continues, I will move the apps back. But to me this defeats the purpose on having an SD card. Hopefully Samsung sends out an update that will fix this bug.

It's been 4 weeks so far with no update to fix this.....who knows when or if it will get fixed.

JLD94

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
Everyone having this problem should report it directly to Samsung so they know how widespread and urgent it is. Samsung monitors and participates in the following forum:

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S8-Questions-and-Answers/bd-p/GS8QA

One moderator on there says he's trying to get it to the 'right' person..... made it sound like he's not taken seriously. When more protested about it another moderator said 'samsung is aware and working on it' so I'm not sure at this point what's going on...but it doesn't seem like it's being handled well.

NJ Fred

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Samsung should hang its head in shame. First, the Note 7 debacle. Now, this.

As I wrote in a different thread, consumer confidence should be shaken. All indicators point to inadequate quality control and pre-release testing. It started with the red-tint issue and now the rebooting.

This is Samsung's bag of bones. And they should be reaching out to the consumer with either a guaranteed fix or offer of full refund no matter where the S8 was purchased. Their silence on this matter should prove troubling to intelligent consumers. And it should prove an indelible stain on the Samsung brand name.

Qc_Anubis

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
Well last time it was Lg who had a bootloop issue guess they passed down that problem to samsung XD
No issues on mine either not using any sd cards

Wahoolewi

May 18, 2017
Visit site
I have had the Galaxy 8 + 4 < one week and I did not do a re store from my previous note 5I started from scratch and the phone reboots to the white screen about every 2 hours I do not have an SD card I have all of the face recognition in all a special features turned off and it still does this about once every 2 to 3 hours . I did the master reset updated all of the system software and it still did the same thing. Space I think I have tracted to the Nova launcher I'm just using the basic easy launcher and has been online for 4 hours and have not had the reboot a problem

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I think I have tracted to the Nova launcher I'm just using the basic easy launcher and has been online for 4 hours and have not had the reboot a problem
Plenty of us have had random restarts on the S8 without even installing the Nova launcher.

It's a good idea not to post the last thing you tried until much more than a few hours pass without incident. After a few days without incident, you might have good reason to suspect you've got a solution.

CincyGuy

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
S8, no SD card. My phone has rebooted 3-4 times over the past week when I plug into my car's USB and hit the Android Auto icon on my car screen. Nothing happens on the car screen, and when I look down at the phone I see the Samsung logo appearing because it is rebooting. I have to unplug the phone from the USB cable and type in my pin to unlock it, then plug it back into the car for AA to load up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thewhitecarno