Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1. Multiple issues

Angelo Di Braccio

Aug 27, 2020
Visit site
This tablet went dead a few years ago.

KitKat 4.4, Good physical condition.

This past week I installed a new third party battery and the Tablet started up.

Now it has multiple issues.

• It restarts spontaneously every 10 to 60 minutes.

• YouTube crashes. I installed updates. No luck.

• Google Movies and TV Crashes

• Odd battery-charging behavior. It was taking a long time to charge the new battery from 50%. Then suddenly the battery from 70% to 100% in a matter of seconds.

• No Sound from speakers or from headphone jack.

I tried a complete factory reset/delete all data.

I tried reseating the battery connection.

Before I give up on this, I thought I'd post this to see if there is anything I should try.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Part of the problem is likely how outdated it is. Lots of major apps (including Google's own apps) stopped supporting KitKat a while ago.

Other hardware issues may be due to something that was disrupted during the battery replacement process, or simple aging of the hardware.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You could always look into rooting it and installing a custom ROM based on a more recent firmware -- check the forums at XDA-Developers.com for that kind of information.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Did you properly ground yourself before replacing the battery? Sounds like it may be the victim of ESD(electrostatic discharge). A static discharge too weak for a human to even notice is strong enough to damage a circuit board.

It's also possible it's a bad battery and/or a result of dated hardware/software. No one is manufacturing those old batteries anymore, the one you bought even though it's new could of been sitting on a shelf in a warehouse for 5 years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa