Some Trade-in issues...

kbboykin

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Update: Just got off the phone with Samsung and they had agreed to accept the trade-in and I will not be charged back for the trade-in. It is ridiculous that I should have had to do this in the first place. I don't think I'll be doing any more pre-orders. I get bombarded daily with emails to buy the Flip phone, NOT!!

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
This is a recurring issue with Sammy. Obviously trying to reject as many trade-ins as they can. As mentioned above, Swappa is an excellent option to get the most value for your old device, but if Sammy is offering trade-in values that are too good to refuse, be prepared in case yours gets rejected. Document everything with photos and be ready to spend time on the phone if they reject yours.

jlangner

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
Fedex lost mine...at least they scanned in when I dropped but no scans after. Samsung chat cleared for me and sent email, since not my issue and was Fedex, so all good.

jlangner

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
This is a recurring issue with Sammy. Obviously trying to reject as many trade-ins as they can. As mentioned above, Swappa is an excellent option to get the most value for your old device, but if Sammy is offering trade-in values that are too good to refuse, be prepared in case yours gets rejected. Document everything with photos and be ready to spend time on the phone if they reject yours.

Yeah, never, ever put in drop box. If mine had been in a drop box I would have been screwed. As you said as well, take pics. Even Samsung said somewhere to take pics of trade in.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Samsung are definitely incompetent, but it also sounds like some people are selecting "connect to new phone" instead of factory reset...

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
OMG I just got in an email saying I sent in the wrong device and they sent me pictures of what they received and it's not my watch I am so mad. Do I call or do a chat? I am livid! I have pictures and everything and it shows resetting and it shows both watches next to each other with the names on the screen. This is crazy!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
OMG I just got in an email saying I sent in the wrong device and they sent me pictures of what they received and it's not my watch I am so mad. Do I call or do a chat? I am livid! I have pictures and everything and it shows resetting and it shows both watches next to each other with the names on the screen. This is crazy!
Good thing you took pictures , hopefully gets resolved soon .

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Good thing you took pictures , hopefully gets resolved soon .

I just logged in to my husbands Gmail account he's asleep his went through for $185. I am on the phone now holding for a supervisor and am not being real nice. I know people here said do a chat maybe that would of been better. I can't believe they are doing this to people.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I just logged in to my husbands Gmail account he's asleep his went through for $185. I am on the phone now holding for a supervisor and am not being real nice. I know people here said do a chat maybe that would of been better. I can't believe they are doing this to people.
Hopefully its just a mix up on their end

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Let us know the outcome

Chat and phone person said I will not get charged but didn't ask for my pictures to be sent in or anything cause they know they were wrong. I took a screen shot of my chat and the phone lady said she is emailing me with a ticket number. And it will take 24 to 72 hours I need to check my credit card statement.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Chat and phone person said I will not get charged but didn't ask for my pictures to be sent in or anything cause they know they were wrong. I took a screen shot of my chat and the phone lady said she is emailing me with a ticket number. And it will take 24 to 72 hours I need to check my credit card statement.
Ok good just document everything

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Ok good just document everything

I did I screen shot of my chat and just got this email We are happy to inform you that there will not be any chargeback related to your trade-in order #so and so . No further action is needed at this point.

Thank you for participating in the Samsung Trade-in program. I mean how crazy is it and to not say well send me your pictures it's like they know they are screwing people.

And you know one picture they sent back you could tell it said Samsung Galaxy Watch on the back now the one I took of the back wasn't that clear so I don't know if mine actually said A2 on it or not. But the one they sent me of the front of the watch was horrible and nothing like what I took a picture of and did look different.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I did I screen shot of my chat and just got this email We are happy to inform you that there will not be any chargeback related to your trade-in order #so and so . No further action is needed at this point.

Thank you for participating in the Samsung Trade-in program. I mean how crazy is it and to not say well send me your pictures it's like they know they are screwing people.
Good you got the email , so you should be good now .

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomarsha95