Notifications order on lock screen

Andy Reyes2

Jun 8, 2016
Visit site
I have an ICE that puts a notification on the lock screen. It contains all my emergency information. Some times other notifications are above it so it is not visible unless you scroll. Is there a way to prioritize it so it is always first notification on the list so that it is clearly visible to emergency personel?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? Most phones give you the option to add a line of text to the lockscreen, which I use to put my name and business number (so if anyone finds my phone and is kind enough to try to return it, they can go through my clinic's operator).

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

Last edited:

Andy Reyes2

Jun 8, 2016
Visit site
mustang, Thanks for the tip. unfortunately it does not help me. The notifications are one item. I need to force the order of the notifications so that ICE is always the top one. I suppose that this is not really a lock screen issue, but a notifications issue since what is shown on the lick screen is the notifications on the notifications screen that meet the lock screen criteria, and that is not granular enough. I am changing the lock screen notifications to show setting from alerts and silent to alerts only to see if that helps.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I think it used to be possible to modify the priority of notifications so that high priority ones are kept at the top of the list, but I don't see that option any more. While we wait for anyone else to suggest any other alternatives, I suggest sending feedback to Google and Samsung about this.

I'm glad you were able to get your login issue fixed. I made you the owner of the original guest post to make it easier for you to find.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
mustang, Thanks for the tip. unfortunately it does not help me. The notifications are one item. I need to force the order of the notifications so that ICE is always the top one. I suppose that this is not really a lock screen issue, but a notifications issue since what is shown on the lick screen is the notifications on the notifications screen that meet the lock screen criteria, and that is not granular enough. I am changing the lock screen notifications to show setting from alerts and silent to alerts only to see if that helps.
Notification order can't change but you can leave ice information under contact information if that helps Screenshot_20230123_230005_Wallpaper%20and%20style.jpg