[Official] July 25th Update - Links first post, and/or page 72

MeltMan274

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Rumor] July 11th Update

I purchased my Nexus S 4G last week while best buy still had them for $49. It came on GRJ22 with 60670 Rev. 0 for PRL. Not sure if that helps any on the PRL front.

jrdatrackstar1223

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site

my PRL has been updated to 60680...hmm....

this was after a hard reset I did this morning because I am having a problem with text messages where i will send a text, that person will get it and respond, and then I wouldn't get their response. This is happening on cross-networks, so I wonder if it is a Sprint thing. It happened with my gf who is on Straight Talk and my friend who is on AT&T with his iPhone, so it has to be Sprint.

Anyway, after the hard reset and updating my profile and PRL and restarting, mine reads 60680....hopefully a sign of something good coming soon lol....doubt it though..

On that same note, I am looking forward to the update, but am also not at the same time. In the past (at least for all my other devices) bugfix updates often left me disappointed, as the problems would often re-occur again. Maybe because this is clean Android this will be different, but I'm not expecting anything to change. I would rather have low hopes and be pleasantly surprised than to have high hopes and be let down....

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site

updated to 60679 here.

i had thought the update was supposed to be 01119. this means i'm officially confused about who gets what PRL and how they are numbered.

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site

I just bumped mine from 60679 to 60680.

They're just PRL's. I'm surprised people still care about them.

Kloneicle

May 2, 2011
Visit site

First Attempt; no new PRL.
Second Attempt (Hard Reboot); new PRL 60680.

Perhaps making way for the new software?

grayin

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site

Preferred roaming list. Tells the phone what towers to talk to. Lots of different agreements out there.

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site

Preferred roaming list. Tells the phone what towers to talk to. Lots of different agreements out there.
Exactly.

a roaming list.

every time an update is on the way, or phones are buggy, people start going nuts with the PRL theories. if this update wasn't on the horizon, nobody would care that their PRL went form 79 to 80 overnight.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site

Still no word about this update. I wish that someone would say something about when this is going to drop. You would think that they would want to put their customers at ease by telling them that an update is on the way.

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site

I'm not so worried now that I know there IS an update to send. After two months I've come to the realization that the 3G signal issues are primarily due to a weaker signal at my home. At work and on the road it appears to be full or near-full. I have an Airave coming to my house to resolve this, so hopefully by this weekend it will be a moot point.

Wifi and 4G are the main concerns for me now. Wifi cuts out a lot and 4G is virtually nonexistent even though my CLEAR modem gets terrific signal at my home.

I've put up with this stuff for two months...another few days or a week or two won't kill me.

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site

Still no word about this update. I wish that someone would say something about when this is going to drop. You would think that they would want to put their customers at ease by telling them that an update is on the way.
Ha, yeah, cause that will keep customers from losing their minds.

I get where you're coming from, but just look at the uproar a missed RUMORED date caused. Imagine the ticked off posts that would come if they announced a release date and then had to push it back for whatever reason.

j_grouchy is a refreshing breath of calm, rational thought.

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site

hmmmmmmmmmmmm?
Everything that I use from google.com to + to Voice has been timing out, logging me out, etc constantly since Monday.

Speaking hypothetically....maybe they're pushing a round of updates and its affecting their servers:cool::D:cool:
Between this and the new PRL all signs are pointing to an update release within the hour.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non