[Official] July 25th Update - Links first post, and/or page 72

dyllonsdabaum

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Re: [Official] July 25th Update - Links first post, and/or page 7

Honestly, loading it yourself is just a few clicks. It's real easy.
is it the exact same update? i mean alot of ppl are having saying this update is worthless. i can't help but to think if were not getting the ota yet its just not meant to be

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site

is it the exact same update? i mean alot of ppl are having saying this update is worthless. i can't help but to think if were not getting the ota yet its just not meant to be

It is the very same update you'd get OTA. Someone was able to pull the update off their phone that downloaded it OTA before it was applied and that is how it could be verified.

dyllonsdabaum

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site

It is the very same update you'd get OTA. Someone was able to pull the update off their phone that downloaded it OTA before it was applied and that is how it could be verified.
yeah but why did they get it before me? there must be a reason only 5% get the update first right?

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site

yeah but why did they get it before me? there must be a reason only 5% get the update first right?

It is the way Google has always done updates for the Nexus phones. This isn't something specific to the NS4G. My guess is so they can roll it out initially to a smaller set of phones, make sure the update process goes well before sending it out to all.

dyllonsdabaum

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site

well i manually updated and it seems like the same exact phone with none of the promised features except i did lose my tether feature.

Palm Pre

May 6, 2011
Visit site

Rumour has it that the update was initially delayed to go back and break the free tether. Also the update did not successfully address the wifi issues and it will most likely not be able to be fixed through software. There are some who want to continue working these fixes but will have to on their own time. Sorry to those that hoped for more.

v8mustang

May 4, 2011
Visit site

I don't think I'm happy with the update.

I'm in Washington, DC in NE area very close to Capitol Hill. I have 4G on and I'm using 3G right now.

I'm starting to wish I stayed with Evo. Or should I try to exchange my phone??? Because I'm definitely getting no improvements on 4G. On Evo, I was able to get at least several bars while on 4G on Evo.

jrdatrackstar1223

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site

the only thing I wanted was a louder speaker and they didn't even fix that......:mad:

the only thing they did for this update is kill free tethering (although I never used it), although, my wi-fi connection is better here at work.

Starting to really eye windows phone 7 because I'm loosing faith in Google. If Ice Cream Sandwich doesn't bring some decent changes (hardware acceleration and better UI changes for example) then I'm done with Android. If I can't get what I want from a PURE GOOGLE PHONE then maybe Android isn't for me (which sucks because I love Android). My guess is that they have kind of already started to forget about the Nexus S (despite the fact it's a Nexus Phone) and focused all development towards the new Nexus. That's not to say we won't get updates first, but they probably won't be worth anything (other than full version updates like Ice Cream Sandwich)

arrogant437

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site

the only thing I wanted was a louder speaker and they didn't even fix that......:mad:

the only thing they did for this update is kill free tethering (although I never used it), although, my wi-fi connection is better here at work.

Starting to really eye windows phone 7 because I'm loosing faith in Google. If Ice Cream Sandwich doesn't bring some decent changes (hardware acceleration and better UI changes for example) then I'm done with Android. If I can't get what I want from a PURE GOOGLE PHONE then maybe Android isn't for me (which sucks because I love Android). My guess is that they have kind of already started to forget about the Nexus S (despite the fact it's a Nexus Phone) and focused all development towards the new Nexus. That's not to say we won't get updates first, but they probably won't be worth anything (other than full version updates like Ice Cream Sandwich)
My tethering still works fine

alpinejag

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

I'm still getting the same spotty 4G coverage, don't really notice any increase in speed on wifi either.

jtfishbein

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I'm not impressed with the update at all. In my house right near my femtocell I am still dropping calls, the speeds are still mediocre, and the wi fi is not any better for me. I love this phone, but I'm sick of it dropping my business calls. Hopefully, the new phone I ordered will be better. I'm hoping the new phone will hold me over to ICS. Hope some of you are getting better results than I am.

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site

the update seem to have improved my phone's cell strength (more bars), stronger wifi strength and stronger 4G connection. It's better, but not fantastic.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm not impressed with the update at all. In my house right near my femtocell I am still dropping calls, the speeds are still mediocre, and the wi fi is not any better for me. I love this phone, but I'm sick of it dropping my business calls. Hopefully, the new phone I ordered will be better. I'm hoping the new phone will hold me over to ICS. Hope some of you are getting better results than I am.

I think after this update people may want to get their phones checked. Especially when dropping calls in front of an airave. As I have one; and, before I had NO signal in my house. I do not experience these issues.

redbullsc10

May 29, 2011
Visit site

it did not help my reception at all i was getting 3 to 4 bars on my evo and with the nexus I'm getting one bar maybe 2 if I'm super lucky. This is the same way after the update. Might be ditching this phone.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
it did not help my reception at all i was getting 3 to 4 bars on my evo and with the nexus I'm getting one bar maybe 2 if I'm super lucky. This is the same way after the update. Might be ditching this phone.

Why are people so worried about bars? I don't care if I have 1 or 4 if the call is fine and doesn't drop

redtooth

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Ya I'm thinking I may ditch this phone too. I think Google went cheep on the radios and there's not much they can do about it now. I know several people with this phone and we all have the same slow data and poor signals. This update didn't do anything for us other than take away the free tether. We are 2.5 months in and after this update it ain't looking good for the nexus s

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

redbullsc10

May 29, 2011
Visit site

Why are people so worried about bars? I don't care if I have 1 or 4 if the call is fine and doesn't drop
ill clarify yes i have been dropping calls and having problems with call quality and problems sending text messages.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress