S4 4.3 Update Charging Bug

bltserv

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Looks like this is hitting Verizon and Sprint with the roll out this week. I am Sprint
After the update your charging cable stops working on the fly. Reboot while connected. No problem. Charging with phone off. No problem. Works fine with phone off on the fly.
Pain in the azz to reboot to charge phone in the car.
Looks like OS knows it's connected. You hear the disconnect beep the first time you try on the fly.
Did a soft reset. No bueno. Lots of posts in Verizon boards. Hard reset no help reported. I figure some clever app will fix this.

ToddK

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Charging fine after update here... - battery life has taken a hit now, though - now losing 10% (or more) an hour - was 4-6 % -

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

bltserv

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
3 different 3rd party. One is a heavy gage Sprint branded AC/car/USB cable I spent like $50 for when I got my Evo4G.

If the OS didn't like the cable why would it work at boot ? Why would the notification beep still work ? Why would it work perfect with the OS not loaded. I say BUG. I want to hear from Samsung on this. NO WAY would you do this without a prompt coming up about a non OEM charger being used. Kids this is low voltage. Low flow. These phones and battery systems are smart. Not dumb.