Just got the update.

cpip2009

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Just installed the update and set up all the particulars (email, etc.), but so far I haven't noticed much beyond subtle UI changes.

I guess I'll need to do a little more with it, but suffice it to say, it looks and feels just like Froyo.

If we get better battery life from the "better power management", this alone will make it all worthwhile for me.

Last edited:

Smokeaire

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
W
As mentioned earlier you can download the official update from the HTC web site, to your PC/Laptop and use your USB cable and HTC SYNC to load the RUU on your phone, this is how I did it with no issues.

Did that delete the data as has been reported?

digirati99

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
I have not received it yet and when I go to settings and wireless update it checks then says my phone is up to date?? Any idea when everyone will have it? I am on Long Island, NY. :'(

keith2k1

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Got the update yesterday...so far no issues but the real test will be battery as I will run my phone on Wi-Fi and Bluetooth (like I always do) to see how long I can go. I normally go 4 hours before I have to plug in.

jlgroves1

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
No update yet in mid-Missouri.

I live in columbia mo and I got the update as soon as the story was posted on this site. I only had to go to wifi updates and it was there. However, my wife has an inspire as well and she hasn't gotten it yet either. She bought hers in southern missouri though so maybe that had something to do with it.

jlgroves1

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know of any ICS update news. I love the small changes made with GB but I was just wondering if there were any rumors about how ICS was goind to be pushed out. I figure it'll debut on the nexus line as always and then to other new releases. Just wondering if they will push it back to devices releases in early 2011.

Smokeaire

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
I live in columbia mo and I got the update as soon as the story was posted on this site. I only had to go to wifi updates and it was there. However, my wife has an inspire as well and she hasn't gotten it yet either. She bought hers in southern missouri though so maybe that had something to do with it.

I live in Columbia, and bought my Inspire here. Maybe the update is being rolled out by IMEI # (just a guess).
I'm now checking HTC update more frequently than Google+,Gmail, and Facebook combined. LOL
I did download it to my PC but I really don't feel like going through the whole setup again.

NavyVet420

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
OK.. So network is showing as UMTS.. Not HSDPA.. Anyone else have this problem? This is a downgrade in the network..

Any help would be appreciated.

Smokeaire

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
I live in Columbia, and bought my Inspire here. Maybe the update is being rolled out by IMEI # (just a guess).
I'm now checking HTC update more frequently than Google+,Gmail, and Facebook combined. LOL
I did download it to my PC but I really don't feel like going through the whole setup again.

Finally!!!!! One minute it wasn't there the next it is.

gregski

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Checked a couple times this morning with no luck. Just check again and the update is there! Woo hoo! Downloading now.

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Just got the update a couple hours ago here. Upstate NY.

Small question though, OTA update was about 150MB but the downloaded version if I wanted to update my HTC Inspire from my PC is over 250MB. Any reason for the large file size difference?

frmorrison

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Small question though, OTA update was about 150MB but the downloaded version if I wanted to update my HTC Inspire from my PC is over 250MB. Any reason for the large file size difference?

The OTA is just the updated files, but the HTC download is everything (the old and new apps).

On a different note, I just got my OTA update in Florida. I need to get another license for Swype 3 Beta and turn on Unknown Apps, everything else made it through the update.