Can I JUMP with a repaired phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(10391384)

Jan 9, 2018
Visit site
Hello all, I have a Galaxy S7 with the T Mobile One plan with JUMP. I cracked the back glass and had the back replaced at a local independent repair store. The repair looks okay at quick glace but doesn't look OEM quality and I'm fairly certain the back isn't an OEM piece.

Will I be able to turn this phone in and jump to the S9 in 2 months upon release, or will they come back to me and say it isn't OEM and need to pay?

I will only owe ~$100 on the S7 when the S9 comes out so I'd be out less $ than the insurance deductible but just want to see if anyone has had success turning in a repaired phone. Did they come back to you weeks later after they send it to get refurbed? (Assuming that's where it goes)

Thanks

anon(10391384)

Jan 9, 2018
Visit site
I think it would be foolish to voluntarily tell T Mobile that I have a non-OEM back on my phone. Foolish on my part to take it to a non-OEM repair place, yes. But I'm sure they would take a note on my account if I were to call, hence why I came here.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
It would be dishonest to not be up-front about the condition of the phone. If you're asking us to help you lie, that's a non-starter. I thought you were trying to get a legitimate answer to a legitimate issue, otherwise I would not have replied.

Status
Not open for further replies.