Are you going to switch to the S7 Edge from the 6P?

Soundtallica

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
Hell no. Played with one at Best Buy, and ridiculously fast autofocus for the camera aside (and probably battery life too) it felt like the exact same phone as the S6. Touchwiz still sucks. It's not an unlocked phone, and the whole Knox security thing has ensured that I'll never buy a Samsung again.

Posted via my up-to-date Nexus 6P

matt3166

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm really tempted. Not by the S7 edge but the normal S7. I love my 6p but I do prefer smaller phones and the S7 is just the right size.

Posted via the Android Central App

Saturn1217

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
The only thing about the S7 edge that tempts me is the high quality SAMOLED screen. True whites and higher brightness outdoors would be nice but nothing else makes me want the S7E over the 6p. Which is good because I think upgrading after 5 months is crazy. I want to get 2 years out of this phone.

I think Samsung did a great job with these latest phones btw. Of course there is always touchwiz but they look fantastic. Just not for me.

FaTROBoT97

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I pre-ordered.

The promotions were just too good to pass up. Free S2 Watch and a S7 Edge with $100 Trade-In credit for an old smartphone that I had in a drawer. I was able to sell my Nexus for a $10 less than I bought it through Swappa which basically made the phone about $200 over the course of 24 months with device payments. If I don't like the S2 watch, i'll dump it for what I have in it and basically get the rest of the phone paid off.

I liked the 6P. It was a really neat phone but I had an S6 to start and the camera just wasn't doing it for me. I thought I would appreciate the software aspect more but I didn't. Plus with the memory card back I can put my 128GB card back in action that I bought a while ago.

I'll miss not having the latest updates but by this time in Fall/Winter when the Note 6 comes out I'll be able to sell this current one for more than the Nexus 6P was worth or take advantage of any trade in programs my carrier might have to spurt Renewals.

That is me though.

DC Wuff

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
Nope, not a chance. The Moto X Pure Edition is about as far from a Nexus as I'll go, and I just switched from that to the 6p for more timely security updates and Project Fi compatibility.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I won't be. I am enjoying my 6P a lot. The only Samsung phone I would be interested in is the Note 6 since I actually used the S-Pen often when I had the Note series.

hylex

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
Nope. The 6p was bought as an afterthought, since my nexus 6 had no support for the LTE in my area. It blew me away completely.

The 6p is just that good, that my 6s+ sits in my pocket all day long and is barely used. (yes i carry both)

S7 is an amazing phone, but it's eh samsung. Considering what they did to the my note 4 (still on 5.01) and how janky it was, i am not touching samsung with a bargepole.

LocationDudeNYC

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm at a loss why anyone would rather have a phone with a:
Smaller screen
8 gigs of bloatware
Carrier logo branding
And a physical button

I saw one today. Well built, but no thanks.

pounder001

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Good bye, my Nexus 6P friends, I could no longer tolerate the constant LTE signal issue any longer. I use my phone for business as well as personal and the signal issue just didn't work for me and for those with the same issue I hope that Google finds a fix sooner than later.
I am back to the land of bloatware and waiting forever to get updates ;)

LocationDudeNYC

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Good bye, my Nexus 6P friends, I could no longer tolerate the constant LTE signal issue any longer. I use my phone for business as well as personal and the signal issue just didn't work for me and for those with the same issue I hope that Google finds a fix sooner than later.
I am back to the land of bloatware and waiting forever to get updates ;)

What is your LTE issue? I'm in Version in NYC and I never have an issue. I've travelled from Myrtle Beach, SC to Woodstock, NY with no problems (except in the woods of Woodstock where nothing works).

pounder001

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
What is your LTE issue? I'm in Version in NYC and I never have an issue. I've travelled from Myrtle Beach, SC to Woodstock, NY with no problems (except in the woods of Woodstock where nothing works).

LTE signal issue is well documented here in the 6P forum as well as in every other Android Forums across the web and on the Google help page. It effects numerous carriers around the world and happened with the 6.0.1 update

GreatCanadian

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I can easily understand why someone would want a smaller screen. Often by smaller screen they mean smaller phone, and it makes perfect sense that this "phablet" we own isn't for everyone. A smaller phone/screen is much more conducive to one-handed use, and fits better in a pants pocket. For me personally, if I could have found the 6P specs in an approximate 5.2 inch screen, that's what I would have purchased. That being said, after 2 months I'm becoming accustomed to the size,

GC

I'm at a loss why anyone would rather have a phone with a:
Smaller screen
8 gigs of bloatware
Carrier logo branding
And a physical button

I saw one today. Well built, but no thanks.

rong21

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I can easily understand why someone would want a smaller screen. Often by smaller screen they mean smaller phone, and it makes perfect sense that this "phablet" we own isn't for everyone. A smaller phone/screen is much more conducive to one-handed use, and fits better in a pants pocket. For me personally, if I could have found the 6P specs in an approximate 5.2 inch screen, that's what I would have purchased. That being said, after 2 months I'm becoming accustomed to the size,

GC

This is why I'm considering the switch. The screen is only .2 smaller but the phone footprint isn't much larger than my S6 Active. Love the 6P but after a month I can't seem to get used to the size.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm considering going the opposite direction actually. I like the size of the s7, but I get lag in weird places it shouldn't given the power. I had a 6p before it with a defective screen, and didn't want to go through the same replacement gauntlet I did with the OG Nexus 5 due to defective screens. Part of my brain says not to because of SD 820 vs 810, but I'm not a super heavy user that would notice.

Only thing holding me back is the battery life in the edge. 5 hours screen on time is nothing to sneeze at.

anon(470989)

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I am going with the non-edge S7. I can not wait to go back to the smaller size. I never did get used to the size of this phone, even though it is "epic" in all ways. Being a guy always on the move means longing for a more compact phone.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I am going with the non-edge S7. I can not wait to go back to the smaller size. I never did get used to the size of this phone, even though it is "epic" in all ways. Being a guy always on the move means longing for a more compact phone.

That's one thing I like about the Edge. Big screen in a small package. But I'm so so on the software, which is why I'm considering going 6p.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Never, even with the new Touchwiz I still can't stand it. I will stick to Nexus or Motorola.

I do love the size of my 6P because I use my phone for Internet and texting more often than anything. However, it is pretty big in my pocket but it's not something I can't handle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bongo