AT&T Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaleem

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Re: AT&T Note 7 Recall Thread

I traded in my note 4 to get the 7. Be strong with that 4. I actually would have been ok with my 4. I think I had that one less time than when I got the 5. I have a phone buying problem.

I traded my Note 4 in as well. But hey! I still have my Note 3 ...LOL!

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Re: AT&T Note 7 Recall Thread

I traded in my note 4 to get the 7. Be strong with that 4. I actually would have been ok with my 4. I think I had that one less time than when I got the 5. I have a phone buying problem.

Oh yeah. This 4 is still a force to be reckoned with! I took it out, charged it up, and it was ready. I'll never let it go. The 5 put stars in my eyes because of the new body and clicky pen. And now this 7 is just over the top gorgeous in onyx black. But the 4...gotta put some respeck on its name. (even w/o the clicky pen)

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Although I did die a little on the inside when I boxed up my note 7 I really wanted to make y'all laugh. The really fun part will be trying to return this phone to the store. Hopefully I won't have to start windmilling att workers.i shall report back later today. Lol

Denisej

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I bought my N7 through Sam's. I really wanted to return it through the local AT&T store (I didn't have a ton of confidence in the wireless department at Sam's). I got the text last night so I decided I would return the phone and re activate my iPhone 6+ (I had not sold it yet) and then wait for the new N7 batches to arrive and decide if I wanted to give it another shot. The woman working there told me I had 2 choices...1) keep the N7 until the new ones arrived 2) get another new phone (not a loaner). So obviously most of us, just by reading this forum knew more about this than her (which is what I expected going in). I explained to her that I really liked my N7 and would not be returning it if not for the recall. I told her I didn't want to keep it until the new phones came in (I know the chances of something happening are small but my kids play on my phone & I wasn't going to take that chance even though my phone had given me NO problems) and I didn't want a S7 or an S7E. I explained those options were no good, neither of them solved anything (also, I never raised my voice or used bad language....I actually told them I felt bad for them because I knew this was a pain). So...she said I could go to the AT&T store and see what they would do. Then she asked me to call her back and tell her what they said so she would know. Luckily she wasn't busy and decided to call someone and then said she could accept the N7, activate my old iPhone. I'm feeling pretty good at this point....I got a $150 Sams gift card when I bought the phone, which has long been spent. Sure enough, after a while of working on my return she says she needs the $150 gift card to complete the return. I calmly explain that I don't have it and I'm not going to pay the money back. They had a promo, I took advantage, liked my phone, planed on keeping the phone, then the manufacture & provider told me to return the phone. Of course the store manager was called, along with a department manager...I went through the same thing with them. They said they needed the $150 to complete the return...I explained how that didn't make sense...to them it did but to put themselves in my shoes. They made a call to a regional manager...no problem! I did not have to return the gift card or the $150 in cash. There was another customer there who was going through the same deal. I explained we didn't have to return the card. She was going to get and keep the S7E. They had a promo on the galaxy 7 line - you get $150 gift card when you get one on the next plan (just like the N7 promo they had) she asked if she got the $150 on the S7E and they told her yes! Good for her I say.
Now this whole process took 3 1/2 hours today...quite a pain but they worked with me. A lot of the time they were on the phone with the carrier AT&T trying to do everything in the system done correctly.

Good luck to everyone!

Thanks for posting. I purchased from Sam's Club also. I tried to return mine yesterday at Sam's Club and was told the same thing but decided to keep the phone instead of pushing the sales clerk to accept the return.

duke1231

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
There was a little confusion at first when I went into my ATT store. The manager said "nope, we still do the transaction as regular business,so if your phone is damaged, you would have to pay per your insurance plan." But another ATT who just read the updated Samsung plan, "um...no, have you read the latest statement? He turns the phone in, no questions asked,and gets a loaner." Then from there, it was smooth. All the employees there are cool,so that helps. They even hooked me up with a case for my loaner S7 edge, 38$ to 15$.

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Biggest issues I have seen now with the return/exchange process is a lot of the stores are very low and are out of the S7 line up and they are having to order the phones. Thankfully I have my Gear S2 to use in case I need it and have my company phone to use in the meantime.

I will suggest being very patience with the store. It took me about 3-4 hours total between visiting two different stores and on the phone with At&t corporate rep. A few more days and I'm sure they will have a stronger plan and more employees will have learned the process.

oditius

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
I came home this morning ,factory reset and boxed up my 7 to take back tomorrow. It makes me sad because I really like this phone. Now I'm sporting this stupid note 5 again (oh the horror of having to use a barely year old phone lol). It's for the best I guess. Until we meet again Mr 7. *cue the dramatic music *Lol

Oh the horror of having to use a... Note 4. Plastic back and all. My pen isn't even clicky! I have to pull on it with my fingernail. Ugh... 😩😊😢😃 #mixedemotions

:mad: Oh stop whining, LoL I have the J3 or Nokia 640 as backup phones... :( But I don't have a backup house, so I will turn it in and wait.......

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
:mad: Oh stop whining, LoL I have the J3 or Nokia 640 as backup phones... :( But I don't have a backup house, so I will turn it in and wait.......

What are those? !?!? 😯

I feel ya on that no backup house! I was initially in the "I have no problems so I'm keeping it" camp. Mine is going back today. It hurts, but not as bad as half my face missing.

Posted via the Android Central App

oditius

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
What are those? !?!? ??????

I feel ya on that no backup house! I was initially in the "I have no problems so I'm keeping it" camp. Mine is going back today. It hurts, but not as bad as half my face missing.

Posted via the Android Central App

I guess I should have put Samsung J3 and the other is the cheapest ($20) Windows phone. LoL But have a appointment at High Noon to turn in the Note 7.. :(

Thehomez

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I love my note 7 and don't want to get a loaner in the interim. I wish they would do an update on the timing of the new version.

Also does anybody know if ATT has a set date for exchange like Verizon does (9/30)? If not I'll just wait to exchange until they have the new versions in stock

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
I love my note 7 and don't want to get a loaner in the interim. I wish they would do an update on the timing of the new version.

Also does anybody know if ATT has a set date for exchange like Verizon does (9/30)? If not I'll just wait to exchange until they have the new versions in stock
I want to know as well...im sticking with my grenade also until the new ones come in

oditius

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
One AT&T rep said that in about a week and they will know more, the other said that they will replace them when they start getting them. Being the ones who turned the phone in will be notified and have first dibs. If you wait till they start getting them, then it's first come, first get (After those that turned them in)

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
I havent heard of a cut off date as of yet from my rep but as of yesterday he just started gettimg info on how things would proceed.

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Honestly i think they have a obligation to let every note7 customer they have on record know that the new shipment has arrived and not just the ones that decided to get a loaner...Tmobile is letting people sign up to be notified i think they should of taken a page from their book

Rob.G

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
So far my phone isn't getting hot or anything and appears to be charging well. However, just in the past couple of days, two odd things have happened. First, it will lose charge a LOT faster all of a sudden... example, yesterday afternoon around 3 pm it was around 85% full. By dinnertime it had lost 40% of its charge and I hadn't even used it. Overnight, it lost 35% of its charge, when in the past, it was losing 3-5% total overnight. The "Device Maintenance" area didn't show anything unusual.

The second thing is that lag is becoming a bigger problem. Rather than occasionally happening, it's almost constant now. I'll tap on an app to open it and it'll be a couple of seconds before anything happens.

Makes me wonder if the battery is having issues providing enough current for the CPU to keep up... just a guess though.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Honestly i think they have a obligation to let every note7 customer they have on record know that the new shipment has arrived and not just the ones that decided to get a loaner...Tmobile is letting people sign up to be notified i think they should of taken a page from their book
As of now theres nobody saying that isnt the case. The guy I deal with said he didnt know if the notifications were for those who returned them only or everyone who bought one. They very well may notify everyone. Actually Id bet they do notify everyone at the same time.

Ktrek

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I bought my N7 through Sam's. I really wanted to return it through the local AT&T store (I didn't have a ton of confidence in the wireless department at Sam's). I got the text last night so I decided I would return the phone and re activate my iPhone 6+ (I had not sold it yet) and then wait for the new N7 batches to arrive and decide if I wanted to give it another shot. The woman working there told me I had 2 choices...1) keep the N7 until the new ones arrived 2) get another new phone (not a loaner). So obviously most of us, just by reading this forum knew more about this than her (which is what I expected going in). I explained to her that I really liked my N7 and would not be returning it if not for the recall. I told her I didn't want to keep it until the new phones came in (I know the chances of something happening are small but my kids play on my phone & I wasn't going to take that chance even though my phone had given me NO problems) and I didn't want a S7 or an S7E. I explained those options were no good, neither of them solved anything (also, I never raised my voice or used bad language....I actually told them I felt bad for them because I knew this was a pain). So...she said I could go to the AT&T store and see what they would do. Then she asked me to call her back and tell her what they said so she would know. Luckily she wasn't busy and decided to call someone and then said she could accept the N7, activate my old iPhone. I'm feeling pretty good at this point....I got a $150 Sams gift card when I bought the phone, which has long been spent. Sure enough, after a while of working on my return she says she needs the $150 gift card to complete the return. I calmly explain that I don't have it and I'm not going to pay the money back. They had a promo, I took advantage, liked my phone, planed on keeping the phone, then the manufacture & provider told me to return the phone. Of course the store manager was called, along with a department manager...I went through the same thing with them. They said they needed the $150 to complete the return...I explained how that didn't make sense...to them it did but to put themselves in my shoes. They made a call to a regional manager...no problem! I did not have to return the gift card or the $150 in cash. There was another customer there who was going through the same deal. I explained we didn't have to return the card. She was going to get and keep the S7E. They had a promo on the galaxy 7 line - you get $150 gift card when you get one on the next plan (just like the N7 promo they had) she asked if she got the $150 on the S7E and they told her yes! Good for her I say.
Now this whole process took 3 1/2 hours today...quite a pain but they worked with me. A lot of the time they were on the phone with the carrier AT&T trying to do everything in the system done correctly.

Good luck to everyone!

I work for Sam's. Sorry you had to actually get a regional manager involved because we are told to never ask for the cards back. It's not the consumer's fault for the recall. The only thing you need to know is that when, and if, you get a new Note 7 if you go to a Sam's Club to purchase it on the Next Plan you will NOT, and I repeat, NOT be eligible for another gift card. It will not print the coupon for the associate to add the card for the line you returned. However, you could borrow an upgrade from a different line and get another gift card.

Kevin

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Anyone know it ATT is checking for all the accessories that the note 7 came with? I'd like to keep the headphones lol
Well I'm sure some people lost some accessories or chargers already. They can't deny to replace your recalled phone over probably 5 dollars headphones......I might "Forget " to pack some things up aswell lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
manujws00