ATT trade in center says my phone value is $12!

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm pretty sure there was a statement that there was no returning of any hardware once submitted. They value it and that's it I'm guessing. I doubt they even keep track of it once it's approved or not approved. Just update the record one way or another and toss it in the good bin or parts bin.
I don't have AT&T....just going by what Samsung does. If that's the case it's not worth the risk of trading with AT&T even if the trade in offer is better unless they allow you bring it in person and sign off on it. I would be a very unhappy camper if that's how the handle things. I'm sure most trades go smooth, but I wouldn't want to be"that one".

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I tried, they kept saying we already got it in the mail, so they said had to send it in. And even before then, they were suspiciously trying to get me to send it through mail. It's as if there is some weird corporate encouragement because they know they can scam people or something, I don't know but it's pissing me off.
I don't know if it's corporate encouragement but it's usually a third party that receives these. They may have a motive for reducing the trades but I would hope they didn't.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Wait, I have the 4 device coverage with asurion. You mean there is ANOTHER insurance for the shipping? I didn't see that at all.
When you ship something that you pay for it comes with minimal insurance. Usually 50 to 100 and you pay extra to increase the amount. I doubt prepaid labels cover the item above any minimums and not sure if you could increase the coverage. It's a moot point at the moment because you already shipped it.
With regard to asurion, I'm not sure they can help at this point.

importraverxx

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
FWIW, I actually tried to take my trade in to a store and the manager there said since I order online, it's best to send it through the mail via a proper channel. According to him, doing it in the store will take longer and it's the same process as they will have to send it in the same way and exposes to potentially more errors. He also said unless you're doing the upgrade in the store, they are not the one to verify if the trade in phone is working or not, that is up to the 3rd party center that they're sending the phone to.

Illuminated_One

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
FWIW, I actually tried to take my trade in to a store and the manager there said since I order online, it's best to send it through the mail via a proper channel. According to him, doing it in the store will take longer and it's the same process as they will have to send it in the same way and exposes to potentially more errors. He also said unless you're doing the upgrade in the store, they are not the one to verify if the trade in phone is working or not, that is up to the 3rd party center that they're sending the phone to.

Yup that's kind of what they said to us too. They probably just don't want any drama on the account somebody at ATT did see it in perfectly working order but they technically aren't responsible for that.

Illuminated_One

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
They said they are messaging tier two support. And will get back to me in email. Have to wait one to two days.

Wow this is absolutely freaking ridiculous. I can't believe the degree of incompetence and just down right disorganized

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
That's what I figured

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
They said they are messaging tier two support. And will get back to me in email. Have to wait one to two days.

Wow this is absolutely freaking ridiculous. I can't believe the degree of incompetence and just down right disorganized

If they will still only give you 12, I will give you 13 ;-P

seriously. I totally agree. that is why I never do trade-ins. I heard too many horror stories about at$t and $amsung tradeins.

TMavC5

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
AT&T is absolutely the worst company on planet Earth. Just saying.............................

So far they have not failed me yet. Everything I request of I get. People gotta do homework before doing jumping on into something. It was my first time I traded in, so I went to Corp store and did the trade in-store instead of shipping it off.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Well I got my S20+ Friday with the trade in discount, but there was no return label, shipping directions or anything included with the package...

I had planned to call them today but I'm at work now. Someone once mentioned that they were open until 22:00 or something in my time zone so I'm going to try and call them on break. I'm wondering since it's an older device if they even still want it?

Illuminated_One

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
I'm at wits end.

First time I called. Indian girl hung up on me. Never called back.

Second time I call, a lady claims she put in a case. Wrote down notes. Tier 2 will get back to me. Never happens... So I call the next week. Nice guy answers. Says there is no case and no notes, so he sets it up for me. They should email me back they said...

Tier 2 support didn't do anything. They basically just copied and pasted the same crap the automated system did. I emailed back, telling them this is unacceptable, and who do I need to contact? Nothing.

So I call back again the next day. First ATT trade in... Indian girl says suddenly, that actually that my phone says it is fine and should be getting credit. She says she can't see promotional credit so sends me to customer care. Another out source guy answers. He says to disregard 12 dollar emails, and that I should have full credit. I ask him to triple check, he says yes, for that phone and line. Ask him to send me an email.

Never received it.

So I call back again today.... 3 different people say that it's not their department. Finally call trade in again, nice guy answers. Says he will contact trade in. A lady is there. She says she can't do anything but refer me to tier 2 support again. And that there's no indication my phone is worth anything. She says I also can't get my phone back.

They have lied to me CONSISTENTLY, AND stole my phone!!!

What the hell can i do now? I need help.

Illuminated_One

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
AT&T is absolutely the worst company on planet Earth. Just saying.............................

They absolutely are. I got screwed by them and paid 300 bucks a month for years because of their own screw up. Now this? If I wasn't locked into the note 20 ultra now, I would of moved companies!! Which is likely intentional on their part. They won't even help a loyal customer of 10 years

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
They absolutely are. I got screwed by them and paid 300 bucks a month for years because of their own screw up. Now this? If I wasn't locked into the note 20 ultra now, I would of moved companies!! Which is likely intentional on their part. They won't even help a loyal customer of 10 years

What I ended up doing to get out from AT&T's thumb (and I know this wasn't the best way to do it), was to get service from another company, get everything changed over (won't be able to port numbers this way, so be prepared) and just tell AT&T to cancel your service and whatever you owe them after everything was all said and done, make monthly payments to pay it off (they will work with you on it). I didn't have too many outrageous fees since I paid most everything off, but I still had about $1200 I needed to pay off in the end, made monthly payments and had that taken care of in a few months.

--OR--

Stop buying services and good from them, wait for everything to get paid off and out of contract and cancel your service. Pay extra, if you can, towards devices to pay them off earlier and give them the axe.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissa Oliver