BestBuy: Galaxy Note 8 Pre-Order Thread

stormywaters

Sep 6, 2017
Visit site
I asked this last week, but I wanted to see if anyone has received instructions yet on how to return their S8/S8+/S7 etc. to Verizon if they upgraded early through BB? One poster last week said I should receive an email from BB with a label, but I've gotten nothing thus far (checking both inbox and spam folder).

I'll call Verizon tonight or tomorrow, but figured I'd ask if anyone has heard anything. I think we only have 14 days to get this back, so the clocks ticking.

I went into one of their corporate stores after I activated my N8 and it was a painless process. They'll give you a receipt showing the total monthly deduction if you are paying by contract.

stormywaters

Sep 6, 2017
Visit site
Exactly, you could go the mail-in route if it is more convenient for you, but this method easily worked for me because I work close to the local store.

Let me edit this- I'm referring to a Verizon wireless corporate store.

AZGrown

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
My phone was stolen 2 months ago. I've been without a phone since then. I'm desperate for my Note 8. BB canceled my online pre order twice, saying I had to go show ID at the store. When I did, store had no idea what to do, and said I had to order there or re order online. Decided, against my better judgment to order at the store. But got a 9/20 approximate delivery date.
Help! Should I cancel and reorder online and cancel in store??? They didn't take my payment info. I was thinking just reordering online, and see which one comes in first?
I'm desperate for a phone!
Thx! ??????

stormywaters

Sep 6, 2017
Visit site
My phone was stolen 2 months ago. I've been without a phone since then. I'm desperate for my Note 8. BB canceled my online pre order twice, saying I had to go show ID at the store. When I did, store had no idea what to do, and said I had to order there or re order online. Decided, against my better judgment to order at the store. But got a 9/20 approximate delivery date.
Help! Should I cancel and reorder online and cancel in store??? They didn't take my payment info. I was thinking just reordering online, and see which one comes in first?
I'm desperate for a phone!
Thx! ������

A family member of mine ordered a black N8 through BB online last night and already has it being shipped today if that helps your decision.

geekstergrl

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
I get that about every other time I check, but then it resolves. I imagine they are getting hit pretty hard with status requests. It ends up working after a bit.

captain_zer0

Sep 7, 2017
Visit site
Exactly, you could go the mail-in route if it is more convenient for you, but this method easily worked for me because I work close to the local store.

Let me edit this- I'm referring to a Verizon wireless corporate store.

Did you have to show Verizon any paperwork or receipt when you took you old phone in?

drejet4850

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I placed my best buy order today around 10am and it says order information not available. How long before I a tally get a confirmation or details the site? Just curious to see what everyone else got. Hoping it gets mailed to me sooner than later. Any feedback is appreciated.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
mine is in Portland, OR. at the rate it's been traveling, I'm surprised to see it that far. still a ways to go to get here, but UPS says tomorrow. fingers crossed.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Instant confirmation page? 10 min delay in receiving e-mail.

3 days latter order issue stating update bank info , money subtracted from bank .
Phone marked as shipped with UPS tracking waiting on UPS pickup. BB still says update payment.

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I think Verizon stores have handed them out. Pretty sure I read that in this thread. Just talked to my bb and doesn't sound good...
I know our local Verizon store is not handing out Note 8s. I was just looking at the Verizon preorder thread, unless I missed something I did not see any stores distributing Note 8s.

Sep 11, 2017
Visit site
I originally ordered the Unlocked Orchid Gray Note 8 on September 5, but cancelled and ordered the Unlocked Midnight Black on September 7 and mine still hasn't shipped. I've called Best Buy twice and they don't have anymore information. But it's crazy that other people that have just placed their orders are getting theirs sooner. It's pathetic that I will have to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau just to get a meaningful response. What a waste of time, sadly. But necessary.

stormywaters

Sep 6, 2017
Visit site
Did you have to show Verizon any paperwork or receipt when you took you old phone in?

No, I did not. Walked in and someone met me at the door. Told them what I wanted to do and they asked for my cell number and photo ID. From there they pulled up my account and saw my s6 was deactivated, my N8 was activated. Then the assistant did a quick look over of my s6 and noted it looked in great condition. (I had a case and screen protector on from day 1 and had basically no blemishes). From there he printed out a receipt and asked if I needed any accessories for the new phone. I told him I was taking care of. From there he told me that I also qualify for $100 off the gear watch and he gave me a quick look of their display watches.

I may actually bite on that deal so he told me he would shoot me a text near my promotion deadline, which he said was 2 weeks from my N8 purchase. Those watches are nice. I'd be curious of any reviews if anyone wants to pitch in to help me in my decision!

stormywaters

Sep 6, 2017
Visit site
Thank you it does. Going for it.
But says shipping Sept 29th, ordering unlocked.

For some reason it seems like the unlocked orders may be taking a back line to the contract orders. My father in law ordered on contract and it moved quick. It could also be the availability of stock nearest to your location of delivery. I think everyone is grasping for answers on the philosophy. Lol

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I originally ordered the Unlocked Orchid Gray Note 8 on September 5, but cancelled and ordered the Unlocked Midnight Black on September 7 and mine still hasn't shipped. I've called Best Buy twice and they don't have anymore information. But it's crazy that other people that have just placed their orders are getting theirs sooner. It's pathetic that I will have to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau just to get a meaningful response. What a waste of time, sadly. But necessary.
Ordered unlocked blk none carrier Sept 7th shipped today.
Issues with Billing not my fault but apparently still shipped with tracking info
Edit ordered online not in store

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
So BB and Samsung direct orders are messed up, but carrier orders are going smoothly? I've been looking in on all the preorder threads and that's what it seems like.

aaskin

Sep 7, 2017
Visit site
So BB and Samsung direct orders are messed up, but carrier orders are going smoothly? I've been looking in on all the preorder threads and that's what it seems like.

Online orders through BB seem to be ok as well but you may have missed the first round. Verizon direct seems to be the most likely and quickest way to get it at this point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kazank