BestBuy: Galaxy Note 8 Pre-Order Thread

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
boy. BB is cutting no slack and neither is UPS. thought sure they'd deliver my N8 today since they'll be here anyway, but nope. got my UPS notice that it is coming tomorrow. wow. thanks a bunch BB/UPS. never again.

ToddL

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I had a few free minutes yesterday, so I stopped in to my store to ask about early pickup. I didn't understand the reasons she gave, but I'm fairly convinced it's not happening before Friday (at least at my store). She offered to show me one, which seemed ironic, in a salt-in-the-wound sort of way. I declined the offer.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Just wanted to update... I was the person who pre-ordered two notes on September 2nd from BB online, one black and one gray. The black one arrived about 4 days after placing the order. I never got an update on my order for the gray so after about 1 week of it still saying "in progress" and me making several phone calls and getting different answers every time, I canceled that order and reordered it immediately. I cancelled the order on Friday September 8th and reordered it on that same night. My order information has never been accessible (see attached pic). It's been 3 days now since I reordered the gray from Best Buy online and my order details/status are still not accessible. I am convinced (this is my unsubstantiated conspiracy theory)that because so many people had orders that were staying in the "in progress" stage and they were canceling them, that Best Buy has made it so that the order statuses are now not able to viewed on more recent orders. If we can't see what's going on (i.e. orders stuck in "in progress" for days) then we won't freak out and cancel our orders. Or perhaps we might be less likely to do so because we think it could be shipping. Additionally, since I can't even view my order details online, I don't even have access to the "cancel order" or "change order" options online. Again, this is probably just me being paranoid and thinking too hard about it, but I do think it's interesting that despite me calling them after I placed the second order and them telling me, yes it is active on their end, I still am not able to see any details on my end three days later. I'm pretty sure I just bought myself a ticket to the back of the line. If I had it to do over, I would have not canceled and reordered. Hindsight is 20/20.
I just got that oops also just close your browser all the way and restart your session should be ok.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I had a few free minutes yesterday, so I stopped in to my store to ask about early pickup. I didn't understand the reasons she gave, but I'm fairly convinced it's not happening before Friday (at least at my store). She offered to show me one, which seemed ironic, in a salt-in-the-wound sort of way. I declined the offer.

that is rather cold, if you ask me. like showing a package of dope to a junkie. just rude.

David808Arias

Sep 11, 2017
Visit site
I've been following this thread for a couple of weeks now, and have read everything from the begining. So I've read everything you guys/gals have gone thru... I pre-ordered me N8 at BB for in-store p/u thru Verizon on Aug 25th. I called BB last week to see if they would be releasing the N8 early, but got this sad story about Samsung not allowing them to release in-store p/u early. So finally, yesterday afternoon I got a call to setup an appointment. My store is opening early that day, 8am, so I made my request for that time. If I don't get my freebies, I'm going to be pissed! This is definitely the last time I'm pre-ordering anything for in-store p/u!

geekstergrl

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Mine is still on track to arrive tomorrow before 10AM. Last week would have been great, but it is still arriving early, so I'm happy with that. I can't wait to have it in my hands!

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I’m hoping with the iPhone Announcement Tuesday and most likely the iPhone being release either a week or two after that, Best Buy / Samsung will come to an agreement to release the preorders early.... like tomorrow. Otherwise Tuesday after the official details of the next iPhones, people may flock to them instead.

I mean, if people get the Note 8 now and get locked into their respective agreements, they may not meet the 14 day return period for exchange it for the new iPhone.
Have any Brick and mortar stores started in store fulfillment? Not just Best Buy, any stores?

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
nice! I just checked my Sprint account thinking to return/cancel my BB order and they have given me loyalty credits that I wasn't expecting. :D this is feeling a bit better now.

Last edited:

steveinil

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
I've been following this thread for a couple of weeks now, and have read everything from the begining. So I've read everything you guys/gals have gone thru... I pre-ordered me N8 at BB for in-store p/u thru Verizon on Aug 25th. I called BB last week to see if they would be releasing the N8 early, but got this sad story about Samsung not allowing them to release in-store p/u early. So finally, yesterday afternoon I got a call to setup an appointment. My store is opening early that day, 8am, so I made my request for that time. If I don't get my freebies, I'm going to be pissed! This is definitely the last time I'm pre-ordering anything for in-store p/u!

That day as in the 15th?

aaskin

Sep 7, 2017
Visit site
There was only one person that said Verizon gave their phone so I am not sure that is accurate. I don't think any place has been cleared to release the phones for pickup. Doesn't make a lot of sense because if you clear people to ship so the phone will "reach the customer by the release date" but use 2 day shipping or overnight and ship on 9/1-9/4 you have to know the phone will reach people WAY early. Just have to stay patient I suppose and keep hope alive that those gifts last.

epdean

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
I just got that oops also just close your browser all the way and restart your session should be ok.

I just tried on my desktop at work. Tried doing it as a guest and got this message. Tried logging in and got the exact same "order information is currently unavailable" message that I got on my phone. 😒

Attachments

• 0911171526.jpg
    0911171526.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 26

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I just tried on my desktop at work. Tried doing it as a guest and got this message. Tried logging in and got the exact same "order information is currently unavailable" message that I got on my phone. ������

then, imo, they're pulling a dirty. I am able to easily access my information online and on my phone.

metal4all6

Sep 21, 2016
Visit site
I asked this last week, but I wanted to see if anyone has received instructions yet on how to return their S8/S8+/S7 etc. to Verizon if they upgraded early through BB? One poster last week said I should receive an email from BB with a label, but I've gotten nothing thus far (checking both inbox and spam folder).

I'll call Verizon tonight or tomorrow, but figured I'd ask if anyone has heard anything. I think we only have 14 days to get this back, so the clocks ticking.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawrick