BestBuy: Galaxy Note 8 Pre-Order Thread

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
So I'd pre-ordered two N8's at Best Buy for in-person pick-up. Been out of the loop for the past week - so people are really going back, cancelling in-person, and re-ordering online and getting them sooner?!?

So if I head over there tonight and do the above, you guys think we'll be able to get our phones mid-week? Or should we just wait it out at this point? Any availability issues with Grey vs Black?
I've been reading on here a lot of the phones are being shipped from the stores. Will that effect the supply available for in store pickup on release day? Best buy and Samsung direct seem to be a PITA to order thru.

MDandJD

Sep 21, 2016
Visit site
Got the phone immediately after I posted last Thursday Sep 7. Plain envelope, plain box with an extraordinary phone. Setup everything with the case installed.

Just checked Bestbuy.com for my order: still in progress, WTF!?

anon(26204)

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I’m hoping with the iPhone Announcement Tuesday and most likely the iPhone being release either a week or two after that, Best Buy / Samsung will come to an agreement to release the preorders early.... like tomorrow. Otherwise Tuesday after the official details of the next iPhones, people may flock to them instead.

I mean, if people get the Note 8 now and get locked into their respective agreements, they may not meet the 14 day return period for exchange it for the new iPhone.

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I recall a couple posts indicating there are were no UPS signature requirements with your N8 deliveries. Can anyone else confirm this to be the case? Mine is scheduled for delivery today to home but nobody will be there. I am wondering if I need to reroute to another address if signature is needed. Thanks for any input!
I ordered mine through Sprint online and mine was delivered by way of UPS and I didn't have to sign for it.

aaskin

Sep 7, 2017
Visit site
I’m hoping with the iPhone Announcement Tuesday and most likely the iPhone being release either a week or two after that, Best Buy / Samsung will come to an agreement to release the preorders early.... like tomorrow. Otherwise Tuesday after the official details of the next iPhones, people may flock to them instead.

I mean, if people get the Note 8 now and get locked into their respective agreements, they may not meet the 14 day return period for exchange it for the new iPhone.

So still no realease? Hopefully corporate will take their Monday seriously and move this forward! Case came Friday and I am so ready for my phone!

anon(26204)

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Nope not yet unfortunately. I been checking everyday.

I just can’t see Best Buy and Samsung releasing online preorders and making in-store preorders wait until the actual release date.

I would think that they’ll give us the “go ahead” to release those as well. With it getting closer to the actual release date and with the iPhone announcement Tuesday, I would think Samsung wants their major flagship phone in everybody’s hand before the iphone is actually released.

aaskin

Sep 7, 2017
Visit site
Nope not yet unfortunately. I been checking everyday.

I just can’t see Best Buy and Samsung releasing online preorders and making in-store preorders wait until the actual release date.

I would think that they’ll give us the “go ahead” to release those as well. With it getting closer to the actual release date and with the iPhone announcement Tuesday, I would think Samsung wants their major flagship phone in everybody’s hand before the iphone is actually released.

From a business perspective, I would think it makes a lot of sense to release before this Iphone comes out but I question if there is business people in the decision maker's roles at BB. Here's to hoping!

anon(26204)

May 24, 2010
Visit site
From a business perspective, I would think it makes a lot of sense to release before this eye phone comes out but I question if there is business people in the decision maker's roles at BB. Here's to hoping!

I hear ya.

But to be honest and now that I think about it, it would have to be a Samsung call 100%. Only because we (Best Buy) sale the iPhone too. So we can’t put one manufacturer over the other and the same when it comes to carriers.

Nevertheless, I got my fingers crossed lol

epdean

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Its anyones guess. Some have had success, some have not. At this point idk if its worth the risk. It does appear the black ones are abundant and the grey ones are in short supply.

Just wanted to update... I was the person who pre-ordered two notes on September 2nd from BB online, one black and one gray. The black one arrived about 4 days after placing the order. I never got an update on my order for the gray so after about 1 week of it still saying "in progress" and me making several phone calls and getting different answers every time, I canceled that order and reordered it immediately. I cancelled the order on Friday September 8th and reordered it on that same night. My order information has never been accessible (see attached pic). It's been 3 days now since I reordered the gray from Best Buy online and my order details/status are still not accessible. I am convinced (this is my unsubstantiated conspiracy theory)that because so many people had orders that were staying in the "in progress" stage and they were canceling them, that Best Buy has made it so that the order statuses are now not able to viewed on more recent orders. If we can't see what's going on (i.e. orders stuck in "in progress" for days) then we won't freak out and cancel our orders. Or perhaps we might be less likely to do so because we think it could be shipping. Additionally, since I can't even view my order details online, I don't even have access to the "cancel order" or "change order" options online. Again, this is probably just me being paranoid and thinking too hard about it, but I do think it's interesting that despite me calling them after I placed the second order and them telling me, yes it is active on their end, I still am not able to see any details on my end three days later. I'm pretty sure I just bought myself a ticket to the back of the line. If I had it to do over, I would have not canceled and reordered. Hindsight is 20/20.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-09-09-09-22-22.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-09-09-09-22-22.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 24

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I paid in full for a Unlocked Black money deducted from my bank $992.64 that's with $50 off for a Cricket wireless promo, well I got the Cricket stuff in the mail , then I get a email saying update my payment info , so I checked my bank and yes $992.64 deducted so I call BB and they transfer me around then say yes we have your money we don't know why this happened just to wait, So a day latter now my order will cancel it self if payment is not updated and BB still has my money , So I guess this will be a fail !

(Update )The order shipped UPS today but my account still says redflag update payment and they have there money So not sure what's up

Last edited:

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to update... I was the person who pre-ordered two notes on September 2nd from BB online, one black and one gray. The black one arrived about 4 days after placing the order. I never got an update on my order for the gray so after about 1 week of it still saying "in progress" and me making several phone calls and getting different answers every time, I canceled that order and reordered it immediately. I cancelled the order on Friday September 8th and reordered it on that same night. My order information has never been accessible (see attached pic). It's been 3 days now since I reordered the gray from Best Buy online and my order details/status are still not accessible. I am convinced (this is my unsubstantiated conspiracy theory)that because so many people had orders that were staying in the "in progress" stage and they were canceling them, that Best Buy has made it so that the order statuses are now not able to viewed on more recent orders. If we can't see what's going on (i.e. orders stuck in "in progress" for days) then we won't freak out and cancel our orders. Or perhaps we might be less likely to do so because we think it could be shipping. Additionally, since I can't even view my order details online, I don't even have access to the "cancel order" or "change order" options online. Again, this is probably just me being paranoid and thinking too hard about it, but I do think it's interesting that despite me calling them after I placed the second order and them telling me, yes it is active on their end, I still am not able to see any details on my end three days later. I'm pretty sure I just bought myself a ticket to the back of the line. If I had it to do over, I would have not canceled and reordered. Hindsight is 20/20.

try desktop web access. mine comes up fine.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawrick