BestBuy S10/+: Pre-Order Thread

BrwnSuga3

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
i only used best buy because of that juicy $650 off with qualifying trade in

I generally used them for everything, camera, phones, accessories and games. I like the ordering online and picking up since I hate waiting for stuff to be shipped. But Best Buy isn't great for pre-orders at all lol. Just in my experience.

Halloweenoreo

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
I generally used them for everything, camera, phones, accessories and games. I like the ordering online and picking up since I hate waiting for stuff to be shipped. But Best Buy isn't great for pre-orders at all lol. Just in my experience.

Yeah this is my first time and will be my last time. The trade in and extra 50 off for Verizon is the only reason why I went with them... I've learned cheaper isn't always better :/

beandoc

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
My S10 flamingo pink 128gb is delayed... Even said "Preparing" yesterday, and I got emails with the return info for my wife's S7e. Now it just says that if they cannot ship by April 6, they'll cancel the order. Grr!

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Well good luck for East coast people who are scheduled to pick up starting from 10 ... 3 more hours to go here in the West coast

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I go with Best Buy because of the $600 for my trade in/activation off the front end of the contract instead of Verizon and monthly bill credits. This way if I want to pick up the Note when it drops I don't loose my bill credits.

willypguy

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Anybody order the 1TB Ceramic Black AT&T model? I placed two orders, one on Samsung.com and one at Best Buy. I received the phone from Samsung on Wednesday with the buds but my BB order is still in preorder status, with no email for pickup, no phone call, nothing. This has never happened to me before and I have been doing many preorders from BB.

Anyone else having the same issue with this particular S10+ model?

BrwnSuga3

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I ordered the S10+ 1TB VZW through BB and I'm in the same boat. My status says pre-order and no email for pickup or anything.

kidqwik

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
Never ordering ANYTHING pre-order from Bestbuy again.. This has happened multiple times I ordered phones or special edition video games, etc from them. I did the pre-order instore on the 21st after doing the pre-order for an upgrade online late at night on the 20th. I cancelled the online pre-order on the 21st because it charged me the tax and setup a payment plan for the 24 months without having anything to do with a trade-in the reduce the cost. The store told me to do that and come in store to do the pre-order and instead where when the phone comes I can apply the trade in amount to lower the total to lower the payments, blah blah blah.

So I'm in the same boat as many of you that pre-ordered the first day or soon after and it says Preparing For Pickup Today and the cancel button is grayed out. I just got off the phone with the store, then the 888 Bestbuy people. So the store doesn't have the blue ones... And she checked and it basically says Awaiting Inventory. I called up the 888 number and I think I may have made the lady cry by the time the call ended. I kept saying to her I'm not yelling at you, I'm complaining about a broken system of false advertising Bestbuy has to get sales. I was like these orders NEVER should have said Preparing for Pickup with the dates and eventually Today because that is not true. I was like even orders on Samsung.com at one point when you tried to order prior to today pushed the dates back when they anticipated there would be delays, but here once again so many people are, saying there order will be ready for pickup today, preparing for pickup today, all signs which it's been saying for two weeks it would be ready for pickup.. Today... Still saying today and there is no inventory. When I look online it says there is no blue ones available withing 250 miles of me even for non-preorders. She said the carrier didn't send enough of the phones. I was like well your system should say that when it becomes apparent that the phone will be delayed to say that, and certainly you should be able to Cancel it if that's the case. I was like what will the phone say tomorrow when it's the 9th and not there? Preparing for pickup on the 8th? She said yes. Lol. WTF!? I should have ordered from Samsung.com. I'll do that next time and stick with Gamestop or Amazon for video game order... Total false advertising from Bestbuy. And for those of those that pre-ordered on the first day and others are getting their phones today after, we'll register later for the buds now and they may run out.. F Bestbuy..

Last edited:

mrld7

Mar 4, 2019
Visit site
I have been reading these boards for the duration of the pre-sale period. I'm on the east coast. I ordered a white S10+. I had an appt set for 10am today. Got to my appt to be informed that my phone wasn't in. 3 other people were told the same thing. I can't switch to the blue, of which they had in stock, because it would nullify my pre-order. I can't really use the head phones as they aren't allowed where I work. The manager told me that they will make it right when I come back, even though they can't predict when it will come in. I have a perfectly good paid off S8 Note. Anyway.....I'm not sweating it. And no matter what happens, I will order from BB again in the future unless Sprint starts giving away Samsung Tvs again (I got 2 last time :)).

aokusman1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Seems best buy is selling phones they don't have. How could they be offering store pickup up to 2 days before release and those who ordered two weeks before can't get theirs

mrld7

Mar 4, 2019
Visit site
Seems best buy is selling phones they don't have. How could they be offering store pickup up to 2 days before release and those who ordered two weeks before can't get theirs
The manager said distribution hit an inventory cap and didn't tell the stores they shouldn't sell anymore.

heatherburks

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Update from my best buy. Got all 4 but not without an hour hassle. My white had a verification glitch and that's why I didn't get my info or email. But finally got it fixed after an hour. They had 54 pre-orders but only got 44 phones. Plenty of mad people. Seemed like pink was the issue color. They were expecting another shipment today but said Samsung wasn't prepared. They didn't allocate enough to best buy.

dirt4444

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Just an update but after multiple employees telling me that the two white S10 and S10E will not be in, I got a call late last night saying that all 3 my phones came in and scheduled an appointment for today at noon.

DWS44

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to my S8 experience with BestBuy! I used to do pre-orders with them all the time and for years they worked great. Not sure when the wheels came off for them, but after the fiasco I had back with my S8 order, which sounds a lot like what you all are dealing with on the S10, I said never again. I used to nearly live at BestBuy for my tech purchases, was in the super/uber-elite Reward Zone Tier (whatever they call it nowadays) and all. After the S8 fiasco and their tactics surrounding the pre-orders, my spending at BestBuy has never been the same.

Hate it for you guys who are getting screwed today, though. Godspeed, folks!

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
What a cluster. Ordered the phone the first day. Went to BB this morning. No phone. I may or may not have gotten a little overly frustrated at the phone manager. I know it's not her fault the phones aren't there, but she was the only one I had to vent at. Called BB Elite Customer Service and the super flat affect couldn't be less empathetic rep told me it could take up to another 7 days. I'm leaving for Europe Tuesday and will be super annoyed if I don't take an S10 with me.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
The manager said distribution hit an inventory cap and didn't tell the stores they shouldn't sell anymore.

They still shouldn't have people set appointments and then not have the phone when they show up... That is pretty bad.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kevinrshay1984