Cold As Ice working on Optimus V!

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
But you can't tell anyone not to post in public forums no matter what kind of device they have as long as it pertains to what's in the thread.

But it didn't, really. In a perfect world, any user of an OV that downloaded Cold As Ice should have expected no support, and if they wanted support, they should have stuck with Quattrimus.

I don't care how similar the phones are, unless the thread is titled "OS / OV ROM", no OV user should be posting in there unless instructed specifically to test and report bugs from their device.

arnold1997

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
But it didn't, really. In a perfect world, any user of an OV that downloaded Cold As Ice should have expected no support, and if they wanted support, they should have stuck with Quattrimus.

I don't care how similar the phones are, unless the thread is titled "OS / OV ROM", no OV user should be posting in there unless instructed specifically to test and report bugs from their device.

Half the people he chose were OV users including me

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Half the people he chose were OV users including me

Before or after OV users started invading his thread? If it was before, then great, but I'm guessing he didn't ask it to be advertised, and if it was after, that's only because he was under pressure to cater to a whole other set of users that he didn't intend to support, and only reinforces my point.

Reactions: ThatGuyLurkin

arnold1997

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
Before or after OV users started invading his thread? If it was before, then great, but I'm guessing he didn't ask it to be advertised, and if it was after, that's only because he was under pressure to cater to a whole other set of users that he didn't intend to support, and only reinforces my point.

I really don't remember....lol

DKGerbil2

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
That's not the point that it works. Its everything else. All the V users made threads on it, which is mostly the reason, they assume. V Users started posting stuff like in TDMs thread on his.

Bare with me, don't get mad at me or anything. :)

Some S users told V users not to post there as well...

So why was there Optimus V specific fixes in his posts and he was giving the test versions to people he knew were V users?

I think that each forum really shouldn't be blaming each other. I can imagine it's very hard to be a dev on a forum like this where you're constantly hounded and asked for ETAs and there are too many people who can't type and in general sound extremely immature. The people who have their heads on them can't make up for it unfortunately, even when they try and tell other users to not bug the devs. I don't know if it comes from having a forum structure or allowing people who aren't devs to discuss this sort of thing... but it just comes across as being a huge mess and it's not anyone's fault in particular. I think a more ideal setup would be a dev running a site where people could explicitly report bugs in a bug reporting section without discussion except between the developer and the person who reported the bugs, and the only people who could talk with the developer are other developers.

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Explained that already if you would just read. VM users shouldn't be posting in a forum thats not for our phones. People complained that MMS, and other weren't working so TheKraven made a fix, ONLY because you guys went to his thread. After that, everyine said " CAI is better than Qua- "

I cant spell it. But still, everyone on the S forums blame the V users for Thekravens leave.

People really need to understand what the term Alpha means. ICS wasnt meant to be on our phones, yet we have GB without official update. They should be happy to have that at most. We even have a close to stock rom of GB by RefBaron called GingerV!

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Originally it was meant for the S users, but like it was stated above... Most S roms will flash and will be pretty much functional on the V. tdm, Jerryscript, Bobzhome, and I work behind the scenes helping eachother. And then i saw someone repackage CAI to a full V rom, so i had to step in and offer some sort of patch before it went out of control and pm box overload. Most of the time, I didn't know who were S or V users, I just went by who gave good feedback. Out of respect for your V developer, there shouldnt have been any CAI posts in his thread or even a CAI thread here. You guys/gals are in good hands with tdm, just be patient and good things will happen.

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Originally it was meant for the S users, but like it was stated above... Most S roms will flash and will be pretty much functional on the V. tdm, Jerryscript, Bobzhome, and I work behind the scenes helping eachother. And then i saw someone repackage CAI to a full V rom, so i had to step in and offer some sort of patch before it went out of control and pm box overload. Most of the time, I didn't know who were S or V users, I just went by who gave good feedback. Out of respect for your V developer, there shouldnt have been any CAI posts in his thread or even a CAI thread here. You guys/gals are in good hands with tdm, just be patient and good things will happen.

glad to see your still here ;)

Reactions: inceyet