Colours look dull and washed out compared to my S22 Ultra...

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
What a joke. Went to the Verizon store checked all three models of the S24. They all had the same problem : The toggle to vivid display was not working at all. I compared it to other galaxy phones specifically the galaxy flip and there was a huge difference in the two screen modes. Samsung should be ashamed of themselves for putting out a new phone with that sort of bug.
While I agree on past phones there was a boost with vivid it wasn't what I would call a huge difference.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Emig5m

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
The photo on the left looks more natural.
Everyone boasts about natural looking better in this situation but how do you people feel about the auto HDR feature when viewing pictures taken on a Samsung device which also makes things look unnatural with overly piercing brights and contrast?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Everyone boasts about natural looking better in this situation but how do you people feel about the auto HDR feature when viewing pictures taken on a Samsung device which also makes things look unnatural with overly piercing brights and contrast?
I don't think anyone is boasting about natural looking better. It's merely an option and preference.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I tried vivid on the Plus, and it's same - no change.

Other than the white balance slider showing up. Which also doesn't seem to do anything.
This is low-key the most important comment in this thread, because it suggests this is in fact a software issue and not an artifact of the Ultras anti glare screen.

Reactions: mlblack16

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
What a joke. Went to the Verizon store checked all three models of the S24. They all had the same problem : The toggle to vivid display was not working at all. I compared it to other galaxy phones specifically the galaxy flip and there was a huge difference in the two screen modes. Samsung should be ashamed of themselves for putting out a new phone with that sort of bug.
"That sort of bug"
Ever own a Pixel...or at least read up about them? LOL
The S24 series blows them to oblivion!

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
To those who are saying this is no big deal: would you buy a Samsung TV with a washed out display?
I can't find anyone in this thread saying this is no big deal. I see differences in opinion and preferences about what screens should look like or what they are willing to accept. If you find the display unacceptable we can't solve that here. You are options are to wait and see if there is a fix or return it while you still have that option.

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
This is low-key the most important comment in this thread, because it suggests this is in fact a software issue and not an artifact of the Ultras anti glare screen.
Exactly, I think everyone should take a deep breath and relax. It's NOT a hardware issue.

How would we see the difference in the sample screenshots ITT if the phone were incapable of displaying vivid colors? Reviewers have also stated there's no issues when watching media.

Both arguments are true. Vivid tends to appeal to a larger audience. But natural is more realistic.

scotiez

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
I think the screen looks great. I do not see a difference between Normal or vivid, but with all NEW phones no matter the manufacture there are always a few bugs at launch and will be fixed shortly. Just keep your pants on and don't get to excited. iPhone had its issues with the iPhone 15 series, Google had Issues with the Pixel 8 series, and Samsung has had issues in the past with both s22 series and Yes even the s23 series. They all had software updates that came out within a month after release to fix these issues. This phone is no different. It is not a big deal. I am sure it will be fixed as soon as they have a solution. Samsung is a proud company and likes to be #1 or at least fighting with apple for the #1 spot. This will be the #1 or #2 phone of the year.

Mavsballinout

Feb 1, 2024
Visit site
I don't see that much difference between Natural and Vivid in the selector images. To me, Natural looks pretty accurate, in contrast to my previous S8+, which has obviously boosted colors.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justinedwards