ARCHIVED: [DEAD ROM] ThundeROM V1.8.3 4/5/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

nmead33

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
SD Card Issues are back

Was running 1.4 with no issues, esp the 'SD card removed' problem that was noticeable in the stock ROM.

Now with 1.5, it seems to be back with a vengeance.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Was running 1.4 with no issues, esp the 'SD card removed' problem that was noticeable in the stock ROM.

Now with 1.5, it seems to be back with a vengeance.

yup I get it at least twice a day.

HERE is Sprint recognizing it as their problem and claiming to fix it sometime in the future with a software update.

And the reason i believe that article is to placate people and doesn't at all address the problem is, it's been established 100x's over that replacing the SD card solves the problem. This would mean the SD card is the issue right? So how can you fix an SD card with a software update? Thats weird.

I replaced my SD card back on black friday (picked up a class 10 8gb card for $25) and haven't had a single mount/dismount issue since then which is almost a month now. HERE is a thread you can check out with others who had the problem and found relief by replacing the card.

Should you have to spend your money on a new card? no. Sprint should replace them BUT it's a class 2, 2gb card ... do yourself a favor and replace it anyway :)

simon.ponder

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
HERE is Sprint recognizing it as their problem and claiming to fix it sometime in the future with a software update.

And the reason i believe that article is to placate people and doesn't at all address the problem is, it's been established 100x's over that replacing the SD card solves the problem. This would mean the SD card is the issue right? So how can you fix an SD card with a software update? Thats weird.

I replaced my SD card back on black friday (picked up a class 10 8gb card for $25) and haven't had a single mount/dismount issue since then which is almost a month now. HERE is a thread you can check out with others who had the problem and found relief by replacing the card.

Should you have to spend your money on a new card? no. Sprint should replace them BUT it's a class 2, 2gb card ... do yourself a favor and replace it anyway :)

I hear ya, I have the class 10 8gb card I was using with my hero in the Optimus now, and the 2gb in my hero. Neither my Hero nor the Optimus has ever had a dismount issue.

weenerdog3443

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site

Im using a msd HC class 2 16 gig. I ditched the 2gig within a minute of having the phone

neilgoldstein

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site

I purchased 2 Optimus S' a couple of weeks ago. One for myself and one for my daughter. Hers has the SD card problem, and mine does not. I'll let you know what swapping the SD card does.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Im using a msd HC class 2 16 gig. I ditched the 2gig within a minute of having the phone

Your problem may be the class 2 part. Check the link I posted and you'll see thats one of the working theories. Someone suggests the replacement card should be higher than class 2. The SD card convo should keep to that thread so the information isn't strewn about multiple threads. Replace your class 2 with a higher class card and post the results in that thread for others to see.

weenerdog3443

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Also I remember it being talked about a lil before when you unlock the phone what is the thing that flashes for a second. Im not quick enough to make it out and Ive been sitting here for the past half hour just locking n unlocking my phone

forum_user_99

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
These questions were brought up by many other users. These are legitimate concerns. I think that you will find your answers in the last 3 pages or so. Have a read.I'm sure all your wildest fantasies will come true if you just read what others have already done before you. I'm sure you will find more answers by reading through than by someone just telling you the short answer...

Basket

Thanks for your reply. I did find the answers in the previous posts. Based on that, I reflashed the Deluxe (Jit+Stagefright). Turned on the animations and I am seeing a smoother animation.

Thanks.

Beezy/KSimth

Thanks for a great ROM. Please let me know how I can help you guys. I will contribute to the forum as you guys asked.

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
I purchased 2 Optimus S' a couple of weeks ago. One for myself and one for my daughter. Hers has the SD card problem, and mine does not. I'll let you know what swapping the SD card does.

I suggest taking both phones and performing the steps that I am about to list below in my reply to KSmithinNY's post for preventative measures. Gives me a sense of security when I personally know two other people walking around with this phone and I know it will be reliable after trial and error on mine and the forum's part to figure this problem out.

Your problem may be the class 2 part. Check the link I posted and you'll see thats one of the working theories. Someone suggests the replacement card should be higher than class 2. The SD card convo should keep to that thread so the information isn't strewn about multiple threads. Replace your class 2 with a higher class card and post the results in that thread for others to see.

KSmith- I vaguely followed steps in the SD card freezing thread until I finally figured out what completely fixed the issue for myself and others that I have personally performed the tasks for.

Extremely long answer. Reference this post: (Can't get the link to work) Can anyone help me out with that? It's page 10 of "Freezing / Lock-ups and SD card...". The very first post.

Also I remember it being talked about a lil before when you unlock the phone what is the thing that flashes for a second. Im not quick enough to make it out and Ive been sitting here for the past half hour just locking n unlocking my phone

I'll give it away (if it hasn't been already). It's an animation of the screen "minimizing" to the background. Watch the middle of the right side of the screen. It's easier to see it there...

KSmithInNY- I didn't mean to clutter this ROM thread with that book of an answer. I have seen that question asked too many times before and it not have definite answer. Well, there it is. I know it is a brand specific (biased) answer, but it is what works. Is there any way to make a sticky out of that answer so that we can just reference it? That was a lot of typing that I DON'T want to do again. lol. And, thanks again for what you, beezy, and this community does for eachother!!!!

EDIT: And, I feel like an ass now because in your response that I quoted I just read this statement "The SD card convo should keep to that thread so the information isn't strewn about multiple threads."

Last edited:

trekkie1701c

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Supporting the card being at fault. Have the old 4gb from my Centro, no issues.

Though come to think of it, I did lose apps from time to time on stock and had to unmount/mount the card, but not since I installed ThundeROM

nmead33

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I'm not knocking anything and know about replacing/formatting the card (have one on the way). Just I never got a dismount on 1.4 for the week that I was running it. Loaded 1.5 and had it a few times a day, so maybe there ~is~ something to sprint fixing it in software?

FitChicago

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Previous Versions of ThundeROM

Quick Question: After installing the latest ThundeROM can I delete previous versions from my SD Card?

Thanks, in advance, for your feedback.

ccrs8

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Quick Question: After installing the latest ThundeROM can I delete previous versions from my SD Card?

Thanks, in advance, for your feedback.

There is no technical reason why you need to have previous versions (or the current version, for that matter) on your SD card for your phone to work.

You may want to keep them around (whether on your SD card or on your computer somewhere in case a current version introduces some bug and you want to revert back to an older version. I don't see much need for that with ThundeROM as the devs tend to release only when things are decently tested and stable. When I had my Samsung Moment, my ROM of choice had a new release coming out almost daily, whenever the dev decided to make a change, and often bugs were introduced that forced me to go back to an older, more stable version. That particular ROM's developer considered those using the most recent release as beta testers. I don't think that is the case here.

firassasin

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Hey, i got my optimus not long ago and have been avidly flashing to make optimum performance/battery life. However one fun feature appears to be broken. Right now i have thundeRom 1.5 and Xionia kernel

Sprint TV will not function. i have tried a flashable version. mounting system as rw and installing, and using the non system app that was torn from nand.

all of them no matter what start up and have an error then say i am not authorized to view.

Note: usually the first boot after a fresh install of the app it will work once, but much too large for the optimus's screen and off-center (making it un-viewable). It would be cool if sprint TV worked in the next update :)

kalex

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Hey, i got my optimus not long ago and have been avidly flashing to make optimum performance/battery life. However one fun feature appears to be broken. Right now i have thundeRom 1.5 and Xionia kernel

Sprint TV will not function. i have tried a flashable version. mounting system as rw and installing, and using the non system app that was torn from nand.

all of them no matter what start up and have an error then say i am not authorized to view.

Note: usually the first boot after a fresh install of the app it will work once, but much too large for the optimus's screen and off-center (making it un-viewable). It would be cool if sprint TV worked in the next update :)

Make sure your Wifi connection is off and use EVDO only otherwise Sprint TV will not work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotifyWord