Downloading X-Plane on the Samsung Galaxy

jon-e-o

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I am having trouble getting XPlane on my Samsung Fascinate. Thanks to Android Central, I understand that there is a problem with my phone not recognizing its processor, and therefore will not allow to download it or even find it in the Marketplace. Is therre a way around this? Is there an app for that? Would rooting the phone help ( i am REALLY against it)? Help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Xopher

Trusted Member
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
There is something on their website as a work-a-round for Samsung devices. Pretty much, you install the file from their website, then purchase from the marketplace afterwards.

jon-e-o

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Is that on the Laminar REsearch site? If so, where? The site says there is a problem with Galaxy class phones, but does not give a workaround.

Xopher

Trusted Member
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Grrr... They changed the wiki page. There used to be a link to download. Now it says to wait on carriers.... blah blah blah...

D.P.G.

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I purchased a new Sony Vaio 24" touch screen with an Intel I7 CPU and bought X-Plane after hours of playing around I called them and they tell me it's not compatible with Intel and Sony, then I get a Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch and they tell me it?s not compatible with Samsung and they give all these reasons why it does not work and blame Intel, Sony, and Samsung. I recommend they take a look at what they are doing, and to tell you the truth I tried it on my sons HTC 3D and it really is too small a screen for that kind if simulator.