Easy Root for Bionic Stock 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean)

yankee39

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else having trouble running the VM on Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. I cannot get the VM to open although the services are running in task manager. Uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled, rebooted and still won't bring up the GUI to load the OVA file.

Suggestions would be appreciated.

Used my wife's laptop, got the virtual machine running, daemon starts then nothing. Updated to use the USB drivers as well and connected to the share.
Thanks

Last edited:

bs2000atsf

May 30, 2013
Visit site
I get to the Daemon started and it hangs. I have tried to have the device plugged in before this step and after. I have the USB 2.0 drivers installed and have tried to uninstall moto drivers. I even go up to usb and click connect but get error . This in on a windows 8 X64

Failed to attach the USB device Motorola XT875 [0216] to the virtual machine Linux Minimal_2.

USB device 'Motorola XT875' with UUID {9641cab5-571f-4708-8e8d-4ddb71c91b79} is busy with a previous request. Please try again later.

Result Code: E_INVALIDARG (0x80070057)
Component: HostUSBDevice
Interface: IHostUSBDevice {173b4b44-d268-4334-a00d-b6521c9a740a}
Callee: IConsole {db7ab4ca-2a3f-4183-9243-c1208da92392}

Jason Buckley

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Alright so i did it and it looks like it worked perfectly, until i went to use a program that required root access. Tell me that the rom is not rooted or su not installed, even though Im looking at. Not quite sure what went wrong here, or if I should try the exploit again.
update: after 2nd time exploit worked superuser installed correctly thanks for exploit

Last edited:

edjanx

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
I wasn't quick enough on the draw and didn't press the up volume the first time through. When my Bionic restarted, I got a Blank SD Card warning for the internal card. It says "SD Card is blank or has an unsupported file system". I went through the process again, and got my root, but it still thinks the SD card is blank. The phone is running so I don't see how the internal card isn't actually be mounted. I tried reboots, and attempting to mount manually with no success. When hooked up to my PC via USB, it also shows up as an unformatted drive. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, as I have pictures and videos there that I would hate to lose. Thanks!

export100

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I keep getting the binary code is outdated. It downloads a new one and says it update and then when I try to run it it says it needs to be installed and I do that and it then it fails. Any thoughts?

DarkKnight31

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
I am having a similar problem as export100. Once I have completed the root process Superuser tells me to install the binary code and when I do it tells me to update the code. When I click install it tells me there was an error installing it and to send a log of the error to the developer. The process seemed to go well up until this point. Using Root Checker it says that it found SU, but that I don't have root access. First time rooter here. I would appreciate any help you can give.

edjanx

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
I wasn't quick enough on the draw and didn't press the up volume the first time through. When my Bionic restarted, I got a Blank SD Card warning for the internal card. It says "SD Card is blank or has an unsupported file system". I went through the process again, and got my root, but it still thinks the SD card is blank. The phone is running so I don't see how the internal card isn't actually be mounted. I tried reboots, and attempting to mount manually with no success. When hooked up to my PC via USB, it also shows up as an unformatted drive. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, as I have pictures and videos there that I would hate to lose. Thanks!

Update. Had to FXZ to resolve this issue. It does appear to be related to rooting, although nothing specific to this awesome program. Once I got a fresh 4.1.2 on my bionic, my SD Card still showed up as unformatted. I ran this root VM again, and this time made sure I pressed the volume key in time, and root appeared flawlessly. From here, I choose to Format the blank SD card. I lost everything I had on there, but at least it's not damaged, and I am back up and running normally again. It was probably time the cobwebs got blown away on the internal drive anyway. The phone seems very responsive now.

little_blaine

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Worked wonderfully for me. I've set up virtual appliances before and I fully appreciate the work and detail that went into this (setting networking so that external devices can connect to the VM, capturing the USB device, etc) so thanks. I can't imagine this can be any easier unless you already have a linux box you can run the exploit on and are comfortable with linux shell commands. Just 2 observations:

1) I had the NVIDIA ethernet error - resetting to the adapter that I actually have quickly took care of this
2) It's key, as stated before, to not plug in the phone via USB until prompted to do so. However, it would be helpful to do some prep work ahead of time by plugging it in to USB, setting the USB connection to media device, and making sure all the drivers are downloaded by windows, before even starting this procedure.

vikcie

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I am getting nothing at the place of HOST IP
Checked that my wifi is on dynamic.
Do I have to do some kind of setting in virtual machine network adapter. .?
Help me out guys please..

18lives

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Marty, I can get the virtual macine to recognize the (ethernet) network adapter, but it creates an ip addr. 192.168.56.101 that doesn't route or show up in my wired/wireless router. The virtual machine doesn't recognize the wireless adapter on my pc. The instructions explicitly say to use wifi to connect the bionic to the server, but others have posted comments indicating using a usb cable. I'm a marginal computer hobbyist but there seems to be a logical disconnect somewhere.

Thanks all the same for your help.

forbiddenera

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
Already had VBox installed.

Your appliance works great. I am root. Cheers.

Edit: Actually, it didn't work.. I tried again and it appears to have, I guess I didn't press a key fast enough after reboot? I got safe mode both times but first time it didn't vibrate as it did the second time..? shrug.. I think/hope it works now..

Edit2: yep worked. thxthx.

Last edited:

damianst21

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
I ran the program, and everything seemed to work, the VM told me it was successful. But then I check my phone, and I don't have root.

Others in the thread have had the problem, and resolved it by simply running it an extra few times. I've now run it over 10 times, to not avail.

The network settings are fine (pings work in both directions, and the VM confirms correct connection over WIFI), the USB connection looks good (recognized by VM), the installation looks like it goes through normally, I hit the volume up button as soon as it tells me to (I've tried volume down and power buttons as well, as well as various combinations of these). Then, the VM tells me to let it reboot the phone, the phone reboots, but Superuser tells me that "The Superuser binary (su) must be updated. Please choose an installation method..." Then, I hit install, and it says "There was an error installing Superuser. Please send a log of the error to the developer." (but it doesn't actually generate a log so idk what's up with that either).

I've tried reinstalling the VM, I've redownloaded .ova file, and I've tried multiple USB ports on my computer. I'm at a loss for what else to do. Any ideas?

zimpirate

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm still trying to figure out how to get MTP Mode, when I plug my phone in, all I get is PC Mode, Windows Media, Mass Storage, and Charge only.

dallmeyer

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
^^^ I'm pretty sure you're not on JB then.

I still can't seem to get this to work. I'm hanging at "daemon started successfully", because when I choose XT875 it gives me the INVALIDARG, busyhost error other people are getting. I installed the extension for VirtualBox and enabled the USB 2.0 thing.
I'm Windows 8, 64-bit. It's the Surface Pro, if that makes a difference (only one USB port, 3.0)

Last edited:

BruceP

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Try installing the OVA into virtual box again..i had it installed 2 times on mine cause for some reason first install didnt work and i just installed ova again and it worked.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nssimpson