Error retrieving information from server.[RPC:S-5:AEC-0]

Togger

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I have the answer to this problem. TELL ONE AND ALL TO SAVE XMAS
SETTINGS
APPS:AT TOP RIGHT GO TO ALL APPS THEN GO TO PLAY STORE AND CLEAR CACHE (NOT DATA)
THEN FORCE STOP.
COME OUT EVERYTHING TO THE HOME SCREEN.
GO BACK INTO SETTINGS
APPS
ALL APPS:THEN GO TO THE APP UNDER PLAY STORE (CALLED MARKETPLACE SERVICES OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT) AND CLEAR DATA (NOT CACHE) THEN FORCE STOP.
SWITCH OFF AND ON AND HEY PRESTO GET DOWNLOADING THOSE APPS.
Hi Tim, tried your solution & also included........Settings-Apps-All-Google Framework-Force Stop(ignore warning)-Then Clear data in Google Frame work-Shut Down-Leave for a few minutes-Restart- Job done! :)

Maria Gaspar

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Dear all,

I am getting the same error as Louspen, after having done the "clear cache" and "force stop" in both play store and google framework...
How can I make it work???
Thanks a lot in advance

Tami Charles

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Uggggg...... I have tried EVERYTHING these posts have suggested, and I STILL can't download anything!! I am so aggravated......ANYTHING else I can try??

jimthetim

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
Hi Tami, are you sure you cleared cache (not data) at first bit and then clear data (not cache) at second bit.check my post for full instructions. worked for a lot of people. me included.

remember its clear cache (not data) at first bit and then clear data (not cache) at second part.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dimitri J

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
This one worked 100% for me.On your device : Go to settings/apps/all/ and uninstall (if possible) or deselect PLAY STORE .Download play store app from this link com.android.vending_3.9.16.apk | by Android Police for Generic Device and than install it to your devise.I did it via my pc,and than install it via USB cable to my tablet.But it is of course possible to do this directly from your browser on your devise, store the .apk file there( to internal memory or SD card) and install it afterwords.I tray everything before that - nothing worked. Perhaps you`ll love this one - Aptoide - many apps for free,in case the prescription does not work for you.But, I`m sure will does! God luck.Regard,Dimitri -Norway

andrea mola

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
zeligpad 970 non ottiene scarico nessuna applicazione googol play. come fare ?

come fare a risolvere ?

Samson Bradshaw

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Wow! Thanks, these instructions really sorted out my cheap MID tablet. I've been fighting with it for days and these instructions did the trick. Excellent! Thank you very much! :):):)

Gary James2

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Hello Peeps:)

Well I've followed the instructions above and now cannot connect to play store at all....just get "server error". Can anyone help?

All sorted now :)

Daffys

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I have the answer to this problem. TELL ONE AND ALL TO SAVE XMAS
SETTINGS
APPS:AT TOP RIGHT GO TO ALL APPS THEN GO TO PLAY STORE AND CLEAR CACHE (NOT DATA)
THEN FORCE STOP.
COME OUT EVERYTHING TO THE HOME SCREEN.
GO BACK INTO SETTINGS
APPS
ALL APPS:THEN GO TO THE APP UNDER PLAY STORE (CALLED MARKETPLACE SERVICES OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT) AND CLEAR DATA (NOT CACHE) THEN FORCE STOP.
SWITCH OFF AND ON AND HEY PRESTO GET DOWNLOADING THOSE APPS.

appreciate this much, searched high and low to help a friend of mine out, he has 3 little boys and each one has a tablet, all 3 had same issues, this guy saved the day

Jennifer Bailey

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm with you on that because I got mine from EBAY and it came from China. It took too long to get here just to send it back!! PLease help us with this issue!!!

ALP3

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
How do i delete a google gmail account of my 7inch android tablet... Need info asap !!! Can't download any apps !!! This sucks !!! Rotten eggs !!!:-$

What did you do to be able to download apps again ?

WOFD33

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
I dont have a tablet or a note phone, but I had the same problem with my LG Thrill phone. This appears to have worked for me as well. Thanks.

v durgaraju

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
my phone is Airtyme andriod software 2.3 but i goto paystore but any item download getting result is Error retrieving information from server.[RPC:S-5:AEC-0] plz tel solution