Evo update is live now!!!!!!!!!!

kaystrd#AC

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
LOVE the Gingerbread update. I updated on Friday and just updated my wife's a few minutes ago. Definately more pros than cons. I could do without Netflix for a while until they fix it. Battery on on my Evo with Froyo was horrible (6 to 8 hours) before recharging. I literally had to have a charger at home, one in the car, and one at work. With this GB update, I'm already on my 14th hour since I unplugged it this morning and it shows that I have 40% battery left (with the same amount of usage as on Froyo). My Evo performs alot faster now. Day one it was a little sluggish right after the install but after a few battery pulls and continuous use and it feels like a new phone. Lots of small new treats, nothing major but good improvements. I was really looking forward to the new Evo 3D this summer when my upgrade (Sprint Premier Gold) came up because my Evo on Froyo was so slow and the battery life sucked. But thanks to this update, now I'm not in such a hurry to jump on the Evo 3D bandwagon. I will wait a few weeks, maybe even months until the bugs are worked out on the first batch of 3D's before I get mine.

rodohmes

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Mine just sits on "checking"and will do so until Hell freezes over. Why do I know this? Because my Evo has been doing this for weeks. It also won't let me update my profile/prl either.

Anyone have any thoughts and/our solutions? I can't begin to tell you how frustrating this is. Or maybe you do know.

Please, help!
I'm guessing you figured a out a workaround for it already, but if not, I had a similar problem. My wife's EVO had it available right away, but mine would never find it. After a few days of constantly checking I finally just did a hard reset. Nothing. Did a hard reset 3 times, then all of a sudden it was available. Appbrain is a God-send for things like this. Hope you figure it out! (or have already!)

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Remember the best solution is to do a fresh wipe of the device. Any time your doing a OS upgrade this is the most recommended thing to do.

lbjames231

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Just updated my phone without a hitch...took close to 10 minutes total over Wi-Fi. Is there a changelog anywhere that I can see for this update? I've been out of the loop for a while.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174