Exchanged Rezound for Nexus

alcantarvf

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
This past week I got three random reboots... I did not want to go through this nightmare again (HTC Thunderbolt)... I know that Verizon had the holiday exchange program going... The only problem was that I bought the Rezound from amazon for one penny... So I decided to call Verizon today and not mention where I bought the phone... To my delight, all it showed on their system was that a line was added through Verizon on the 24th of December (Which is the day that amazon transferred warranty obligation over to verizon)...

Nonetheless, my Nexus is on the way to me as we speak... will be here next week as it is back ordered... Where there is a will there is a way...

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Well ain't that a pickle your in. Sorry, it didn't work out for you. Seems kind of a lose/lose situation for you. Hope you enjoy all the issues that sent quite few ex-Nexii owners fleeing for higher ground over here. Don't feel bad, ish happens, I'm sure someone else from the VGN forum will fill your slot today.XD

***All kidding aside, sorry to hear it didn't work out. I tend to think it was a decision based more on paranoia than fact. If you'd read some previous posts you'd see that it is making the rounds that some Amazon outlets are suspected of recieving a bad batch for distribution. Alot of existing issues people have expierienced have Amazon purchases in common. Not sure I would've given up on the device w/ out knowing if it was software or user related issue. Anyhow, come back and share your thoughts on your swap when you get the GN.

alcantarvf

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Lol... Believe me... I will be back to post my thoughts... I look at it this way... People on craigslist are having no problem paying $500 for a nexus... I can always sell and rebuy a rezound...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

alcantarvf

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
This blows... A Verizon rep just called me and told me that my order will be cancelled because I bought the phone from a third party retailer and not through Verizon... That the exchange program doesn't apply in this case... Looks like I an S.O.L.... Damn.... The rep from last night obviously didn't know what he was doing... Double Damn... Thought I had a nexus...

SPD

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
This blows... A Verizon rep just called me and told me that my order will be cancelled because I bought the phone from a third party retailer and not through Verizon... That the exchange program doesn't apply in this case... Looks like I an S.O.L.... Damn.... The rep from last night obviously didn't know what he was doing... Double Damn... Thought I had a nexus...

Sorry to hear. I would at least try and get a replacement Rezound from Amazon.

alcantarvf

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Verizon agreed to send me a replacement rezound... New one since they have no refurbs... I tried getting them to send the rezound... Being the same price... They didn't want to... Lol...

After 30 days verizon takes over warranty from Amazon...

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site

Wait. You seriously thought Verizon would allow you to do this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I think you just got a lemon. It can happen with any phone. Given the positive experiences of so many people on this forum, the replacement will probably be fine. Of course, if you do like the Nexus better, I guess Amazon policy worked against you. Maybe it's a sign? :)

...Sent from my Tab

buckwheat-phd

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
This past week I got three random reboots... I did not want to go through this nightmare again (HTC Thunderbolt)... I know that Verizon had the holiday exchange program going... The only problem was that I bought the Rezound from amazon for one penny... So I decided to call Verizon today and not mention where I bought the phone... To my delight, all it showed on their system was that a line was added through Verizon on the 24th of December (Which is the day that amazon transferred warranty obligation over to verizon)...

Nonetheless, my Nexus is on the way to me as we speak... will be here next week as it is back ordered... Where there is a will there is a way...

You'll be much happier that the Nexus swap got cancelled. Believe me, all the hype over that phone and 4.0 was totally blown out of proportion. And no, MOST apps won't work with 4.0 yet, and you'll play hell debugging the whole thing. You'll get 3 hours out of the battery if you're lucky, the launcher is locked and 3rd party launchers don't work yet, no SD card (because Samsung mangled the file system), it's all plastic and even feels cheap. The only redeeming qual on that phone is the screen, and the Rezound still beats it. Oh, and its boot loader isn't locked down to protect us. But let's be fair and give HTC and Motorola 2-3 years, they'll figure that out eventually. Heck, Motorola can't even come to terms with a replaceable battery.

I think the day the rep called you and cancelled it will prove to be the best day in a while. But don't expect ICS on any of these phones anytime soon. Remember - the Samsung Infuse (last Fall's device-of-the-year) is still stuck on 2.2 - and they promised GB within 30 days of course. Google simply can't police the manufactures - and Apple doesn't have that problem

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
You'll be much happier that the Nexus swap got cancelled. Believe me, all the hype over that phone and 4.0 was totally blown out of proportion. And no, MOST apps won't work with 4.0 yet, and you'll play hell debugging the whole thing. You'll get 3 hours out of the battery if you're lucky, the launcher is locked and 3rd party launchers don't work yet, it's all plastic and even feels cheap. The only redeeming qual on that phone is the screen, and the Rezound still beats it. Oh, and it's boot loader isn't locked down to protect us. But let's be fair and give HTC and Motorola 2-3 years, they'll figure that out eventually.

I think the day the rep called you and cancelled it will prove to be the best day in a while

I get about 12 hours battery. Every app I use works. Doesn't feel cheap. I use stock launcher but others report no issues with 3rd party. Guess you need to own the phone to know. Its a great phone. New os will always have bugs but this phone and 4.0 are great. No major issues here.

Two different days here that by the end of the day I was about 12-14 hours with a screen on time of 3-4 hours.

43541cb6-a247-e575.jpg

43541cb6-a259-5126.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Reactions: crzycrkr

kgirl808

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I think it all depends on who you talk to that will be satisfied w/ their phone. I personally will not switch out my Rezound because like the lucky ones, I did not end up w/ a "lemon" and I really enjoy this phone. Not in any rush for ICS and I did a temp root on my phone so I removed all the bloatware and bump charged my battery so my standard battery is running better than before. Whether its the Razr, Nexus, Rezound or any of the older phones...glad its working out for you and as long as you're happy.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
You'll be much happier that the Nexus swap got cancelled. Believe me, all the hype over that phone and 4.0 was totally blown out of proportion. And no, MOST apps won't work with 4.0 yet, and you'll play hell debugging the whole thing. You'll get 3 hours out of the battery if you're lucky, the launcher is locked and 3rd party launchers don't work yet, no SD card (because Samsung mangled the file system), it's all plastic and even feels cheap. The only redeeming qual on that phone is the screen, and the Rezound still beats it. Oh, and its boot loader isn't locked down to protect us. But let's be fair and give HTC and Motorola 2-3 years, they'll figure that out eventually. Heck, Motorola can't even come to terms with a replaceable battery.

I think the day the rep called you and cancelled it will prove to be the best day in a while. But don't expect ICS on any of these phones anytime soon. Remember - the Samsung Infuse (last Fall's device-of-the-year) is still stuck on 2.2 - and they promised GB within 30 days of course. Google simply can't police the manufactures - and Apple doesn't have that problem

This is so inaccurate I don't even know where to begin.

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I loved the Nexus as a device, but not as a smartphone. Let me explain. The device itself seemed well built and of high quality (contrary to a lot of opinions out there that it feels cheap). I loved ICS (except soft buttons taking up screen space) and the phone was super snappy. My problem was dropped 4g and 3g everywhere I should be getting it. After 6 days I returned it for the Rezound and haven't been without internet since, where on a daily basis with the Nexus I would go to look up something and have no data connection. So, maybe this is a blessing in disguise?

Also, the Rezound camera takes much better pictures and the screen is noticeably brighter and more vivid. I'd almost go as far as to say the Rezound on about 35% brightness is still more vivid than the Nexus at 100% brightness.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Fair accurate assement.
I respect people's opinions.

If I were new to android, rezound all the way.

I just wanted something different.

I just don't care for the posts that say your phone stinks, mine is better, you are a sucker, I am a winner, etc.

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Fair accurate assement.
I respect people's opinions.

If I were new to android, rezound all the way.

I just wanted something different.

I just don't care for the posts that say your phone stinks, mine is better, you are a sucker, I am a winner, etc.

Agree 100%. In fact, I went with the GN because I wanted something different also, I came from the original Incredible. Like I said, the phone was solid, but I just couldn't deal with not having the internet, email, texts so often until they fix it. Ultimately I am finding I really love the Rezound, and the camera and screen will make me happier in the long run, data issues aside.

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
Verizon agreed to send me a replacement rezound... New one since they have no refurbs... I tried getting them to send the rezound... Being the same price... They didn't want to... Lol...

After 30 days verizon takes over warranty from Amazon...
That is very useful to know. Thank you.

I have had no issues with my phone...the Rezound is rock solid. I have never had better GPS and always have 4G (I live in Denver). I think you just got a bad unit.