FedEx Samsung Signature On Delivery

Status
Not open for further replies.

xchris5442x

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I was fortunate enough to pre-order the Note 9 ahead of time. It showing that FedEx will be delivering it tomorrow but the signature required is bad news for me. I work Mon-Fri 8-5. All my neighbors work so I'm wondering how I am supposed to ever receive my phone. FedEx said tough luck when I called them. They would not deliver later in the day or change the address to my work or my brothers house. They also would not deliver to a FedEx shipping center like UPS does. Has anyone worked with FedEx or Samsung on this issue.

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
Sign up for an account on Fedex and then you should be able to do a "pre sign" on the actual tracking page. I think its up to the driver whether or not they will accept that but, I know its an option for my order. Otherwise you can leave a note with your signature on the door (again this becomes a thing of it being at the drivers discretion.)

xchris5442x

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
thanks for the reply i saw that!

Unfortunately it says this item does not qualify for this option. Go figure. Samsung has this locked up. I dont blame them because of the price point but I have two Nest Cams on my porch so I do not mind it being left there....Im afraid my phone might be stuck in an endless loop of going out for delivery every day and no one there to sign for it since I work during shipping hours. Samsung says contact FedEx, FedEx says its Samsung's issue. I really wish it was sent UPS or USPS on this one...

technutcounselor

Apr 19, 2018
Visit site

Unfortunately it says this item does not qualify for this option. Go figure. Samsung has this locked up. I dont blame them because of the price point but I have two Nest Cams on my porch so I do not mind it being left there....Im afraid my phone might be stuck in an endless loop of going out for delivery every day and no one there to sign for it since I work during shipping hours. Samsung says contact FedEx, FedEx says its Samsung's issue. I really wish it was sent UPS or USPS on this one...
Samsung, Google and Apple all do this. Pretty common.... and ****ty.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

Oh hell no I wouldn't want it sent postal service around here! They suck! Old mail lady always got the mail mixed up. She was fired I guess for so many complaints and it has improved though. Still I would NOT want Postal Service touching it. I hate shipping anything with them.

bigpapa7272

May 27, 2010
Visit site
yes it is ****ty if you ask me, I dont understand why they wouldnt let you hold for pickup at the depot or fedex location.. Honestly holding it for pickup is just as safe since ID would required to pick it up!

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
yes it is ****ty if you ask me, I dont understand why they wouldnt RT you hold for pickup at the depot or fedex location.. Honestly holding it for pickup is just as safe since ID would required to pick it up!

Correct. The local fedex location is only about 5 minutes from me. I'd much rather do that and pick it up when I want to instead of us having to wait around all day wondering when they will come and drop everything we got that day to wait around for a package. I'd rather just wake up at 10am and roll in around noon and pick it up.

JoBudden

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
they will only attempt to deliver 3 times. after they attempt delivery and no one is there. then you can go to the warehouse to pick it up. if you can get there when the driver gets back they will let you pick it up. usually what happens for me.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Sign up for an account on Fedex and then you should be able to do a "pre sign" on the actual tracking page. I think its up to the driver whether or not they will accept that but, I know its an option for my order. Otherwise you can leave a note with your signature on the door (again this becomes a thing of it being at the drivers discretion.)

They don't always allow the options you mention.

cvgjava

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
does it show where it shipped from ? I missed a FedEx shipment that required signature. shows coming from China. I'm not expecting anything else. curious. thanks and good luck.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
they will only attempt to deliver 3 times. after they attempt delivery and no one is there. then you can go to the warehouse to pick it up. if you can get there when the driver gets back they will let you pick it up. usually what happens for me.

Correct but sometimes they will hold it before the 3 day rule. I was told no once by a person but the automated line allowed me leave it held.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
After 3 attempts it gets sent back to the shipper. The first attempt they will leave a door tag that you can sign then they will leave it the next day. After you get that door tag, you might be able to pick it up then.

svtcobra

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Oh hell no I wouldn't want it sent postal service around here! They suck! Old mail lady always got the mail mixed up. She was fired I guess for so many complaints and it has improved though. Still I would NOT want Postal Service touching it. I hate shipping anything with them.

There Post office couldn't manage to deliver mail from you to the house next door!

Status
Not open for further replies.