Finally!! 6.0 OTA

iPhoneTHS

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
It took about 15, maybe a smidge longer, for me earlier. Also, misread your question of what FDR referenced. Apologies...

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I'll believe it all when a LMY48W user claims it works.

Posted via the Android Central App

Same here, I tried it with flashing back a few updates, pulled the Sim card out and did a factory reset, wiped data and cache. I did get all the OTA updates after that including 6.0, but when I put my AT&T Sim card back in the phone I was having terrible cell signal, poor LTE signal. The phone part, phone calls and text / mms was practically unusable. Dropped calls, constant missed calls (phone wouldn't even ring) failed text messages. I just flashed it back to 5.1.1 LMY48W and everything is working fine again. I really think there is something definitely different with the AT&T network. Also this is not an AT&T variant phone, I bought it from the Google Play Store.

Johnny Barbrarelli

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
I was going to side load and everything but adb wouldn't find my nexus 6 under list of devices in my terminal, although under USB connections there it was. Either way, I assume there is something going on here and I should just wait it out.

Robin Hebert

Banned
Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
I was going to side load and everything but adb wouldn't find my nexus 6 under list of devices in my terminal, although under USB connections there it was. Either way, I assume there is something going on here and I should just wait it out.

Try what we did

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
It took about 15, maybe a smidge longer, for me earlier. Also, misread your question of what FDR referenced. Apologies...
FDR =Factory Data Reset

Go to Settings then Backup and Reset. It will erase all you personal data and might (should) upgrade you to Android M 6.0

I think the AT&T version is having issues with 6.0

adamgalas1

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
Then how do I get all my media files, apps, and settings back? I assume that is why you back them up right? I can't imagine many people are willing to permanently delete 1 years+ worth of phone personalization just to get an OS update. Not unless you can get it all back afterwards.

DroidTron

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I hit my breaking point after the November security release of Marshmallow came out this week leaving many of us now 2 updates behind. So I went through the process of installing the full factory image for MRA58N. Yes I had to back up everything important to me since all data gets lost. Fortunately the entire process wasn't too bad. Installation is painless if you follow the steps right. Restoring app settings is a hassle however.

All seems to be working fine so far. My N6 was purchased from Amazon and I'm on T-Mobile.

Disaster

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Backup and restore works well with apps. Cloud storage of pics. Moved everything else to computer when I plugged it into USB.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Then how do I get all my media files, apps, and settings back? I assume that is why you back them up right? I can't imagine many people are willing to permanently delete 1 years+ worth of phone personalization just to get an OS update. Not unless you can get it all back afterwards.
You should have that stuff backed up. What happens if your phone is lost stolen or dies?

Mike Majeski

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site

I've only had my Nexus 6 for a month and a half or so. But, I did the FDR (skipped through all of the Google Sign In and downloaded 6.0. Once the update was installed I did another FDR and then logged into my Google account and restored from my backup. Re-downloaded all my apps, folders, and wallpaper. All I really had to do was redo my settings (alarms, bluetooth, do not disturb) and sign back into apps.

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I hit my breaking point after the November security release of Marshmallow came out this week leaving many of us now 2 updates behind.

I don't care how long it takes--2016 is fine by me--but the Nexus 6 I got through T-Mobile (and which will one day be going back to T-Mobile) is going to be updated via OTA only by Google/T-Mobile (whichever one wants to take credit for it) unless Google/T-Mobile admit defeat and release an official statement telling Nexus 6 owners that the only way they will ever see Marshmallow on their phones is if they, the N6 owners, flash it or sideload it themselves.

"Timely" updates, VoLTE, E911, Band 12 & Wi-Fi Calling are all their responsibilities/promises, not mine. If they want to reduce my monthly bill and re-write the terms of my non-contract, then I'll reconsider my position.

RonW3

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
Re: Marshmallow OTA Update?

I just snagged 6.0 by removing my Verizon sim and doing a factory reset. I reinstalled the sim and rebooted again this time clearing the cache. Phone is faster than ever and so far have not found any issues. Oddly it grabbed build MRA58K and not MRA58N which contains the November security patch.

con5150

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
What a joke , got notice of an Android System Update , got excited, wasn't 6.0...security patch I guess

Last edited:

tokuzumi

May 29, 2010
Visit site
Wow. Two Verizon users with updates around the same time. Hopefully that means I'm right around the corner. Yesterday, my Nexus 7 received the OTA. My Nexus 5 and 7 have the 6.0 love, but the Nexus 6 is on the "old" 5.1.1. Le sigh.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MansiDaware