From what I've witnessed, this phone is not that good.

moonoverparma00

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
My wife's s4, to me, is a real disappointment. Messaging app constantly force closes even after the software update. Its laggy also. Hangouts app won't sign into Google after the Google talk update either. Samsung has not impressed me at all on this one.

Posted via Android Central App

moonoverparma00

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Ah, another one of these to ignore...

Why??? I'm tired of this phone! Already had to return the first one because it locked up so bad and now this new one is doing the same. Sorry if this upsets you but this has gotten old, fast.

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Given your experience I can understand your frustration. I've had my Sprint s4 for almost a month now and my experience is the complete opposite of yours. Very happy with it and it's performance. Not sure what's happening in your case. For the lockups have you tried to pinpoint if there is a specific app getting installed causing it?

moonoverparma00

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Given your experience I can understand your frustration. I've had my Sprint s4 for almost a month now and my experience is the complete opposite of yours. Very happy with it and it's performance. Not sure what's happening in your case. For the lockups have you tried to pinpoint if there is a specific app getting installed causing it?

That's what I'm trying to figure out now. I've never had a phone act this way. My nexus works beautifully so I don't know what apps she's loaded on here that might be causing the problem, if that's the problem. Although, when I reset the first one she had, the messaging app forced closed right away. Also, S Health app force closes too.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
That's what I'm trying to figure out now. I've never had a phone act this way. My nexus works beautifully so I don't know what apps she's loaded on here that might be causing the problem, if that's the problem. Although, when I reset the first one she had, the messaging app forced closed right away. Also, S Health app force closes too.

Since you got an update, did you try wiping the phones cache in recovery?

Sent from a M.O.A.R. Galaxy S3

jhill110

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
My wife's s4, to me, is a real disappointment. Messaging app constantly force closes even after the software update. Its laggy also. Hangouts app won't sign into Google after the Google talk update either. Samsung has not impressed me at all on this one.

Why??? I'm tired of this phone! Already had to return the first one because it locked up so bad and now this new one is doing the same. Sorry if this upsets you but this has gotten old, fast.

Let me guess... You didn't want your wife to go with the GS4... And you tried to apply your nexus type tweaks and since... It's gone south. Factory reset and let it be a GS4... Learn the arguably best phone on the planets ways, be willing and you'll see what an awesome phone it really is. Sure it has its quirks but nothing that can't be overcome. This forum is the place to get it done thanks to all that are willing to help.
Me? Just hang'n around trying to leach knowledge from the knowledgeable.

Sent From The Galaxy VIA Subspace

Last edited:

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site

It annoys me because there wasn't a question attached to your whining about it...this is a forum and people are here to help...you didn't sound like you wanted any...and going on the internet to a forum dedicated to a device and then saying (without saying of course). "I don't like it and you're all stupid for liking it and there's nothing you can do about it..." then expecting people to rally around you like a teenage girl who just got dumped by the teams quarterback is either a very passive aggressive form of trolling...or the worst possible way to share your views to would be buyers.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
It annoys me because there wasn't a question attached to your whining about it...this is a forum and people are here to help...you didn't sound like you wanted any...and going on the internet to a forum dedicated to a device and then saying (without saying of course). "I don't like it and you're all stupid for liking it and there's nothing you can do about it..." then expecting people to rally around you like a teenage girl who just got dumped by the teams quarterback is either a very passive aggressive form of trolling...or the worst possible way to share your views to would be buyers.

Last edited:

jonathan2677

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I have to agree I own a s4 and a one, I want to love both so far I'm absolutely head over heels for the one but the s4 bas been a little hard to feel the same the lag is getting worse with time, especially with typing and real racing 3, I've tried cleaners, disabling unused apps and functions, which brings my next point that most of the smart and air gestures only work half the time I have tried apex and nova but it doesn't help, again not bashing it I'm keeping it with the hopes of future updates fixing or maybe rooting with a rom

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

moonoverparma00

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Well, I factory reset it (second time since owning the phone) and it fixed the hangout sign in but have found that the messaging app will force close when sending or receiving a picture.

moonoverparma00

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I have to agree I own a s4 and a one, I want to love both so far I'm absolutely head over heels for the one but the s4 bas been a little hard to feel the same the lag is getting worse with time, especially with typing and real racing 3, I've tried cleaners, disabling unused apps and functions, which brings my next point that most of the smart and air gestures only work half the time I have tried apex and nova but it doesn't help, again not bashing it I'm keeping it with the hopes of future updates fixing or maybe rooting with a rom

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

We've owned a lot of android phones especially Samsung phones and I've never seen touchwiz slow a phone down this much. Still a great phone though.

tndank

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Well, I factory reset it (second time since owning the phone) and it fixed the hangout sign in but have found that the messaging app will force close when sending or receiving a picture.

There is a known issue right now on the S4 that will force close the messaging app if you're connected to a wifi source with any sort of special characters in the name. Update is on the way from Samsung. That might be what you are seeing.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Have you disabled stock bloatware? Sometimes force closes happen because of a lack of memory. This may help lag too.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Please do not use inappropriate language in the forums.

"Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open.? -courtesy of Albus Dumbledore, via my droid DNA.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Also, I have read every post in this thread, and not one even insinuates that anyone is "stupid for liking it" and yada, yada, yada. I'm all for pointing out when someone is wrong, or standing up for someone's right to express an opinion, but I do not agree with undermining someone else's opinions when they are just stating their experience with a device.

"Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open.? -courtesy of Albus Dumbledore, via my droid DNA.

jhill110

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Also, I have read every post in this thread, and not one even insinuates that anyone is "stupid for liking it" and yada, yada, yada. I'm all for pointing out when someone is wrong, or standing up for someone's right to express an opinion, but I do not agree with undermining someone else's opinions when they are just stating their experience with a device.

Yawn

Sent From The Galaxy VIA Subspace

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danilechadwick