Galaxy S7 - Front Facing Camera - Awful Quality

Cobchris

Jul 31, 2016
Visit site
The front facing cam on my S7 is verging on the ridiculous with this Beauty feature everyone looks like a painting hope it can be resolved as it took me ages to convert to Samsung from HTC.

Willhelm96

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
Did anyone know what the issue is? Took a selfie on a bright day an I had no beauty settings on or anything. I was blurry as if the effect was on an my background is sharp and focused.

Roflmahwaffle

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
Did anyone know what the issue is? Took a selfie on a bright day an I had no beauty settings on or anything. I was blurry as if the effect was on an my background is sharp and focused.
I think its because of the fish eye lens it gots so much compare it with an iphone there is no background only face.In s7 it gets all the details I think thats why it is having a hard time focusing.Try to focus manually on your face by clicking.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I've taken one selfie in my life, still don't get the fascination with one's own life.

LOL, I'm with you! I don't get this fascination with all the selfies especially IN THE CAR! Wonder how many accidents have been caused
by taking a selfie in the car and now we can add the Pokemon GO craze causing accidents :eek:

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
That's exactly what mine started doing today. front facing video is fine, regular selfie pics come out almost black.
It's a bug in the processing software that has yet to be fixed as far as I can tell. Reboot the phone and it clears it temporarily.

TechReviews1

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
Hi, I would personally suggest to factory reset the phone and then try the front camera before putting everything back on the phone. A factory reset will erase everything on the phone but it may fix the problem. Otherwise, I would assume that your unit is defective if nothing is laying over the front camera. Hope this helps!

pnovel1023

Sep 10, 2016
Visit site
Same issue in safe mode.

Can anyone else with a Galaxy S7 confirm the quality of their selfies? My friend just snapped me from his old IPhone.. you can see the hairs and everything... my snaps.. just awful.

(Note: this issue persists on normal camera, safe mode, and other camera apps)

I have the same exact issue. There is nothing covering the lense, I have hard reset the phone, I have gone to samsung at best buy and they hooked up my phone to their computer and they replaced my software with different software and I'm still having the issue. I have had galaxies forever and ever, they've always been awesome. [Being a millenial] I have taken many a selfie lol. I know how it's supposed to look and it's not right. Went to Verizon and they just laughed at me and were very condescending (while the younger guys at best buy saw exactly what I saw). It's just so frustrating because people don't believe you and they think it's user error. I have ZERO apps downloaded on my phone right now and I'm still having issues. Sorry for the rant. Yesterday was a tough day dealing with the old a-hole men at that Verizon store.

MEHRAN RAJA

Sep 12, 2016
Visit site
Which color of your phone is ???

I have the same exact issue. There is nothing covering the lense, I have hard reset the phone, I have gone to samsung at best buy and they hooked up my phone to their computer and they replaced my software with different software and I'm still having the issue. I have had galaxies forever and ever, they've always been awesome. [Being a millenial] I have taken many a selfie lol. I know how it's supposed to look and it's not right. Went to Verizon and they just laughed at me and were very condescending (while the younger guys at best buy saw exactly what I saw). It's just so frustrating because people don't believe you and they think it's user error. I have ZERO apps downloaded on my phone right now and I'm still having issues. Sorry for the rant. Yesterday was a tough day dealing with the old a-hole men at that Verizon store.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jen Ransom

Oct 15, 2016
Visit site
Hello

I just upgraded to a Galaxy S7 from the S4. The front facing camera / selfie mode is awful. You can't see any face wrinkles, hairs, etc. It looks like a blurred face that is out of focus. My Galaxy S4 took much better photos... and i just used my friends Iphone6s and the difference is absurd.

Anyone else have this issue with the front facing camera? Is this a phone defect? Setting issue? Common Problem?

Thanks

DL

Same! It drives me crazy! My S3 took clearer pictures. Everything else on the phone is great but the camera is so horrible. I've tried to change every setting and nothing helps.

HFLDev

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
well i own S7 Edge the front camera is amazing, as @monicakm said
"My S7 takes beautiful front facing photos. I don't seem to have a problem with the foreground/background focusing either. But the front facing camera is set to "Beauty" mode by default. which does exactly as you described. Not difficult to change it. In the bottom right corner of the camera screen, you'll see an icon of a face. Tap on it to open the various effects. The first one to the left is "skin tone". Move the slider all the way to the left and you'll be able to enjoy all your glorious lines and wrinkles and share them with the world. Frankly I'll take the the NO wrinkle setting! <lol> Sliding the bar to the right strengthens the effect.

i notice on front camera blur.. so i gone to "beauty" (head icon on the right bottom) change it to 2 . nice but when to 0 Clear!! so dont say "my selfie camera is awful" apple dont use those fliters . main reason samsung put them. some major amount of users dont love the "freckles" or any skin spots to be show'd so you can adjust it , so next time before you blame samsung google .

pork_billy1

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
im also having this problem planning to buy a new phone and sell my s7 edge, this is annoying !!!! compared my phone on the store and it surely is different, tried to have them fix it but they refuse to see the difference in the pictures! talk about ignored

Last edited by a moderator:

scottwalton

Sep 12, 2016
Visit site
Yep it's rubbish. You think it's ok sometimes as you have settled for the quality. Then some nice person does a selfie on an iPhone and you realise you were wrong and it's bloody terrible

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante