Google Nexus 6P People who have ordered from Huawei

net62957

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
I ordered a 32 GB Graphite on 10/19. At the time, their website showed "Early November" as the expected delivery date. I received my phone on 11/5. I'm sorry that others are having so much trouble with Huawei, my experience with them was fine.

I had a similar experience.........ordered a 32G Graphite on 10/11, received shipping notice the first of November, and received device about 48 hours later. Delivered on time. Never called customer service once.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It took Google just 28 hours to do what Huawei couldn't do for a month. After canceling that order, I reordered yesterday, and got my shipping notice tonight, with tracking to follow. I just pray that the phone isn't refurbished, or that I have to RMA for any reason.

Posted via the Android Central App

Why would a new phone be refurbished? They can't sell a brand new phone and send a refurbished one -- they have to tell you up front it is refurbished.

OpenDoc

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
I checked out Swappa.com and I ordered a 128GB N6P FROST for $625. Payed using PayPal Credit and I will receive the phone on Tuesday.

You will have a hard time obtaining and possibly not at all if you need warranty service from a Swappa-purchased phone. Good luck.

redhawk24

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Just got my shipping label today to send back my device to Huawei. Took longer than initially expected, because they talked to legal about expediting my exchange. I dropped off my phone at the UPS store this afternoon, and once they verify that the phone is in the UPS system, they will release a phone to be sent to me next day air.

Huawei received my phone today, and as such, I have received a tracking number on my return device. They are shipping it second day air (out of Texas), so the current ETA is Tuesday. I was worried I wouldn't get a replacement device until after Christmas after taking just under a month to get my order initially and the holiday rush, so this is much better than anticipated.

TomRubin

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Huawei received my phone today, and as such, I have received a tracking number on my return device. They are shipping it second day air (out of Texas), so the current ETA is Tuesday. I was worried I wouldn't get a replacement device until after Christmas after taking just under a month to get my order initially and the holiday rush, so this is much better than anticipated.

What was wrong with the unit you sent back?

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site

Good to know. I know yours was a special case with the sparking and stuff. Hoping number two is most excellent.

Posted via the Android Central App

only1canoli

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site

Hope you have better luck with ups they I did. Been sitting in Fort Worth ups hub since last night. They said could been the holidays slowing it down or it was to late to ship out, looks like Monday now, Damn it!

Yup

redhawk24

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Hope you have better luck with ups they I did. Been sitting in Fort Worth ups hub since last night. They said could been the holidays slowing it down or it was to late to ship out, looks like Monday now, Damn it!

Yup

Mine is currently sitting in DFW airport as of 5:28 AM local time. We'll have to see how long it sits there.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
just curious, why did most of you decide to go through Huawei? Seems like an awful experience. And if it was because the style you chose wasn't available via Google, why not cancel then reorder from the Play Store once it was in stock?

just doesn't make sense how somebody can receive a phone before somebody that ordered earlier. Do you know if the delayed units were limited to North America? since Huawei has never shipped a significant amount of devices to the US in such a short amount of time, they must've used a distributor they were unfamiliar with, which might be to blame.

Also, their customer service seems like they lacked a lot of information and were only able to provide information you could've figured out yourselves. I wonder if those were existing employees or they hired an outside agency. Hopefully they'll handle any returns much more efficiently.

In the past Google has been a nightmare to deal with at launch, but they made significant strides this year, albeit not perfect. IMO they should've made the frost available in 32GB and offered the gold outside Japan.

Anyway, just curious if there was some sort of incentive to go through them other than "availability."

only1canoli

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Could be because you can make payments. I didn't have any problems ordering mine. Ordered it Nov 28 being delivered tomorrow.

Yup

redhawk24

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I went through Huawei for the ability to finance the device. Otherwise, I would have had to either stay on my Note 4 or upgrade through the T-Mo system.

Guy Katz

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site
just curious, why did most of you decide to go through Huawei? Seems like an awful experience. And if it was because the style you chose wasn't available via Google, why not cancel then reorder from the Play Store once it was in stock?
"
very simple - no sales tax...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whytefrank