Google Nexus 6P People who have ordered from Huawei

zeebone

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I ordered a 32gig Graphite from Huawei on November 30th. Still says processing.

After reading everything within this thread, I'm getting nervous I might be waiting a while. I checked with Huawei this morning through live chat on their website and they told me to expect "mid December shipping notice". Who knows, I'm not terribly confident.

If it weren't for the financing through Affirm, I would go through Google. Does anyone else know where I can get one in the states using financing or am I stuck waiting through Huawei?

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I ordered a 32gig Graphite from Huawei on November 30th. Still says processing.

After reading everything within this thread, I'm getting nervous I might be waiting a while. I checked with Huawei this morning through live chat on their website and they told me to expect "mid December shipping notice". Who knows, I'm not terribly confident.

If it weren't for the financing through Affirm, I would go through Google. Does anyone else know where I can get one in the states using financing or am I stuck waiting through Huawei?

if you qualify through them chances are you'll get approved for a credit card. Most are 0% for at least 15 months. I'd start there. You can also apply for a loan (fixed rate, fixed dollar amount) or line of credit (variable rate) at almost any bank or credit union in the US? The interest on both banking products is typically BT 7-12% depending on your credit.

Poohbear

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Finally received my phone after waiting a bit over a month. Ordered on November 2nd and just got it today. Felt like it took forever, but glad it's finally in my hands.

edit: It was a 64gb graphite.

redhawk24

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Ordered my phone 10/26, and received 11/20. 64 GB Aluminum.

However, I am now in the process of an RMA. Anyone here have any experience doing an RMA through Huawei?

Just got my replacement device from Huawei. Took just over a week from calling to start the process to receiving a phone. Considering it took almost a month to receive my initial order, I was pleasantly surprised with the turnaround on this process. Part of that may be because my phone had a major issue (it almost caught on fire) and they accelerated the process, but it was a pleasant experience nonetheless.

cpaight

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone else know where I can get one in the states using financing or am I stuck waiting through Huawei?

Affirm offers another option that would allow you to buy from Google and still finance it....that's what I did after cancelling my Huawei order. Only catch is you have to front the full amount, and then they deposit that same amount back in your account a few days later, so depending on how limited your budget is that might not be an option.

Login to your Affirm account and click the tab at the top that says "Cards" to get all the info.

Rafael Angel

Dec 9, 2015
Visit site
Ordered 64GB Graphite on November 27th (together with the Watch). Shipped yesterday 1 day air UPS (although I chose free shipping). Tracking shows as arriving today.

DaEXfactoR

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm still patiently waiting for my Nexus 6P (ordered on October 21st) but I wanted to update everyone on the free Bluetooth speaker.
It's actually pretty nice! I got it on Saturday and it sounds good. It's sturdy and rubber coated so it should hold up well. If you were to buy the speaker, it would be worth the $99 price, in my opinion.

Now if my phone would ship, I'd be happy.

Is everyone receiving this bluetooth speaker? Mine should be delivered this morning. With the notification email just coming last night. So that was a pleasant surprise when I checked ny email this morning. But a Bluetooth speaker for the long wait will make me forget all woes. Especially if it a decent one.

Posted via the Android Central App

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Is everyone receiving this bluetooth speaker? Mine should be delivered this morning. With the notification email just coming last night. So that was a pleasant surprise when I checked ny email this morning. But a Bluetooth speaker for the long wait will make me forget all woes. Especially if it a decent one.

It is more than decent. Battery life is meh, but it can get pretty loud. Plus you can take calls on it.

etaoni14

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Update: I ordered my 64gb graphite 6p on 11/30 with estimated shipping of early to mid December. I received mine today after being emailed yesterday morning. Definitely hard to wait, but Huawei fulfilled their shipping date, so I can't be mad. I was a little worried after reading about the pre-order mess, but the financing and this shiny new phone made it totally worth it!

onedollarinmywallet

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Notwithstanding any issues, I will be picking up a new 6P tomorrow (32GB, Aluminium) which supposedly was ordered from Huawei according to the seller. This is to replace my wife's N4 for Christmas. :)

Any tips as to what to check for as far as issues go? I've heard something about issues with the mic?

Do the phone come with a factory screen protector or film on the screen that I can just use for the time being until I decided on a screen protector?

For a case, I was looking at:

Ringke FUSION (which comes with a free screen protector)
Spigen Ultra Hybrid
Verus High Pro Shield

I assume these don't have the issue of the buttons causing a problem of taking screen captures?

Thanks!

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Notwithstanding any issues, I will be picking up a new 6P tomorrow (32GB, Aluminium) which supposedly was ordered from Huawei according to the seller. This is to replace my wife's N4 for Christmas. :)

Any tips as to what to check for as far as issues go? I've heard something about issues with the mic?

Do the phone come with a factory screen protector or film on the screen that I can just use for the time being until I decided on a screen protector?

For a case, I was looking at:

Ringke FUSION (which comes with a free screen protector)
Spigen Ultra Hybrid
Verus High Pro Shield

I assume these don't have the issue of the buttons causing a problem of taking screen captures?

Thanks!

No plastic film, it comes with plastic cover but it has to be removed to access phone. I use a Spigen Rugged which is thin and works great.

Since the phone is aluminum I'd look for scratches. I had to replace mine due to this happening on arrival.

OJMBrooklyn

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
2016 Orders processing time? Google Nexus 6P People who have ordered from Huawei

Anyone order your 6P from the Huawei store in January? If so, any idea on shipping time? I ordered an aluminum 64bg today and am just trying to figure out when I should expect delivery.

queenren

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Re: 2016 Orders processing time? Google Nexus 6P People who have ordered from Huawei

Anyone order your 6P from the Huawei store in January? If so, any idea on shipping time? I ordered an aluminum 64bg today and am just trying to figure out when I should expect delivery.

It's gonna take at least 4 business day before you get a shipping notification. They are slow!! Google store ships same day as long as you order before a certain time though. With Huawei, it takes almost a week. If you ordered today, and I assume you are in the US, don't expect a shipping notification until about Thursday. But once it ships, it will arrive pretty quickly. You may have it by Saturday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumbbunny