EVO Navian

May 31, 2010
Visit site
layoutry.png

Raf

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I have mine organized respectively from left to right as:

Tools/Media/Net Tools-Access-News/Home/Messages Widget/Contacts Favorites/Photo Widget

7a4c4552.png
5ce3f733.png
0f45ec2e.png
a29cb0f2.png
19d88658.png
95367d24-1.png
6fdbcd1b.png

yanks4life

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I too am struggling with this and we should make this a sticky as I find it very useful to get other users ideas as to what to put on different screens. Here is my current layout which I am still messing with to get the way I like it.

I'm still evolving, but for now: pages, based on position in leap view:

center: big time/weather widget, plus 8 apps based on my most used items - Gmail, Handcent, Facebook, Touiteur, People, AppBrain, Internet, and a Favorites Folder from FolderOrganizer App (which is awesome and highly recommend)

middle left: Favorites Widget full screen, but I think I am going to change and put direct call icons as they are faster to access.

middle right: A screen of setting widgets and more used apps, from left to right - Market, Voicemail, Airplane, Wi-Fi, NewsRoom, Multimedia Folder of media related apps, LED Light, 4G, Apps folder, Tools Folder of Tool related apps, Rington Widget, Bluetooth, No-Lock Widget, Battery Left Widget, Profile Widget, GPS

top left: Calendar Items: Have 4x3 Calendar Pad Widget week view, then below have calendar app and Color Note widget

top right: Sports/Extra: ScoreMobile Widget at top, then Sports Tab Widget in Middle, then Android Central Widget at bottom

bottom left: Bookmarks Widget

bottom right: HTC Music Widget, Games Folder with game related apps, and Google Search Bar, but going to rearrange this one

pacha248

Oct 8, 2009
Visit site
I'm using LauncherPro and I think it's the best thing ever. It's still in beta and it force closes sometimes but it's way better then htc's sense.

trooper54

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I really like how every one is doing the whole right to left strip of their layout, are you manually doing this trough a image editor or is there an app that will take all of your screens and array it like that?

EVO Navian

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I really like how every one is doing the whole right to left strip of their layout, are you manually doing this trough a image editor or is there an app that will take all of your screens and array it like that?

I just used shootme app and shot each individually and used paint to connect them together. Takes less than 2 minutes :)

Blubble#AC

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm not quite done organizing, but basically it goes as follows

Screen 1
Settings & service toggles.
4708993437_a8b8b7e5e1_b.jpg

Screen 2
Miscellaneous utilities
4708993671_cd589a4f71_b.jpg

Screen 3 (Main home)
Clock/weather, email, map/nav, voice dial and keyboard settings
4708993885_6e9b41e5d0_b.jpg

Screen 4
Multimedia, camera/camcorder, messaging, social networking
4709634946_9d4b741db5_b.jpg

Screen 5
In progress

All screens have phone, people, messaging and browser(Dolphin HD) on the dock.

badbradd2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I want to use like the clock widget, and calendar widget, etc., but do these use more battery if I have them on my homescreens since they update? Like the clock widget, the time updates continuously.

azkevman

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I want to use like the clock widget, and calendar widget, etc., but do these use more battery if I have them on my homescreens since they update? Like the clock widget, the time updates continuously.

I could be wrong, but I believe it refreshes when the screen is turned on. I don't see how the clock widget would use any more power than the clock display up in the notification bar.