[HOW-TO] Flashable Zip: Install Honeycomb to Internal Memory (eMMC) of Nook Color

EvoUserXXX

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys I am having problems with ADB. I installed android sdk, and followed the instructions from What Is ADB And How To Install It With Android SDK

I followed the instructions but can't get adb to recognize my nook. I have honeycomb running, my brother did it(the way listed here without the ADB part), but the market doesn't work. It searches the apps but I can't download anything. I tried the google framework clear market stop technique and it didn't work. I need help please

I believe this is the part I may be doing wrong:
Open a command prompt window and enter this command:

echo 0x955 >> "%USERPROFILE%\.android\adb_usb.ini"

I enter that and nothing happens, I think something is suppose to happen or its suppose to say something.

erat123

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I installed honeycomb via flashable zip and sometimes I can download apps from the market and other times it acts like it's going to download and then never does. Has anyone had this problem?

Calma10

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys I am having problems with ADB. I installed android sdk, and followed the instructions from What Is ADB And How To Install It With Android SDK

I followed the instructions but can't get adb to recognize my nook. I have honeycomb running, my brother did it(the way listed here without the ADB part), but the market doesn't work. It searches the apps but I can't download anything. I tried the google framework clear market stop technique and it didn't work. I need help please

I believe this is the part I may be doing wrong:
Open a command prompt window and enter this command:

echo 0x955 >> "%USERPROFILE%\.android\adb_usb.ini"

I enter that and nothing happens, I think something is suppose to happen or its suppose to say something.

The guide that you link is pretty good, try this one it is specific for the nook. let me know if it works

NookColor USB ADB - nookDevs

baldbear

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Angry Birds!

Hey I got Angry Birds and Angry Birds seasons to work!

steps (you must have ADB working and a titanium backup of both from a previous nook version)

1. Find the apk files for Angry Birds
2. use ADB to push the apk onto the Nook system/app directory
3. reboot the Nook
4. run titanium backup and restore the DATA from Angry Birds
5. Run it!

EvoUserXXX

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I got adb to work and followed the instructions for the market section and it won't download the files :( it starts for a second and stops... please help. I so desperately want to have market running like others here

Calma10

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
I got adb to work and followed the instructions for the market section and it won't download the files :( it starts for a second and stops... please help. I so desperately want to have market running like others here

I would recomend to try again, the vending file my corupted.

removed both apks
and reboot
download both apk again
and try to install again

let me know if it works

TylerBrown

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Internal Storage only has @1gig visible

I think there should be 8gigs available but mine after HC install only has 1gig visible, and 839mb left. Any ideas?

Thanks for all the hard work, other then the storage thing it seems to work great.

tino

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
OK guys, I think I f'ed up. I flashed Nookie Froyo to the internal memory; and then decide to try Honeycomb. So I reboot to clockworkMod, followed the steps in this guide, did the

"
5. Under mounts/storage, choose format system, then format data, then format boot."

After format boot, the CWM menu stuck without any response. So I long pressed power to turn it off, then I couldn't get it back on anymore.

When I was running froyo I'm pretty sure I had enough battery. Now I don''t know what to do. I am trying to charge it with the official charger now. What can I try?

jkurl15

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
OK guys, I think I f'ed up. I flashed Nookie Froyo to the internal memory; and then decide to try Honeycomb. So I reboot to clockworkMod, followed the steps in this guide, did the

"
5. Under mounts/storage, choose format system, then format data, then format boot."

After format boot, the CWM menu stuck without any response. So I long pressed power to turn it off, then I couldn't get it back on anymore.

When I was running froyo I'm pretty sure I had enough battery. Now I don''t know what to do. I am trying to charge it with the official charger now. What can I try?

Keep trying the long press on the power button sometimes it takes a few times to get it to boot back up. It is pretty hard to brick the nook color.

Flipper

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Hey I got Angry Birds and Angry Birds seasons to work!

steps (you must have ADB working and a titanium backup of both from a previous nook version)

1. Find the apk files for Angry Birds
2. use ADB to push the apk onto the Nook system/app directory
3. reboot the Nook
4. run titanium backup and restore the DATA from Angry Birds
5. Run it!

Hmmm...... Didnt work for me.

Glitch4583

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site

"

I'm in this exact same situation. Cleared system and data fine, cleared boot, CWM locked up so I did a force restart and now since the boot sector is blank, poor NC doesn't have anything to reference for a bootup. I've tried holding down the start button quite a few times and no luck.

- Glitch

tino

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm in this exact same situation. Cleared system and data fine, cleared boot, CWM locked up so I did a force restart and now since the boot sector is blank, poor NC doesn't have anything to reference for a bootup. I've tried holding down the start button quite a few times and no luck.

- Glitch

This shows that CWM is buggy. I am bringing the tablet back to Best Buy. If they have a replacement I will take it but I won't flash the eMMC again. I don't trust current version of ClockworkMod.

packerzphan

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
This shows that CWM is buggy. I am bringing the tablet back to Best Buy. If they have a replacement I will take it but I won't flash the eMMC again. I don't trust current version of ClockworkMod.
Glitch & Tino,

Are you just getting the black screen on bootup? If so, I had the same thing(none of the reboot 8X or hold n at startup worked) and had to follow the instructions on this page:

http://forum.androidcentral.com/bar...5414-how-restore-nook-color-rooted-stock.html

From what I can tell so far, the nook color is almost impossible to brick.

packerzphan

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Also,

Did ya'll happen to put froyo v 0.6.7 on and then format your card on NC? I noticed this in the new version and I think it's what caused my problem:

v 0.6.8

* Corrected improper handling of Format SD Card option - no longer formats /boot!
* Touchscreen enhancements - no need to toggle screen on boot and better responsiveness around the edges - thanks deeper-blue!

tino

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Glitch & Tino,

Are you just getting the black screen on bootup? If so, I had the same thing(none of the reboot 8X or hold n at startup worked) and had to follow the instructions on this page:

http://forum.androidcentral.com/bar...5414-how-restore-nook-color-rooted-stock.html

From what I can tell so far, the nook color is almost impossible to brick.

It doesn't power up at all, there is another guy in neogaf with the bricked NC. The recepe is burn in CWM. I intalled CWM to internal memory thru SD/Nookie Froyo's ROM Manager.

jeepsterguy

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I got my Nook a couple weeks ago, and rooted the first day. It was pretty good once I got Market on. I wanted to speed things up and was missing pinch zoom so I decided to install Froyo with with overclock last weekend. I didn't have a lot of luck on Froyo. Market would not work after the first day. Battery life was good though. I got a little tired of trying to make due, so I installed Honeycomb this morning. First I put everything back to rooted stock, then did the upgrade. It could not have went any better.
There are some issues, but overall, I like it better than Froyo. I replaced Launcher Pro with ADW Launcher. I have had just a few problems with Market. BofA Mobile banking wont install, as well as Kayak and a few others, but otherwise, I have installed 25-30 apps with no real issues noted so far. I did note that some root apps don't seem to run right. CPU Tuner doesn't allow me to change any of the settings.
The biggest issue I see so far is that on Honeycomb my nook chews thru the battery.
I am looking forward to more updates to see just how great this is going to get. A big thank you to the Devs who are putting all the time in to make this happen. Hopefully the next release will help with battery life.

Flipper

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
2-18-20113-19-50PM.jpg

Hello,
As you can see in the pic. My win7 box see's the device and yes I can communicate with it using adb. I have to use a different cable and not the cable it came with thou.

Also as you can see the OS see's the two drives inside the Nook running HC, the microSD card and the internal partition. I also posted a pic in a previous post about this. What is not happening is I cannot access these at all. When I plug in my HTC Incredible I choose the disk drive option and THEN they appear and load and are accessible. But this NC running HC just cannot do this. Is everyone having this problem? Is there an option in the settings that need to be changed to have the computer launch the drives to be active and accessible as in my Phone?

Any help would be appreciated.