[HOW-TO] Flashable Zip: Install Honeycomb to Internal Memory (eMMC) of Nook Color

scorpiorc10

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I am running the flashed HC v4 rom and I want to try Froyo or go back to stock. I have tried a bunch of different clockwork .img files. I have created the bootable SD and verified the files are there but the NC always boots into HC no matter what. Any thoughts or help please.

jkurl15

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
I am running the flashed HC v4 rom and I want to try Froyo or go back to stock. I have tried a bunch of different clockwork .img files. I have created the bootable SD and verified the files are there but the NC always boots into HC no matter what. Any thoughts or help please.

Here is what you can do. Install rom manager and then install clockworkmod. Make sure you have the flashable froyo on you microsd card. After you install clockworkmod select boot into recovery. When clockworkmod starts select install from a sd card. Choose the froyo zip and install and you will have froyo on nook. I have froyo right now. It works pretty good. I would download button savior as it works better that softkeys IMHO. Make sure you have the overclock kernel installed as well. You will need to do a push install on the gapps to have market and others. Hit me up in a pm if you run into trouble.

jkurl15

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
I had a failure right after format boot. my nook frooze then went black. Now it wont do anything at all. Screen is just black. Please help!

Were you installing honeycomb or something else? Try holding the power button for about 20-30 secs and see if it will reboot or turn off.

DeadlyDa

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Hi bobdowns...

You mentioned in your post "...gain access to all of her previously-purchased Nook stuff!".

I just went through the drill, and all is well...except I cannot download anything from my library. Every time I try and download a book I've purchased, I get a pop-up telling me that there is "No such file or directory".

Did you do anything special to the B&N reader to get it working?

Also, do you see any of the images for the books? I see a box with "Image not available" in it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. The install went so smooth, and everything works so well, it would be a shame if i have to fall back to the stock image.

EDIT: Ooops...I'd just spent several hours trying to fix this, but I guess I was too quick in crying for help. Earlier I had resorted to SDFormater to get my microSD back up to 8 Gig, but apparently formatted it using exFAT. Clearly a bad idea. When I restarted the B&N Reader for one last try, I saw a quick pop-up saying something about "no SD found". Hmmm...I had it mounted earlier, and it showed up as an 8 Gig SD.

However after seeing the "no SD" message, when I looked in Settings==>Storage there was no SD mounted. I then found that I could no longer mount the SD at all. I popped it back in the SD reader on my dev box and immediately received a message telling me "you must format the disk"...so I did...this time using FAT32.

All is now well. However I thought I'd post this update in hopes it helps someone else.

Last edited:

trusteelfan

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Try the long hold on the power button and see if that will do anything. Hold it for about 30 secs let go and hold it again for about 10-15 and see what it does.

That didnt do anything either. I dont know what to do. I tried to see if adb can find it but when I have it look for devices its just blank. Maybe I need drivers for the nook?

jkurl15

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
In the froyo thread there is a link for drivers. Download that install it and then hook up your nook. This is one reasoning haven't went to HC yet. I am on froyo.

jkurl15

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
Try this. Pull your sd card out and try the long hold on the power button again. When I installed nook nooter I had to do that for some reason

trusteelfan

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Try this. Pull your sd card out and try the long hold on the power button again. When I installed nook nooter I had to do that for some reason

Ive tried that already also. Im trying to get the drivers now and hopefully adb can find it. Its just hard to see whats going on when the screen is just black. I dont even know if the nook is on.

jkurl15

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
Check the forum over on xda for the flashable HC Rom. I haven't seen anyone w/ your problem yet but it doesn't mean that it hasn't happened. Hopefully the drivers help and you might be able to do an adb reboot will get it back up.

Reactions: trusteelfan

Kage87Z

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site
That didnt do anything either. I dont know what to do. I tried to see if adb can find it but when I have it look for devices its just blank. Maybe I need drivers for the nook?

Had the same issue... don't know if this will work for you but it worked for me:

I plugged the cord into the NC and then hooked it back up to the PC I'd loaded the files with. in a few seconds... the nook booted right up.

I didn't do anything else... pushed no keys, typed no commands... nothing.

It's booted up on it's own ever since.

trusteelfan

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Check the forum over on xda for the flashable HC Rom. I haven't seen anyone w/ your problem yet but it doesn't mean that it hasn't happened. Hopefully the drivers help and you might be able to do an adb reboot will get it back up.

I think I got it fixed. I made a bootable cwr sdcard, pluged into the computer and it came to life in clockwork recovery. Now im flashing a restore zip. Hope it boots when its done.

EvoUserXXX

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
OK I am installing 1.1, now if I get nooter 3.0.0 what exactly is this? is this froyo on the nook? Can I install nooter 3.0 and then install honeycomb when the full version is available?

Can anyone answer this for me. Is it just adding android market to nook? Can I use this while waiting for devs to get full honeycomb?

jkurl15

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
Can anyone answer this for me. Is it just adding android market to nook? Can I use this while waiting for devs to get full honeycomb?

I would put this on and then put froyo nook on your nook color until HC is more stable.

Nooter will allow you to install clockworkmod and root the nook color for you. This will also allow you to pit rim manager on your nook to install CWM and reboot into recovery and then you can flash the froyo rom or HC rom.

Flipper

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Here is a question for everyone:
When you are all done and happy with your new OS on your NC running HC internally.
When you plug the cord in to the USB port, can you access the SDcard you may have in it and also the memory partition inside your NC. Do they appear in My Computer area as a Drive? Mine are grayed out and when trying to access them it says "please insert disk into removable Disk" Windows gives them a letter G and H in my case. In the Device manager they appear. Under rt-click, Manage and storage on "My Computer They do not show. Any thoughts?

PS 1. I use Astro to access my files and it can see my MicroSD 32GB Class 10 Patriot card.
PS 2. When on my phone (Dinc) when ever I plug it in I have to choose the "charge only, HTC Sync, Disk drive, Mobile BroadBand connect" I choose "Disk Drive" so my computer will launch the dives. Is there something like this I am missing to get them to appear.

cobrew

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I can't open any files in Gallery. Has anyone else had this issue?

When I try to open a folder i get

The application Camera (process com.android.gallery) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

Flipper

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I can't open any files in Gallery. Has anyone else had this issue?

When I try to open a folder i get

The application Camera (process com.android.gallery) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

Yes me too. Instead I use the gallery that is in Astro. Gallery crashes always on me.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej