How to: Update your rooted V9/VC baseband Optimus S to VD w/out losing all your data.

O.a.T.

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
It does. Same steps work for v9 to vc, vc to vd, and I'll let you know about v9 to vd but i suspect it's the exact same because the VC and VD package through the updater tool doesn't touch recovery. custom recovery is the key. If you have a custom recovery you can flash anything you want including ROMs which are already rooted which translates into rooting the phone. I'll let you know about v9 to vd just as soon as i hear back from someone.

I can confirm V9 to VD via the LG Updater works correctly with no LG Logo hang in sight :) .

bullman2410

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Will this method work if I'm on:

Baseband version LS670MV8-6038

SW Version: LS670ZV9

Running origional Lego Rom and thunderc 1.2 recovery

Didn't know if baseband version V8 made a difference.

pcubed

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Will this method work if I'm on:

Baseband version LS670MV8-6038

SW Version: LS670ZV9

Running origional Lego Rom and thunderc 1.2 recovery

Didn't know if baseband version V8 made a difference.

You're actually on radio V9, as indicated on the SW version. The baseband version just wasn't changed on that version of Lego Rom.

I was in the same position as you before I updated to VD and now run ThundeROM. Did you check the PM I sent?

Reactions: bullman2410

pcubed

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Ya I did.....cold feet...but here we go, hopefully...

Don't worry. It's all a simple process. I think the hardest part is getting the LG updater running to update the radio. After that, it's nothing you haven't done before. I think the possibility of messing up your phone is pretty slim. :)

Reactions: bullman2410

bullman2410

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Don't worry. It's all a simple process. I think the hardest part is getting the LG updater running to update the radio. After that, it's nothing you haven't done before. I think the possibility of messing up your phone is pretty slim. :)

Just finished updating. Thanks for all your help I really appreciate it.

edgarzonjr

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
im trying to update my phone from V9 to VD and when i plug my phone in ant start the LG Mobile Updater tool it says imrunning V9 and that is the latest version. It wont even find VC orVD. Anyone know what I can do?

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
im trying to update my phone from V9 to VD and when i plug my phone in ant start the LG Mobile Updater tool it says imrunning V9 and that is the latest version. It wont even find VC orVD. Anyone know what I can do?
You have a refurb phone, right? Read the RED warning #1 of the KP500 revert thread in my signature for an explanation.

Then use the reference section of the KP500 revert thread to Force Flash VD.

edgarzonjr

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
You have a refurb phone, right? Read the RED warning #1 of the KP500 revert thread in my signature for an explanation.

Then use the reference section of the KP500 revert thread to Force Flash VD.

Thanks I figured out out last night around midnight after some extensive reading . Sorry for the trouble. I'm glad to report I'm on VD on TR 1.8 Btw not sure if its assumed people who have to do this know it is ls670zvd_12 for version. If its posted somewhere never mind but I didn't see it.

Thanks again

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanks I figured out out last night around midnight after some extensive reading . Sorry for the trouble. I'm glad to report I'm on VD on TR 1.8 Btw not sure if its assumed people who have to do this know it is ls670zvd_12 for version. If its posted somewhere never mind but I didn't see it.
It is there:
http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-...ls670vc-using-kp500-diag-mode.html#post655188
Substitute these steps to Force Flash VD
f) download VC cab (LS670ZVD_12.SD_12.P60675.cab)
h) ren LS670ZVD_12.SD_12.P60675.cab LS670ZVD.cab
i) expected checksum - 6bd5faf21acb951abb7e2c6e8ce39e7d *LS670ZVD.cab
n) cab file - LS670ZVD.cab
o) version - LS670ZVD_12

MrDowntown12

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I need a little clarification from someone who can help me...

I don't actually have an Optimus, my sister does. I just do all the root and update stuff for her. Well she called me and said she's been getting update prompts from LG on her phone.

She is still on baseband V8 or V9 whichever is the one that came with the phone when it first came out. She has an early January build of thunderom and i think thunderc recovery. Whichever was the first recovery developed for the optimus.

She says she wants to update so she'll stop getting the prompts. So her I am trying to figure exactly what to do.

I assume I should update her to the newest baseband. From what i gather or understand, following the instructions in the first post will accomplish this without losing root, correct?

Once I do this, then will any of the roms available work? I think they've all been updated to work with the new basebands right?. I was probably gonna put Lego Rom on there so she can have it just the way she wants.

I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything important, I check in here everynow and then to try and follow the progress, but not being an optimus owner myself, it gets a little confusing trying to follow all the baseband stuff.

Thank you ahead of time

Last edited:

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
First, make sure you make a NANDROID backup regardless of how safe we make it feel.

Yes, you can follow the procedures you mentioned.

You must get the VD update using the LG Software Updater. Do not accept the OTA VC update.

I would also update your recovery to use Zefie's CWMA custom recovery. It has some reset functionality not available in the older recovery and it protects against the LG logo hang when doing resets from within android.

cmags

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Also, assuming someone is rooted and has a custom recovery, whether they have V9 or VC theres really no reason at all NOT to update

I've got 2 reasons I haven't updated from v9 yet - so correct me if there have been fixes for these issues that ive missed...

Tr1.7 (and 1.8?) don't like other kernels so I can't overclock. Also (Ok maybe the same issue) I can't run a cifs enabled kernel like xionia 5+.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawrick