I keep getting sent refurbished phones that don't work? Can I get a different phone of equal value?

dgcamero

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I had three defective Rezounds in a row, and one in my hand in my hand when Verizon sent me my defective Galaxy S3 to replace my defective string of certified like new Rezounds, which was a replacement for my defective string of certified like new Droid Charges. Walking into the store with two defective certified like new phones, I should have demanded a brand new device out of the box right then and there, but I let Samsung fix my Galaxy S3 and it's been peachy for over a year! I think having provable defects in your hand when you walk into a store is the ticket.

Posted via Android Central App

budmonster

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I had three defective Rezounds in a row, and one in my hand in my hand when Verizon sent me my defective Galaxy S3 to replace my defective string of certified like new Rezounds, which was a replacement for my defective string of certified like new Droid Charges. Walking into the store with two defective certified like new phones, I should have demanded a brand new device out of the box right then and there, but I let Samsung fix my Galaxy S3 and it's been peachy for over a year! I think having provable defects in your hand when you walk into a store is the ticket.

Posted via Android Central App

I might have to do that bc the phone rep wouldn't budge, even when the sup got on the phone he gave me problems. I pay almost $200 a month for my phones, prob more once I lose my unl data. I also have vz home phone, internet and tv for around $180. They could carless about there customers unless you have 8 phones.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Old Stoneface

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I've had them swap to a different device for me, but we had to pay the price of a subsidized new device. Didn't have to worry about losing u'ltd data at the time.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm finding that if you have unlimited data they are not doing crap for you, go ahead and leave, they don't care.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

At this point this is true. I have Unlimited Data but I'm eligible for an upgrade. My contract is up so I can walk away as fast as I choose. I've been getting frustrated with static while connected to Bluetooth and now the CLNR is dropping phone signal all together. I'm going onto my 4th Droid Maxx due to this and all Verizon offers me is a replacement Droid Maxx or the "offer" to upgrade and lose Unlimited Data by signing up for a Share Everything plan. Considering I have only 1 line I declined and said even if I did I'd keep my Legacy plan. They said its not possible and when I called them out on it they "found" it in their system as available.

Is this what I pay for? Their customer service is overall good but ever since my contract ended its been misinformation. I don't mind that they won't switch me to a different device because that's their decision to make and their not required to do so. However, don't lie straight to my face and act like I am wrong when I'm not.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
At this point this is true. I have Unlimited Data but I'm eligible for an upgrade. My contract is up so I can walk away as fast as I choose. I've been getting frustrated with static while connected to Bluetooth and now the CLNR is dropping phone signal all together. I'm going onto my 4th Droid Maxx due to this and all Verizon offers me is a replacement Droid Maxx or the "offer" to upgrade and lose Unlimited Data by signing up for a Share Everything plan. Considering I have only 1 line I declined and said even if I did I'd keep my Legacy plan. They said its not possible and when I called them out on it they "found" it in their system as available.

Is this what I pay for? Their customer service is overall good but ever since my contract ended its been misinformation. I don't mind that they won't switch me to a different device because that's their decision to make and their not required to do so. However, don't lie straight to my face and act like I am wrong when I'm not.

Verizon csr has given me inaccurate information a number of times in the past. Although it should not be that way, it doesn't surprise me.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Verizon csr has given me inaccurate information a number of times in the past. Although it should not be that way, it doesn't surprise me.

I have too but ever since my contract ended I've been getting a lot of run around and inaccurate plan information. If you think I'll dump unlimited data, especially with such horrible knowledge shoved upon me, they're mistaken.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I have too but ever since my contract ended I've been getting a lot of run around and inaccurate plan information. If you think I'll dump unlimited data, especially with such horrible knowledge shoved upon me, they're mistaken.

Just as an aside, I called to add insurance the other day. I said I only wanted insurance and warranty. They were pushing total mobile protection or whatever for $10, saying that the insurance plus warranty would be $9.99 already on my note 3, and that total mobile protection would only be a penny more. I said, but wait, my friend was able to get warranty plus insurance under total equipment coverage for $8. Csr said, oh yeah you can do that. I have received some misinformation while under contract too (which I currently am right now)

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Just as an aside, I called to add insurance the other day. I said I only wanted insurance and warranty. They were pushing total mobile protection or whatever for $10, saying that the insurance plus warranty would be $9.99 already on my note 3, and that total mobile protection would only be a penny more. I said, but wait, my friend was able to get warranty plus insurance under total equipment coverage for $8. Csr said, oh yeah you can do that. I have received some misinformation while under contract too (which I currently am right now)

Misinformation comes at all times but I've been so unlucky lately that it seems like its gotten worse. I spoke with a very nice lady who was 18 years old who admitted to me openly she knew very little bout technology and she was still learning the ropes. I had no issue talking to her as she was up front and helped all she could but I was surprised to see her in tech support. She will learn but those that fake it (not her) anger me.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Misinformation comes at all times but I've been so unlucky lately that it seems like its gotten worse. I spoke with a very nice lady who was 18 years old who admitted to me openly she knew very little bout technology and she was still learning the ropes. I had no issue talking to her as she was up front and helped all she could but I was surprised to see her in tech support. She will learn but those that fake it (not her) anger me.

Sometimes I notice that they will say whatever to get you off the phone without having to do work. And usually if keep pressing them in a firm but polite manner, then they will be more accommodating.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aitana135332