If your Sprint pre-order is going to a store like mine, we shall wait

jstnleslie23

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Maybe it goes without saying, but for me I figured we would be able to get them right when they came in. Unfortunately that's not the case. My wife and I's Edges arrived at our Sprint store this morning and we were told that we have to wait until release date. It's going to be a long nine days. I wish I wouldn't have even been notified because now I think it's worse.

tkco

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Are you kidding? I ordered mine at the sprint store and asked for it to be shipped TO the sprint store for better security and accountability. On 3/1 received shipping notification and today on 3/2 ship tracking says it is in town and "out for delivery". I did notice that the tracking says the package is 10 lbs. So I assume it's part of a larger box of them. But I won't be happy if the store insists on holding it that long. I'm going to wait until I see it has been delivered, wait a few hours, then call the store to inquire about picking it up.

My question....if my pre-order would have said "ship to my own address", would it be shipping on the same timetable? Or not ship until next week?

jstnleslie23

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I have dealt with this guy before so I called and ordered them from him over the phone. Like you, for added security, I didn't think twice about ordering it to the store. I believe the guy is a store manager so I don't think there's anyway around it. He said Sprint will not let them sell them before the release date. My wife and I each ordered an Edge, one silver and one gold. So received two shipping notices. One package was 1.5 pounds and the other was 4.5 pounds. He told me that was because one box had our VR in it. So please let me know what comes about with your situation. It sucks knowing that I have to be 2 miles away from our phones just sitting in a box for 9 days.

tkco

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I keep hitting refresh on the UPS tracking site to see if it has been delivered yet.
I should probably give them an hour or two to actually open and process the shipment.

IF I have the same problem as you of them not handing me the phone, I'll wonder what if I had asked to ship to me. When would the ship date have been or will be?

jstnleslie23

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Yeah that's something we probably will never know. I'm very interested to see what comes about. I'm banking they won't do it. I'm hoping for you that they will but he was pretty set at having to wait until the 11th. Where are you located?
'

tkco

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Update....not a good one....Sprint store told me via phone they can't release my device until March 11.
When I pointed out that the store rep told me at time of order there is no difference between ship to store and ship to home, she didn't seem to have an answer. She said "all the phones are being shipped to the store," and further added "all who ordered at the store"
I said "so no Sprint customers are having them shipped to home?" She seemed uncomfortable answering.
I pointed out that IF Sprint customers were receiving devices shipped I am being penalized for ordering at the store".
To be a bit fair, don't have confirmation of any Sprint customers actually receiving a home shipment. We'll probably know that within a day.

Matt Valenzuela

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm a Product Ambassador with Sprint and want to try and help. Although we were able to ship some limited preorders early to customers, those of you who had your order shipped to a retail store should not have your devices held hostage. Stand by while I do some digging.

Matt Valenzuela

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
OK a communication has gone out to the retail stores today instructing them to start contacting customers to come and pick up their preorders. They should NOT be holding your device, they should be releasing them. If you have any problem, please respond here and let me know what store you are dealing with and I will ensure your devices are released personally. Thanks.

jstnleslie23

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I was just told by the guy handling our phones at the Sprint store ( 2909 County Home Rd #2, Goshen, IN 46526 574-875-0750) that they haven't gotten official word yet. He said he's guessing it will come Friday. Am I getting dicked around?

tkco

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
My phone is being held at Sprint Store at 8725 Sheridan Blvd., Westminster, CO 80003
I have not spoken to them since Mr. Valenzuela updated us that stores may be releasing.
Thanks

jstnleslie23

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Email sent to you Matt, thank you for your help. The store that has our phones closes in an hour and twenty minutes so I'm hoping for a miracle. Once again, thank you for your efforts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ab12shady