LG G4 front facing camera not working, even after factory reset and new camera. How can I fix it?

A

AC Question

LG G4 front facing camera not working, even after factory reset and new camera

I got an LG G4 H812 and it was working fine until a few days ago when suddenly using the regular app for front facing shots would fail sporadically, saying "Unfortunately, camera has stopped working." It would work after a few tries and then again stop working. Then, the front facing camera stopped working completely [rear is fine, no issues].

I did a factory reset, cleared cache and no change. Sent it for repair at a local shop [since I misplaced the receipt] and got a new camera in but it still doesn't work!

Any ideas or suggestions? The guy at the shop suggested flashing the original software onto the phone since its not a hardware problem. Isn't that the same as a factory reset?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: LG G4 front facing camera not working, even after factory reset and new camera

No. Reflashing software is not something to be undertaken unless you know what you're doing. You'll need a PC or laptop. There are members here who could guide you if you wish to proceed.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindaoliver