LG v20 - No FM Radio; A Verizon "Get The Runaround" Special! Help Me if You're Annoyed, too.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Re: LG v20 - No FM Radio; A Verizon "Get The Runaround" Special! Help Me if You're Annoyed, too.

I just do not understand why they are not offering the 64 gigabyte and 128 gigabyte versions, considering the S7 and the S7 Edge are the only premium phones with Samsung this year!

To my mind, any phone over $600 retail should be a minimum of 64 gigabyte anyway... But that's just me.
To sell the Note 7. Now it's too late. They are gearing up for s8.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: LG v20 - No FM Radio; A Verizon "Get The Runaround" Special! Help Me if You're Annoyed, too.

I would be surprised if less than 64GB for S8. Concerned though the card slot is removed. One step forward, two back perhaps. That said, if Gear VR is being pushed, it would be silly to remove the slot. Again.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

I would be surprised if less than 64GB for S8. Concerned though the card slot is removed. One step forward, two back perhaps. That said, if Gear VR is being pushed, it would be silly to remove the slot. Again.
I'd trade a VR for an ir blaster any day... Or for a bag of pistachios for that matter. Got no use for vr.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

If they remove the SD card slot they're dumb arses and hopefully the sales take a hit. Totally dumb to remove the slot. Then it is LG for me then.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

Could FM radio be a hidden feature like wifi calling is on the unlocked version as someone stated in another thread they were able to search and find wifi calling on their unlocked v20.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

Could FM radio be a hidden feature like wifi calling is on the unlocked version as someone stated in another thread they were able to search and find wifi calling on their unlocked v20.

No.... It's disabled by software

wayne8821212

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

Pretty much. Verizon just does what they want. I wouldn't be surprised if the real reason was for more data use -- but they'd never admit that since they'd get into some hot water. I especially question it since Sprint has it on and runs CDMA like Verizon so network "issues" are out of the question. All in all though def. not new for them. They have a great network but sometimes they seem to use that as a crutch for "we can do w/e we want" type of thought process.

That attitude was on full display even with the note 7..since VZW was the only carrier to disable device maintenance, ram management and Samsung cloud on the note 7. The good thing was that their devices are unlocked making it easy to bolt to another carrier (which I did with the note 7....going to AT&T). Too bad they are the only show in town where you live. Fortunately for me I got the AT&T V20 and AT&T rivals Verizon in most areas (where do you live by the way?) in terms of coverage. Check into a microcell they work wonders....Not to mention Wi-Fi calling.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

That attitude was on full display even with the note 7..since VZW was the only carrier to disable device maintenance, ram management and Samsung cloud on the note 7. The good thing was that their devices are unlocked making it easy to bolt to another carrier (which I did with the note 7....going to AT&T). Too bad they are the only show in town where you live. Fortunately for me I got the AT&T V20 and AT&T rivals Verizon in most areas (where do you live by the way?) in terms of coverage. Check into a microcell they work wonders....Not to mention Wi-Fi calling.

Huh? I have T-Mobile.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

keep the pressure on vzw they will cave

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

I still hope it shows up in an update someday

mitul_mehta

Apr 16, 2016
Visit site

I wish I knew the answer to that... Verizon won't tell me. The only one that can probably tell you for sure is LG. You might want to try there. If you do find out, please let me know.

It should be ILLEGAL to refuse to tell you when you ask questions like this!!!

Will FM radio work on the unlocked version on any major carrier? Will it work on just Verizon? What about some of the smaller carriers? It should not be this hard to get an answer.

Personally, I've heard that overseas, carriers don't have any say in what works or not on a phone. It's all set by the manufacturer. That's how it should be here. The manufacturer builds a phone and every carrier supports every feature - done. It kind of answers for me just WHY the USA doesn't get phones as good as the rest of the world... OH! you didn't hear about the waterproof LG v34? That's my point... <sigh>
Very true. FM works as expected in India. No carrier has any specific firmware on the phone. We get the phone just as the manufacturer manufactured it.

matther22xdroid

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site

Did you consider grabbing one of these from eBay?

1cef2fab741399adaf67de03b263a576.jpg

silverfang77

Lone Wolf
Nov 6, 2010
Visit site

Did anyone else use the FCC link to report the missing features?

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

Seriously though, having FM built in is a lot smaller than a Walkman. Sometimes retro ain't cool.