LG v20 - No FM Radio; A Verizon "Get The Runaround" Special! Help Me if You're Annoyed, too.

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Re: LG v20 - No FM Radio; A Verizon "Get The Runaround" Special! Help Me if You're Annoyed, too.

Probably a poor choice of words to use in conjunction w/ a Note phone.

LOL, that's funny. That was an accident.

Oops, there I go again.

Seriously though, I didn't mean anything offensive to any previous Note 7 owners. I thought it looked pretty awesome.

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: LG v20 - No FM Radio; A Verizon "Get The Runaround" Special! Help Me if You're Annoyed, too.

Oops, there I go again.

Seriously though, I didn't mean anything offensive to any previous Note 7 owners. I thought it looked pretty awesome.
That's okay... Note 7 owners don't get too bent out of shape about it :) we joke more than anyone!

SupraLB

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site

Well, I'm finishing boxing up both my Verizon v20 and Unlocked v20 to ship back to Verizon & B&H respectively... it's been a good test drive, but the v20 is just not the phone for me, at this time anyway, with Verizon.
Thanks to all who helped me wade through this!

Sorry to see you go. The search for the perfect phone is an endless journey. Just have to pick which features are the utmost important, and go with it.
I like the Moto Z force, Pixel XL, and V20, but they all have their different shortcomings and advantages. To me, wide angle lens and the DAC sound are the top features you just cant replicate elsewhere, so thats why i'm in love with it. Other people have their own likes.

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site

Sorry to see you go. The search for the perfect phone is an endless journey. Just have to pick which features are the utmost important, and go with it.
I like the Moto Z force, Pixel XL, and V20, but they all have their different shortcomings and advantages. To me, wide angle lens and the DAC sound are the top features you just cant replicate elsewhere, so thats why i'm in love with it. Other people have their own likes.
I will miss the music! Samsung needs to pay attention here... if LG would make that sucker waterproof, and stick a stylus on it, and negotiate with Verizon so nothing would get disabled? Samsung would lose a customer... :)

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site

I use Sirius/XM on my phone.

...which either forces you to use your data, or you're not on Verizon, right?

That's the kicker, as they say... this device is touted as being so great for music with that DAC... and... FM radio is disabled not only on Verizon, but on their UN-locked model, too...

Oh, LG... what were you thinking??? <sigh>

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site

Oops, there I go again.

4.jpg

AtTheHop

Nov 20, 2016
Visit site

I am on Verizon but use it in the house using WiFi.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

Good suggestion, good suggestion... I appreciate the input, and I will consider that.

Off the top of my head, for me... 1.) I think the S8 will come out in the Jan/Feb time frame with the option for a larger screen(?) I hope, which I would be more interested in. 2.) As far as the Note 8, I'm hoping for a lot quicker delivery than that! Do you hear me, Samsung? :), and 3.) right now, for the first time in years, I'm on month-to-month on all 4 lines of my plan. I would like to stay in that position for awhile... I've been hearing rumors locally about AT&T putting in a tower south of me, somewhere near the Verizon one. If my carrier options do indeed open up, then I won't be stuck in contracts.

But again, ty for the suggestion.

FWIW, the S7 takes better point and tap pics than the V20 and the FM radio works for the Verizon model :) Next Radio BTW is a great app. Ingenious how they interface web function with the actual FM radio channels.

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site

FWIW, the S7 takes better point and tap pics than the V20 and the FM radio works for the Verizon model :) Next Radio BTW is a great app. Ingenious how they interface web function with the actual FM radio channels.

Ironically, I have NextRadio on my Note 7... LOL! If it wasn't for the 32GB limitation on the S7edge/S7, *and* the fact that to stay off-contract I'd have to pay full price for a 7 month old phone, I'd have likely gone that route, even with the smaller screen. For better or worse, this whole experience has made me fall in love with my Note 7 all over again... :-( a classic tale of star-crossed lovers...

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: LG v20 - No FM Radio; A Verizon &quot;Get The Runaround&quot; Special! Help Me if You're Annoyed, too.

Ironically, I have NextRadio on my Note 7... LOL! If it wasn't for the 32GB limitation on the S7edge/S7, *and* the fact that to stay off-contract I'd have to pay full price for a 7 month old phone, I'd have likely gone that route, even with the smaller screen. For better or worse, this whole experience has made me fall in love with my Note 7 all over again... :-( a classic tale of star-crossed lovers...
I got the S7 for $472 and a $250 Best Buy gift card as well. Using mainly for Gear VR and as a back up. I got around the 32GB constraint issue on my Note 4 by moving some apps to my 256GB Sammy card. I see no performance hit.

With the BB deal you are not on contract and after 30 days can pay the phone off and do the payment program again. The bill is through Verizon. BB is a middleman.

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: LG v20 - No FM Radio; A Verizon &quot;Get The Runaround&quot; Special! Help Me if You're Annoyed, too.

I got the S7 for $472 and a $250 Best Buy gift card as well. Using mainly for Gear VR and as a back up. I got around the 32GB constraint issue on my Note 4 by moving some apps to my 256GB Sammy card. I see no performance hit.

With the BB deal you are not on contract and after 30 days can pay the phone off and do the payment program again. The bill is through Verizon. BB is a middleman.

If/when my Note 7 "Bricks or Burns", I would definitely try that... Thanks.
The issue I have with the 32 GB... I have about 17GB or so of music. I had nothing but trouble trying to move it to an SD card before, the first app I wanted to use not being able to write to the SD card for some Android security thing - can't remember exactly, then I tried another app that did let me put my music on an SD card, an expensive Samsung SD card, but performance was terrible.
I now use Doubletwist, but it's all on the phone.
And I have a lot of Amazon books; you can't move them.
I have about 165 apps I think, and many of them won't let you move them to the SD card either.
I could get by with 64GB, however. I was actually thinking of getting an s6edge (they come in 32/64/128!).
I keep hoping they will bring something larger than a 32GB S7edge to the US...
Do you think they will?
The 32GB only for a premium phone is mind-boggling to me. They must have a bunch of them, I guess.

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

IDK... eBay is scary enough to buy off of, but at least they have buyer protection that I've actually used before...

I've bought from both, but swappa has a better "selling" requirement.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

I agree on more internal storage being best. The S7 for me is mainly to have a dedicated device for Gear VR. This set up actually works out better than using the Note 7 for everything and VR looks better than the Note 7 due to less screen door effect. Also a great backup phone.

Back on subject, it would be nice if LG pulled a Samsung with Verizon and activated the FM function with and update.

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site

I agree on more internal storage being best. The S7 for me is mainly to have a dedicated device for Gear VR. This set up actually works out better than using the Note 7 for everything and VR looks better than the Note 7 due to less screen door effect. Also a great backup phone.

Back on subject, it would be nice if LG pulled a Samsung with Verizon and activated the FM function with and update.
And while they were at it, put it on the unlocked version for people too :)

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

If/when my Note 7 "Bricks or Burns", I would definitely try that... Thanks.
The issue I have with the 32 GB... I have about 17GB or so of music. I had nothing but trouble trying to move it to an SD card before, the first app I wanted to use not being able to write to the SD card for some Android security thing - can't remember exactly, then I tried another app that did let me put my music on an SD card, an expensive Samsung SD card, but performance was terrible.
I now use Doubletwist, but it's all on the phone.
And I have a lot of Amazon books; you can't move them.
I have about 165 apps I think, and many of them won't let you move them to the SD card either.
I could get by with 64GB, however. I was actually thinking of getting an s6edge (they come in 32/64/128!).
I keep hoping they will bring something larger than a 32GB S7edge to the US...
Do you think they will?
The 32GB only for a premium phone is mind-boggling to me. They must have a bunch of them, I guess.
128gb s6 edge is nice but good luck finding one in mint condition. The battery capacity will also take a hit

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site

128gb s6 edge is nice but good luck finding one in mint condition. The battery capacity will also take a hit
I just do not understand why they are not offering the 64 gigabyte and 128 gigabyte versions, considering the S7 and the S7 Edge are the only premium phones with Samsung this year!

To my mind, any phone over $600 retail should be a minimum of 64 gigabyte anyway... But that's just me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TSFDeymos