Llama - Who's Using It and Any Good Examples?

Jan Karel

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
For the GPS part, you can use "application in foreground" as a condition, with all of your GPS apps. Could take a while to configure, but should work.
I tried that on S4 with KitKat but it does not work. I got a message that toggling of GPS is protected to avoid apps from spying on your position.

Scott Mansfield

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
How do you more effectively diagnose conflicts?

I've events which aren't firing. As such the actions aren't being used but I'm not sure which. Anyone have any tips on how best to fix your profiles?

buggy_droid

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone tell me how the backup feature works. I had to hard reset my phone recently and theoretically my settings were backed up in the past. I just don't know where they would have been stored or under what file name. I have an external SD card in my phone, so I'm assuming it's there but can't find anything. Is there a specific type of file? file name? location?

Your settings are not backed up unless you "export data" from the main menu. If you did, you should have "Llama" directory in the root of your internal SD card (should be "sdcard" by default). After reinstalling llama, you would "import data" from the main menu.

Hello there!

I am currently using a Moto G (no root, no custom ROM). Llama has learned my home.
I want to create an event that when at home, turns WiFi ON, turns Sync ON, updates mails, facebook messages etc, turns WiFi OFF, turns Sync OFF, repeating every 30 minutes.
I created an event that does exactly what I want when I run its actions to test it. However, when i leave the event alone to do what it is scheduled to do, it does nothing at all.

Any ideas about what goes wrong?

Your event disabled? If not, check the "recent" tab to see if you are really "at home" the entire time you think you are. Your event repeat itself every 30 minutes, so if you go out of your "home" area (by cell tower switching for example) and then come back in while your event is waiting for the next turn, your event would be triggered again. This will give you a Llama-error "Failed to trigger. Event named <your event> already exists." This will result in some unexpected behaviors. Actually, if you don't have an event to cancel the actions of your repeating event when you go out of your "home" area, what's described above inevitably happens every time you go in and out of your home area.

I tried that on S4 with KitKat but it does not work. I got a message that toggling of GPS is protected to avoid apps from spying on your position.

For security reason, you need to give an app a root privilege to toggle GPS without your explicit consent. No way around it. Except, maybe, some custom roms, such as cyanogenmod.

How do you more effectively diagnose conflicts?

I've events which aren't firing. As such the actions aren't being used but I'm not sure which. Anyone have any tips on how best to fix your profiles?

There is no best/correct way to do it. If your events are not firing, ALL of their actions are not used, not just some of them.
Check your events are enabled.
Check event history ("clock' button in "event" tab) to see whether your events did or didn't fire.
If your events didn't fire, think again your conditions. In the event tab conditions appear green when they are met, red when they aren't. Are all your conditions green? If not, think why they aren't. If they are all green, remember events fire only once when all conditions are met (unless you set it up to repeat). So, if conditions are always green (never turn red), your events fire once then stay silent forever.
Events fired but you don't see the actions you want happening? There are multitude of possible reasons your hardware and software fail to perform desired tasks. Doubt that anyone can diagnose the cause of the problem without even knowing what was supposed to happen.

buggy_droid

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site

I have never seen any conditions shown in yellow so I just guessed your work area either has not been learned or contains cell towers of unknown type.
If cell towers in your work area all have proper cell id's (instead of -1:-1:-1:-1), I have no clue why the conditions should appear yellow.

If you use LTE, you might want to
1. turn LTE off,
2. re-learn your work area with LTE turned off, and
3. keep LTE off when & where you want Llama to recognize cell towers around you (i.e., pretty much any time you want Llama to function properly).

icklepriest

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I've been using Llama for a week or so and it's great! Just got a quick question (This may have been asked before but I've looked through the thread and can't see it)...

Is it possible to create an action based on receiving a call from a specific contact? For example, if I've misplaced my phone and it's on silent, I'd like to be able to call my phone from my wife's phone and for a sound to be played.

TIA

Olivier D

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I've been using Llama for a week or so and it's great! Just got a quick question (This may have been asked before but I've looked through the thread and can't see it)...

Is it possible to create an action based on receiving a call from a specific contact? For example, if I've misplaced my phone and it's on silent, I'd like to be able to call my phone from my wife's phone and for a sound to be played.

TIA

It's not an action but a Llama profile option.

Edit the silent profile in Llama, at the bottom you'll find a noisy contacts setting. There you can add your wife's contact and set a volume for the ringer too.

It'll only work on Llama's Silent profile when it's activated obviously

shinra00

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi there how are you? So i´ve been using llama not for that long but i managed to configure my need thanks to your previous posts :)

Make sound when charged, when battery goes bellow 20% and 7% and to turn wifi on off when leaving home / work. thank you!

But now i cannot manage to configure one that is pretty important since i travel alot to places without mobile network. i do know that finding network is what deplets the battery the most and therefore i would like to have a Llama setting that could help me out.

What i´m looking for is something like this:

1. If no network connection for more then 20 min (because i may enter a garage or basement without connectivity)

2. Then: Turn mobile network off for 20min

3. After this 20 min with mobile network off i would like

4. to turn Mobile network ON for.. (idk 10 min seems reasonable to get a connection) ON for 10 min

5. If it connects to any network stop the process,

6. If there is no still no network go back to step 2. and so on.

Sorry for the long post and i really hope anyone can help me out here.

Thank you very much in advance, regards!

anon8164182

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I messed this post up, ha. I mean to quote this:

"@edithswanneck
It is possible

1) Install a script editor, either Script Manager, or SL4A.
2) Write a script to delete your files using the script editor you chose in 1).
Sample script here.
3) Use locale plugin action (SL4A) or application shortcut action (Script Manager) in Llama to run your script."

And this was my reply:

So I finally got round to doing this. I've managed to get it to delete a file, but because the temp files I'm wanting to delete always have different file names I'm not sure what to do now. I tried writing a script to delete the folder that contains the temp files, but it just says something like 'failed, can't delete a directory'.

Is there a way to either delete directories or to delete all the contents of a directoy? I've tried googling it but not had much luck - it's a bit over my head! Thanks.

kpoverdorf

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Hello Llama users! I am having trouble with using Llama and setting temp sound profiles. Sometimes I am in a meeting or just need to temporarily set my phone to silent but with my Llama profiles my phone will automatically set the volume back to high or what ever the current profile is. Is there a way to force override the Llama profiles?

raino

Q&A Team
Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Hello Llama users! I am having trouble with using Llama and setting temp sound profiles. Sometimes I am in a meeting or just need to temporarily set my phone to silent but with my Llama profiles my phone will automatically set the volume back to high or what ever the current profile is. Is there a way to force override the Llama profiles?
At the bottom, do you see a grey status bar of sorts? You should be a padlock icon there. If you click on it, it's supposed to lock in the last active profile.

kpoverdorf

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
At the bottom, do you see a grey status bar of sorts? You should be a padlock icon there. If you click on it, it's supposed to lock in the last active profile.

Ahhhh So I can just hop into Llama, set it to silent and hit the padlock to ensure it stays silent. Thank you for that.

Are there any nifty ways to use Llama to set a temporary sound profile that is on a timer? I used to use the Silent Time app's Quick Quiet option which is nice but I am looking to consolidate my apps.

happy_bunny

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
I am trying to use llama to control whether or not my alarm goes off depending on my location but I'm not sure how to go about it.

I basically have alarms for tasks I have to do at set times when I'm at work but I don't want it going off if I'm not in work. My old phone had a location setting in the built in alarm clock which was great but my new one doesn't have it.

Thanks for reading

dirkc

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Hi there,
started using Llama since one week which gives me better results than Profile Scheduler before, but some questions:

Recent problem with bluetooth connections to car from Android 4.2 on (> Huawei P6 / car Opel Zafira tourer with BT)
Before was able to connect directly , now I need to do some tricks. This BT problem is discussed on many fora but until now seen no real solutions.
When bluetooth is on my car will recognize a bluetooth signal but not make a connection. If I then switch off BT en then switch on BT it makes a connection. Can this be done automatically with Llame ?
When leaving 'home' or 'work' bluetooth is switched on on my Phone (after screen on) but I want to have a BT off/ BT on sequence to connect with my car.
Can anyone help me on this ?
grtz,
Dirk

buggy_droid

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi there how are you? So i´ve been using llama not for that long but i managed to configure my need thanks to your previous posts :)

Make sound when charged, when battery goes bellow 20% and 7% and to turn wifi on off when leaving home / work. thank you!

But now i cannot manage to configure one that is pretty important since i travel alot to places without mobile network. i do know that finding network is what deplets the battery the most and therefore i would like to have a Llama setting that could help me out.

What i´m looking for is something like this:

1. If no network connection
This is your condition. Make adjustment below in "advanced" option.
Delay 10 min. Repeat every 30 min indefinitely. Cancel if condition changed.

Now actions. Queue this event with a 10 min wait.
2. Then: Turn mobile network off

And queue this event with a 30 min wait.
4. to turn Mobile network ON

5. If it connects to any network stop the process,
The whole event should be canceled when condition changes

6. If there is no still no network go back to step 2. and so on.
Else the event repeats.

buggy_droid

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Wildcard comes to mind.

rm -r /sdcard/temp/*

I don't use this line. I haven't tested it. Make sure to backup your sdcard before testing.

I messed this post up, ha. I mean to quote this:

"@edithswanneck
It is possible

1) Install a script editor, either Script Manager, or SL4A.
2) Write a script to delete your files using the script editor you chose in 1).
Sample script here.
3) Use locale plugin action (SL4A) or application shortcut action (Script Manager) in Llama to run your script."

And this was my reply:

So I finally got round to doing this. I've managed to get it to delete a file, but because the temp files I'm wanting to delete always have different file names I'm not sure what to do now. I tried writing a script to delete the folder that contains the temp files, but it just says something like 'failed, can't delete a directory'.

Is there a way to either delete directories or to delete all the contents of a directoy? I've tried googling it but not had much luck - it's a bit over my head! Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aitana135332