Nexus 4: Net10, can send MMS but can not receive MMS

Brad Webb

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: Net10, can send MMS but can not receive MMS

one might try flashing a different rom on their phone if they insist on using the stock messenging app with net10 but im happy with the gosms app. Of course doing this would require root access.

caryzub

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site

was having the same issue of being able to send mms but not recieve them on my Pantech Burst running ics. I dloaded GOsms pro and it works flawlessly.I can send and recieve mms now. I do not know what is up with the stock messenger. AT&T must have some sort of lock on it or something. BTW i am using the following apn settings.

Name: NET10
APN: tfdata
Port: 80
MMSC: http://mms-tf.net
MMS proxy: mms3.tracfone.com
MMS port: 80
MCC: 310
MNC: 410
APN type: default,admin,fota,mms,supl,hipri
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4

this almost works. i got it working by having the APN type as default,supl,mms

TECH HIGH CORP

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site

:) Hi guys here is the configuration that works for me after several hours ... ;) ..

Name: Net10
APN : tfdata
APN type: default,mms,supl,wap
MMS proxy: 66.209.11.33
APN protocol: IPv4/IPv6
APN roaming protocol: IPv4/IPv6

I TESTED RIGHT NOW AND I WAS ABLE TO SEND AND RECEIVE

Coastal Sunbelt

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site

Para todos aquellos con problemas de MMS o Internet en NET10 i just found the solutions,.. really great signal ATT bands with low price

Hi guys here is the configuration that works for me after several hours ... ..

Name: Net10
APN : tfdata
APN type: default,mms,supl,wap
MMSC: http://mms-tf.net/
MMS proxy: 66.209.11.33
APN protocol: IPv4/IPv6
APN roaming protocol: IPv4/IPv6

I TESTED RIGHT NOW AND I WAS ABLE TO SEND AND RECEIVE

adamspt2

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site

I was having the same issue on StraightTalk. Called customer support; no help. After trying 78 different APN settings (roughly), I had my number ported to T-Mobile. Got a new SIM card. Still have the same problem. Called customer support who decided the issue was not my phone, but the 10 friends (different carriers, different phones) who I couldn't receive MMS from clearly had an issue. Went to a T-Mobile store. They worked with me for over an hour. They called support and talked to them for a good while. At the very end, the tech on the other end of the phone says 'Oh, yes. This is a 'global issue' and it's scheduled to be resolved on the 28th.' WTH? My MMS still doesn't work. I can't imagine it's suddenly going to be fixed in a couple of days. But with this thread and all the stuff I found about StraightTalk, it does seem like there is something going on that is about the network and not about our individual phones/setups.

brittbrat19932003

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site

I have HTC one X at&t phone, but I am using net10 service plan. I could receive pictures just fine, however a couple days ago it quit working. I called net10 and they basically told me there was nothing they could do. I have changed my APN settings multiple times, non of them work. It is just so frustrating that I can send pictures, use the internet and everything perfectly fine, its just I cant download the pictures people send me! HELP?!?!?!

brittbrat19932003

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site

was having the same issue of being able to send mms but not recieve them on my Pantech Burst running ics. I dloaded GOsms pro and it works flawlessly.I can send and recieve mms now. I do not know what is up with the stock messenger. AT&T must have some sort of lock on it or something. BTW i am using the following apn settings.

I tried this and it said my mobile network was connected but it still wont let me download pics :( anymore suggestions?

twistederanch

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site

Thanks Doc, this was the setting that I FINALLY got to work after a week of driving myself nuts trying to figure it out. I'm on a Google Nexus 4, if anyone else out there has the issue :).

Rick Price

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site

I have a Sumsung Captivate Glide and HAD been having the same problems. One person told me that Net10 had 2 different types of SIM cards for ATT. Tried several settings and nothing seemed to work. I saw that someone said to use GOSMS app, figured why not couldn't hurt. GLAD I did now I am receiving pictures on my phone for the first time on Net10 network. Thanks for all the help. I am using the settings listed above on other posts.

rjanvie1

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site

I got my Samsung Galaxy Note, the international version. Which APN would work using Net10?

dougeetx

Pimpin' Ain't Easy
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site

I got my Samsung Galaxy Note, the international version. Which APN would work using Net10?

Make sure to download GO SMS Pro first from the market and then you can use the default ones to get everything to work. Go to settings-advanced-mms settings and update the appropriate fields. Message me or reply here if you can't get it to work.

lehonea

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site

Thank you Doc. That worked like a charm for me. I have data,text and able to receive text pictures. First time I have been able to do all three. Be careful typing it though. My typing app(swiftkey) wanted to put a space after each coma and it did not work untill I noticed what was happening and removed blank spaces. This worked on my Nexus 4 btw. good luck all

Here's the APN settings:

Name: net10
MMS Proxy: mms3.tracfone.com

Last edited:

DjangoHennessey

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site

These settings worked for me. I have a Samsung Galaxy Note I. Had to reboot and tested fine.

cjdcjd

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site

SUCCESS!!!!!!!

Under "APN type" the default was blank, WHICH IS WHAT NET10 TOLD ME TO PUT, but I couldn't download picture messages. Once I changed APN type to "default,admin,fota,mms,supl,hipri" and waited a few minutes it worked!!!!!

Here are the settings I use for my Galaxy SIII with AT&T phone using Net10

gattboy

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site

THANKS DOC...

that post was the correct answer for my phone, (Sony MK16a factory unlocked)... I was fine with data but no MMS working

So, its the correct APN settings that Net10 provides on the website, BUT BUT BUT you need to add in all those APN types too!

Good job figuring this one out, I searched and found DOZENS of forums asking this exact question with few/none answers, until yours...

cjdcjd

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site

Exactly, APN TYPE SHOULD NOT BE BLANK!!!! This was the problem. Put in the values I listed above.

Gordon McDaniel

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site

setzkor...you're heroic. You've saved my relationship with my wife. She is now able to get mms because I changed the settings according to your suggestions. Tks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MansiDaware