Official I got the OTA DL09 update discussion. See Post #2 for problems/solutions!

KharyMcFly

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I've downloaded the update and now when I connect to a computer it no longer ask me to mount my SD card. Is anyone else having this same issue?

dbryant11

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
Couple of days in, few new issues. One, the 4 buttons at bottom don't stay on full time with screen anymore, (wasn't a big deal, just sayin'), "highlighting an address" doesn't give me a navigation option anymore, (that's a bummer) and when trying to go into the hidden codes to change default volumes, etc, it won't let me "save." The previous changes are ok, (yeah, nav still loud) but trying to change new ones, no go. Thoughts? Thanks!

Last edited:

jorger81#AC

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Almost a day with the "Update", which is seeming more like a downgrade. I mean the GPS is great now for locking on but here are a few things I've noticed in the last 24hrs.

1. MOST Importantly the Battery acts like a leach is attached to it. Drains faster than ever. I tried to remove/re-insert battery twice, nothing changed. I also turned off the GPS, even though the new white target icon next to the 3Gicon is actually gps which is always running and cant be shut off.

2. Swype doesnt always capitalize the first letter when you start typing and seems more touchy than ever. Sometimes it capitalizes the first letter of the first two words you type.. idk wtf is going on with that.

3. Power button doesnt always work to wake the phone from sleep on the first try. This is most annoying when reading a text/email and it turns the screen off then the power button is delayed in turning the screen back on.

4. My saved Google bookmark will still not identify my location (with gps on).

I am holding off on downloading the update to my wifes phone because I havent seen anything that made this worth my while.

Anyone with answers, idea's ??

girlymissjulie

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
So far I'm actually liking the update, although it sounds like I'm in the minority.

The fact that it won't mount to Windows now is a horrible bug, for sure, but just not one that really affects me much - I use Linux as my main computer (which it mounts fine on) and don't even use usb mounting to transfer files anyway, I use SugarSync to transfer files to and from my computer and phone.

The gps is a bonus because it locks super fast now and I'm able to use Spoty successfully.

The Swype bug I'm also hearing about, again, doesn't really affect me because I ditched Swype a couple of weeks ago for Smart Keyboard Pro - Swype just couldn't keep up with how fast I needed to type and I hated how it never got a double letter right unless I swirled on the key for about 30 seconds. Smart Keyboard's prediction is amazing and I can type as fast with this as I can with a normal keyboard.

I also haven't noticed any difference in battery life at all - I could barely get through the day without a charge and its definitely no better or worse than it was before.

I have also noticed that my phone is a lot zippier since the update - a lot of the lag I was experiencing before I haven't had any of yet.

I also had disabled the lock screen in the hidden menus before the update and, luckily it stuck and I still don't have the hassle of a lock screen, so I don't have any experience of lag with it either.

I do remember having the problem of the power button not waking the screen on the first push before the update - haven't had it happen since, but I'm not sure that is an update thing. Another good thing about disabling the lock screen is that I now use the volume keys to unlock my phone - much more natural to grab my phone and use my finger to turn on the screen instead of having to precisely press that little power button with my thumb.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab using Tapatalk

texasinaz

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
having issues with facebook programs since the dl09 update. zynga poker does not load "Error, Could not connect to facebook. please try again." program never loads, no problems before dl09.

raftguide3r

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I updated last night. So far I've noticed that my phone locks more often and my Exchange email isn't working...even though it appears to still be setup correctly no emails have come in since I updated.

jpprice

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I have been using the update for quite a few days now and I'm really like it so far. As far as the mounting issue goes, I just turn on USB debugging and it seems to mount fine. It's annoying, but nothing to worry too much about.

I also find that the phone seems to be alot snappier. It seems to open programs faster and not lag like it used to before the update. The GPS locking is also MUCH improved.

jack22182

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I updated last night. So far I've noticed that my phone locks more often and my Exchange email isn't working...even though it appears to still be setup correctly no emails have come in since I updated.

Same issue here, fixed by changing Account Settings>Advanced Settings>Email Size from "Headers Only" to "Maximum Size". Also works ok with "100 KB".

Good luck!

Jack

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I went to stock dl01, got the OTA update, rooted and just noticed a lot of small irritating stuff. Like no haptic, no custom boot animations, sd card mounting among other things.
Tried lots of roms and kernels too.
Now I'm back on dj05/adrynalyne 12/30 and its all good. Staying here till froyo :p

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I went to stock dl01, got the OTA update, rooted and just noticed a lot of small irritating stuff. Like no haptic, no custom boot animations, sd card mounting among other things.
Now I'm back on dj05/adrynalyne 12/30 and its all good. Staying here till froyo :p

Don't blame you -- I've already recommended a few people who are on DL05 and not having issues with it to just stay put :p

btbandroid

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
after the update, i no longer have audio through google listen, pandora, or music player once the screen shuts off. what's going on?

If there's a thread for this somewhere else, i didn't find it.

Last edited:

gemni73

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
Go to settings> location and security.... You have assisted gps and google location checked

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

ah ha! thanks for the question and the answer because I was wondering what the heck that was. also, I woke up at 3 am to a pinkish screen saying update was available and phone would automatically update and reboot...Iclicked ok and that was it. I fell asleep and woke again at 5am and the update was there and I love the smoothness of it and the bottom lights staying lit longer. I just feel like I was supposed to do something else and the process should've taken longer like with my blackberries.

brandon2012

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Not really a problem but its very annoying.. Whenever I type in the text box, doesnt matter what for, email, msm, the keyboard would get stuck on capitalizing the very first two letter from the beginning..
Ex. TAp, instead of Tap..
Very annoying...this only happen after the update...wasnt doing it before..

What can I do?

jnewell

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site

I'd love to be wrong, but it could be a long wait. :(

kalnel#WN

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Boy, this update has been a total fail for me (unrooted, stock). My phone is now so laggy that it's a 50-50 shot a program will even open on the first try. I'm having a terrible time making calls, too -- screen freezes when I try to answer, call doesn't go through when I make one.

Verizon Navigator is also broken, which is really annoying, since Google Nav's volume is even lower than before.

No changes on GPS -- still off by 200 yards or more.

So frustrating...

scottaw

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Now running with latest update and have run into an issue with the volume of the alert sound for calendar events - basically the volume is cranked up, and I can't find a way to reduce the volume. I've looked everywhere.... Any one have ideas on how to control the volume of these alerts?

dwmason78

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Rooted Fasciante:
Update took about 5 minutes. The update removed root access. VZW location services turned on by default. Bottom buttons remain illuminated until display dims before timeout.
Will attempt re-root using rage.bin method.

Mourningdark

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Some Issues I have run into, would be I saw under battery use sensorsever_ya using up some battery, and have never seen this before. Also getting first two letters capitalized. Weather bug also no longer works and constantly fc. Gps is fixed though. Also noticed that sometimes the phone seems more laggy.
Am I alone in this or are there some fixes?

nickf126

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I am calling B.S. on this one, guys

Ok so I have had the same problem that others are reporting, where the phone shows up as a CD-ROM drive when it is plugged in via USB after the DL09 update.

I have a stock phone. I sent in two emails to Verizon complaing about this problem. A guy from their tech support department called me back a few minutes ago, and told me to plug in the phone via USB. Wouldn't you know, now I can mount it as a USB drive. I just don't get it. I tried doing the exact same thing 10 times before he called me.

It is my opinion that Verizon pushed out some sort of silent update. Is that even possible? Either way, it is fixed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xak47d