[Official] July 25th Update - Links first post, and/or page 72

skinneejay

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Re: [Rumor] July 11th Update

The update was said to be coming out in small amounts at a time. So some people might see it today. Some might see it tomrorow and so on. Usually Sprint doesn't drop the updates until 5pm or so. I bet if the date is true most won't see the update until Tues or Weds night.

esoh

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site

The update was said to be coming out in small amounts at a time. So some people might see it today. Some might see it tomrorow and so on. Usually Sprint doesn't drop the updates until 5pm or so. I bet if the date is true most won't see the update until Tues or Weds night.

My understanding was that the rollout was for forced updates, but that if you went into "System Updates" and requested it, you could inititate yourself. Can anyone confirm this?

Deacon#AC

May 16, 2011
Visit site

My understanding was that the rollout was for forced updates, but that if you went into "System Updates" and requested it, you could inititate yourself. Can anyone confirm this?
If I go into system updates it simply says "You system is currently up to date" with no option to force an update.

wstevens

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site

If I go into system updates it simply says "You system is currently up to date" with no option to force an update.

I thought with a Nexus device, the way to force an update was to dial *#*#CHECKIN#*#* from the dialer.

I get a "checkin succeeded" message when I do this, but no update yet...

esoh

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site

I'm getting that too, but that's because I don't think anyone has gotten it yet. I would expect that if it was out yet, we'd know about it.

RussK

May 17, 2010
Visit site

I thought with a Nexus device, the way to force an update was to dial *#*#CHECKIN#*#* from the dialer.

I get a "checkin succeeded" message when I do this, but no update yet...

Thanks good to know. So when the update is live, we can dial this to force it to check for the update?

clindner

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site

Anyone else find it strange that none of the forum admins that claimed to have inside contacts at Sprint, and have known about them testing other basebands, have posted here to confirm that this was happening?

I'm guessing it isn't happening yet.

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site

Yet.

I can't recall any update on any platform on Sprint that didn't come late afternoon or late at night.

crailey01

May 8, 2011
Visit site

Well....anyone who owns a NS4G knows that this update needs to happen ASAP. That's one reason I don't use mine for the moment.

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site

No, not "anyone." Mine and plenty others work flawlessly.

Whenever an update isn't dropped at the ass crack of dawn, people start flipping out.

Reactions: j_grouchy

piaband

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Well....anyone who owns a NS4G knows that this update needs to happen ASAP. That's one reason I don't use mine for the moment.

I own a NS4G and I dont need it at all. Mine works perfect. Dont speak like you are the master of the universe.

enik

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site

I own a NS4G and I dont need it at all. Mine works perfect. Dont speak like you are the master of the universe.

In all fairness anyone who has a NS4G with the signal issues needs the update ASAP. Though thats not everyone.

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site

In all fairness anyone who has a NS4G with the signal issues needs the update ASAP. Though thats not everyone.
Most definitely.

The whole mob mentality demanding instant gratification is such a bore though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali