[Official] July 25th Update - Links first post, and/or page 72

enik

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Rumor] July 11th Update

Most definitely.

The whole mob mentality demanding instant gratification is such a bore though.

I understand that point but when you pay 200 bucks for something that doesn't work as advertised... It makes you a tiny bit upset.

AndroidOne

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site

As I said a few days ago, the rumored update even to this day remains that, just a rumor. All the articles I have seen on the net about this update refer to the same source and pic posted on AC main page earlier. No new info, no (un)official word from anyone involved about it. I don't remember Google OS updates that didn't come with some official tweet or post on the Google blog days before release indicating the fixes and date of release. Even Sprint makes an official update anouncement about a day or so before an update rolls out... with this update (some blogs have called Android 2.3.5) nothing, not a peep... very strange.

Hope I am wrong but I suspect there will be no update coming today. :mad:

clindner

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site

Just because some of you don't have problems doesn't mean your phone doesn't need the update. Really what it means is that you are in areas where you don't have signal problems.

I've mentioned before that if there are indeed some phones that work "perfectly" and others that don't, then no software update is likely to fix the ones that don't work. It would rather mean that some phones have issues, and need to be replaced.

I love the phone, but it certainly has issues. Data and volume are two that come to my mind. Mine won't hold anything but the strongest 4G signal. Also, the earpiece volume on a call is so loud that it almost sounds like the speakerphone, but the ringer volumes are so low I can't hear calls or other notifications if there's any noise going on.

So, if you aren't having problems with your phone in the area you use it in, that's great. But don't think your phone doesn't have the same issues as the rest...

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site

I understand that point but when you pay 200 bucks for something that doesn't work as advertised... It makes you a tiny bit upset.
Of course and that's totally understandable. But some people just cannot be satisfied. First they're mad that the phone is giving them problems, then they're mad that the RUMORED update wasn't sitting there waiting for them while they have their morning coffee. Next they're mad that......

etc etc etc

AndroidOne

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site

Can we please stop this constant bickering about the signal issue fix already... the rumored update is not only about signal issues; acording to the original post it will provide other things all of us can use such as 4G toggle, enhancement to loudspeaker volume and security improvments to the NFC software that will allow all of us to participate on Google Wallet if we so choose.

Give it a rest already!!!!

enik

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Of course and that's totally understandable. But some people just cannot be satisfied. First they're mad that the phone is giving them problems, then they're mad that the RUMORED update wasn't sitting there waiting for them while they have their morning coffee. Next they're mad that......

etc etc etc

Sad but true

From Nexus with love

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site

Somebody in the Android -> Gingerbread section of this forum claimed that a friend of his who works for Google had 2.3.5 on his NS4G over the 4th weekend.

:stirpot:

eze036

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site

if my nexus is rooted running cyanogenmod 7 nightly...i dont have the option on phone now saying to update device..how would i get the update..do i just unroot??

enik

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site

if my nexus is rooted running cyanogenmod 7 nightly...i dont have the option on phone now saying to update device..how would i get the update..do i just unroot??
Download one of the stock roms off Rom manager and install it. you won't have to lose root.

crailey01

May 8, 2011
Visit site

No, not "anyone." Mine and plenty others work flawlessly.

Whenever an update isn't dropped at the ass crack of dawn, people start flipping out.

Chud,(Chump)
Well I'm happy that your's and the few others work flawlessly, but for the rest of us who spent top $$$ for the NS4G and having signal issues, etc. need the update ASAP. If the NS4G was so perfect...why is this forum full of people complaining about it?

Seven2k

May 17, 2010
Visit site
July update...update

Wanted to see if anyone has received the update that was suppose to be out today.

Last edited:

crailey01

May 8, 2011
Visit site

I own a NS4G and I dont need it at all. Mine works perfect. Dont speak like you are the master of the universe.

Then why are there so many people on this forum complaining about it then.....
If your's is working so perfectly, why are you even looking for the July 11th Update?!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hellofello