Optimus s flashed different rom need help getting back

keeppinit1000

May 11, 2012
Visit site
I have a sprint optimus s i flashed somthing to it dont know what really .. it says build number DanteRom .v2 all i want to do is get back to android 2.2 i have tried installing the update for 2.2 threw clockwork but i keep getting and error status 7 aborted .. what else can i try or if anyone knows exactly what to do ? the 2.2 update is the same one i have used in the past so theres no reason it shouldnt work

kylemaguire

Resident Teen
Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
Its posts like these that make me :banghead:

Clockwork can't help you get back to stock. Read the dang sticky that says about going back to stock.

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

keeppinit1000

May 11, 2012
Visit site
read the what? lol im new to the flashing bull **** lol i have no dam clue what im doing but its a phone i dont use anyway its just one of those things that bugs the hell outta me .. i read the fourms saying how to get back to stock but alottta the things posted im not familier with .. help me haha:'(

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
read until you can recite the guides from memory. Than continue to read until you chant these while you sleep.

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Okay, you flashed a zvj baseband rom and onto a zvd 2.2 actual radio. So if the phone is active, you now have no radio function (phone or data). You want to go back to a stock zvd 2.2 rom. Do you want actual stock or just a rom based on stock? If you want a good zvd from, go with reborn rom. If you want to actually go back to stock we need to know which recovery you have. When you boot into it, does it say xionia followed by a string of numbers somewhere?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I have a sprint optimus s i flashed somthing to it dont know what really .. it says build number DanteRom .v2
You answered your own question there.

Just wipe and flash the nandroid backup of your rooted stock that all the guides told you to make. ;)

Last edited:

rupeelord

Mar 22, 2012
Visit site
read until you can recite the guides from memory. Than continue to read until you chant these while you sleep.

Sometimes I like to sing the guides before I eat =)

OT: But really, before you do anything related to Rooting your Optimus S, make sure you really read all of the stickies and guides before trying anything. CWM is not compatible with the optimus s.

vernotzy21

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
lmfao!!!!:D

I pledge allegiance to the stickys they keep away from the wall of bricks in the land of darkness
I pledge to never use rom manager for it goes against the wisdom of the stickys
I pledge to flash a custom recovery before flashing a rom
I pledge to make a nandroid backup before flashing a rom
I pledge $20 to (insert developer name here)
I pledge to take full responability when anything goes wrong
I pledge to read and reread the stickys
may the wisdom of the stickys guide me and others
Amen
YOUR DROID HAS BEEN HEALED!!!!!

vernotzy21

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I have a sprint optimus s i flashed somthing to it dont know what really .. it says build number DanteRom .v2 all i want to do is get back to android 2.2 i have tried installing the update for 2.2 threw clockwork but i keep getting and error status 7 aborted .. what else can i try or if anyone knows exactly what to do ? the 2.2 update is the same one i have used in the past so theres no reason it shouldnt work

Based on what you said what I wanna know is how did you get that far?
I'm not trying to dog you but HOW DO YOU DO THAT? to download and flash a custom recovery download a rom that has the title in the filename........you got the phone from someone eles?.....didn't you

Revenant Ghost

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
Careful. Xionia Custom Recovery and Drew's CWMT are both ported versions of CWM and very compatible with the Optimus S. ;)

It's the ROM Mangler that will eat your phone like popcorn as you watch "LG: A one-scene movie" for hours.

Ha ha! That's a cool metaphor for ROM Manager. It's better than saying the obvious "ROM Manager can brick your phone if you're not careful." Heard that too many times.

Reactions: epidenimus

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I think we can agree, to his certain fortune: The OP's situation is not very difficult. He just missed a few key points in the stickies. No biggie. Probably still has ZVD radio and a plethora of ROMs available to him/her, just needs to wipe and flash to something compatible. Some day when he is pumping his new Android app or ROM, someone will find this thread again and we will all laugh at how things turned out. :)

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site

Yes, like everyone has stated, read the stickies........ and read them again.

But I'm going to be nice and give you your answer right here. Its simple, disable signature verification in recovery before you flash your 2.2 update (aka ZVD update.zip).

Easy as that...... ;)

Seditec

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
It seams alot of people give there phone to a tech savy friend to root and push a custom recovery now days its really quite annoying if u want it done take the time to do it your self.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad