OTA_Supersonic_3.29.651.5-3.26.651.6 [official update]

Itchiee

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
The speed increase is real, but transitions have an unnaturalness to them.
Guess I'll have to get use to it.

The increase works nice for Nova btw, its much smoother.

nashgold

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Hangs on 4g screen during update. Just wait it out, took a nap. 51 fps 2D 24 fps game level 3D. Browsing experience vastly improved. Lite gaming much better. Best update yet. Non root stock OTA.

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
little worried for a bit--stuck @ 4G screen, then the HTC white screen, then "loading %" for another 2 minutes--but finally went through and running @ 53FPS avg!

if you're uncertain what you're running---download fps2sd in the marketplace, then run the app.
it runs a small pingpong ball around your screen and shows you to what frames per second your device is set.

rcollins001

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I installed about one hour ago. Install went good. My Wi-Fi was not working correctly. It connected but almost no signal. I shut off my EVO and when it started for the second time the Wi-Fi is back to normal. So if anyone is having the same problem restart your phone after the update. Hope this helps someone

Cubfan

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
So for those of us running ClockworkMod Recovery, how do we get back to stock recovery so the update.zip will install? I have the zip file (PC36.img) but don't know how to install over Clockwork. I tried "installing" within Clockwork, but each time it comes back when I go to recovery.

Once I do that, I'm sure all will be well. Maybe.

ladyfinesse08

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Help!!!

Can't get the manual update to run. Keep getting the same installation aborted as the other guy. Any help would be appreciated. :) I've tried redownloading the update several times and it still doesn't work. Most recent one said

E: failed to read footer from sdcard/update.zip
E: signature verification failed
installion aborted

Another problem I also have is when I go to the recovery page (the page with the phone and the red triangle and exclamation point) I get a

E: Can't open cache/recovery/command

Using a launch week evo that's never been rooted or anything so not too sure what's going on. Again all help is greatly appreciated.

Bigfire

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Got the update installed this morning smoothly.....and speaking of smoothly, its how I'm browsing and moving in general across the Evo this morning! All animations look awesome, and watching my hacked NFL mobile app is actually viable now!

Only bug I've found so far is apparently something that will require a Flash Player update. Sound is distorted slow on internet radio and other flash video as others have reported.

Cubfan

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Ugh, garbled slow flash video sound? I've got that same problem with Vaelpak now, so I guess it isn't worth going back to stock.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Don't forget to go through now and readjust all your account & sync settings. Every single update always seems to enable sync for stuff I've always disabled, such as stocks and peep.

And wow, Fruit Ninja runs so very very smooth now. There used to be noticeable input lag, but not anymore. I am loving this update.

1. i see "stocks" was now checked for sync even though i kept it unchecked pre-update.
2. sprint zone no longer allows you to uncheck everything so i kept the first one checked and leave all others unchecked. i continue to set it to sync "only at startup" which i assume is only when you start the app (which will be never for me!)
3. tried to start up Google TALK app to make sure that i wasn't signed in and it attempts to sign in but can't. i never directly use this app but this is strange behavior.

Epsom_D2

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I really didn't think that the FPS cap would make such a difference, yes I had seen the videos, but it definitely does! Not to mention my secondary and tertiary Gmail/Google app accounts now work. I must say I'm pleased as punch with the update. It has definitely made a great device even better, but I have to say I still prefer my Blackberry for business purposes (need all the email to be stored even with no connection and a BB keyboard never hurts), guess carrying two phones will be de rigueur for a while.

kenlperry

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone have an apk for FriendStream? I removed it from my Evo and it looks like that's part of why the update is failing for me. I got an error on the recovery screen that said update failed and it had something to the effect that FriendStream could not be found. If anyone has it or knows where I can get it, please let me know. Thanks!

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone have an apk for FriendStream? I removed it from my Evo and it looks like that's part of why the update is failing for me. I got an error on the recovery screen that said update failed and it had something to the effect that FriendStream could not be found. If anyone has it or knows where I can get it, please let me know. Thanks!

Google search.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swarnadipdey47